HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Draft - Philadelphia - Rounds 2-7 9:00 AM NHLN

Old
03-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Ekblad should be taken, guy's a total monster. I think after Reinhart the value is pretty equal all through the top ten. Dal Colle would be a nice get.
Watch this year be the one we win the lottery then draft BPA in Ekbald

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Watch this year be the one we win the lottery then draft BPA in Ekbald
Won't happen. Poile had an excuse last time because there was a gap he could fill with Seth but our D is now stacked. Weber, Josi, Jones, Del Zotto, Ellis and Ekholm aren't moving anywhere anytime soon. Ekblad won't be the pick that I can be emphatic on.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Won't happen. Poile had an excuse last time because there was a gap he could fill with Seth but our D is now stacked. Weber, Josi, Jones, Del Zotto, Ellis and Ekholm aren't moving anywhere anytime soon. Ekblad won't be the pick that I can be emphatic on.
If we win the lottery we take Reinhart or Bennett or just trade the pick to Edmonton and pick up an asset or two as well as Reinhart or Bennett. Win/Win either way.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
If we win the lottery we take Reinhart or Bennett or just trade the pick to Edmonton and pick up an asset or two as well as Reinhart or Bennett. Win/Win either way.
I would just trade for the right to switch picks in the next 3 years with Edmonton. I would love to win this lottery and do that and have them win it next year.

Old
03-09-2014, 08:56 PM
AintLifeGrand

Scenario: We win lotto. Edmonton picks 3. We trade 1st overall for Yak. Oilers pick up Ekblad .Florida picks up Reinhardt or Bennett ,also guaranteeing us one of the two. All of a sudden we have

Yak-Jarnrok-Forsberg
Stalberg-Wilson-Hornqvist
Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Beck

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Scenario: We win lotto. Edmonton picks 3. We trade 1st overall for Yak. Oilers pick up Ekblad .Florida picks up Reinhardt or Bennett ,also guaranteeing us one of the two. All of a sudden we have

Yak-Jarnrok-Forsberg
Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Beck
No thank you

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:

Yak-Jarnrok-Forsberg
Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Beck
EDM is not trading Yakupov to move up two spots in an average draft year.

Next year though I can see people doing crazy stuff for McDavid.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:

Yak-Jarnrok-Forsberg
Bourque-Fisher-Smith
Nystrom-Gaustad-Beck
Not gonna happen Edmonton would not trade Yak and their first to move up 2 spots. Also Florida is not picking 2nd in that scenario Buffalo would be

Old
03-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I would just trade for the right to switch picks in the next 3 years with Edmonton. I would love to win this lottery and do that and have them win it next year.
Best hope GMs don't have long memories, then. I think the last time that was done was when Doug MacLean swindled his way into getting Rick Nash essentially for free.

Quote:
Scenario: We win lotto. Edmonton picks 3. We trade 1st overall for Yak.
This won't happen. It'd be a stretch for Tambellini to consider, and MacT has already adequately demonstrated that he's not that crazy. It's a frequent fantasy of the team at the top, but the team on the bottom pretty much never wants to go for it.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:31 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
The problem is if youre going to be a floater, you had better score 25 to 30 goals because you will probably be responsible for several goals against as well.

I dont know that we have had anyone other than Rads who would have been a 25 to30 goal scorer if not for Trotz. If you only have 20 goal talent, you better play at least some defense
To support this, look at the career plus/minus for a guy like Brett Hull: http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hullbr01.html

For a guy scoring 741 goals, his career plus/minus was +23 and was a floater much of his time in St. Louis posting a +/- of -27 in a season scoring 54 goals. You can't say that he wasn't a game changer; but if a guy isn't going to score a ridiculous number of goals at even strength or on the power play, we likely want to look elsewhere. This team likely could support a floater in a sniper role; but with the success of Sutter in LA and Hitch in StL, I cannot see the Preds steering away from those models of success. Based on how Poile built Team USA, I see them looking for a Backes-Oshie-Callahan-Brown type of forward that they had hoped Colin Wilson would've been. I could easily see Nick Ritchie being someone the Pred's would target in the 6-9 slot.
Quote:
Tough and quick, he is a good playmaker and scorer. Strong on the forecheck and in the battle areas. 200lber with great size, good on-ice vision soft mitts, quick release and natural goal scoring instincts. Working to be a stronger forechecker, and improve as a two-way player. Already displays skill and physical presence. Aggressive physical player with good agility and footwork. Punishing hitter. Emerging offensive player who is difficult to move off the puck. Uses his core strength and skating strides to cause problems defending.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 10:53 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

The top-8 (other than Ekblad) are all offense and are putting up huge numbers

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:31 AM
RaiderDoug

Good job on the boys for coughing up a point last night to Ottawa. We can't be racking up points if we want to get a game changer up front.

I don't think we'll be bad enough to finish in the Bennett, Reinhardt territory, but we have a real shot a Draisaitl or DalColle. DalColles got good size and Draisaitl reminds me a bit of Barkov from last year.

Either one can project to be a 1C for us in front of Jarnkrok.

I have them a bit above guys like Nylander (too small? More of a playmaker than a finisher), Ritchie or Ehlers (wings don't solve our problems down the middle).

Let's all be DRW fans, if we can pull their second that'll give us more ammo to move up to get one of those big 4 forward prospects if we finish out of the top 5 or 6.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:53 AM
alexmanu

Dal Colle is a real powerful player, who may not be as flashy as Draisaitl, but he has that all-round game to be a more dominant 1C IMO.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
GeauxPreds

Nylander may be small but he is very much a goal scorer. Go check his thread in the prospects thread for a highlight tape or two. Really in terms of who I'd like to see us draft (reasonably) I'd rank it

Dal Colle

Draisaitl
Nylander
Ritchie
Ehlers

Perlini
Kapanen etc.

These tiers aren't in any particular order and I really think anyone outside of Bennet/Reinhart/Dal Colle/Ekbald has an equal chance at busting/reaching a really high offensive potential so beyond that I think anyone in the tier below would work out well.

Last edited by GeauxPreds: 03-11-2014 at 01:28 PM.
GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

There is a top 3 for me. Ekblad, Reinhart, and DD. If there is an offer for an improvement for an NHL ready player I want that.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
dulzhok

Package some combination of our 1st, Ellis, maybe Wilson (depending on how the rest of the season goes) for an NHL ready younger forward.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:00 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
There is a top 3 for me. Ekblad, Reinhart, and DD. If there is an offer for an improvement for an NHL ready player I want that.
Who is DD? Deutschland Dangler?

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
Who is DD? Deutschland Dangler?
Yup because I can't remember how to spell Leon's last name. LOL!

Also been thinking; would a line of Forsberg-Jarnkrok-Sissons work? Frankly, I see a lot of 2nd to marginal 1st line talents on the draft.

If anything and this will cause heads to explode, After Bitetto and Dialby. should Nashville consider some Defensive prospect depth?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:

If anything and this will cause heads to explode, After Bitetto and Dialby. should Nashville consider some Defensive prospect depth?

Even though the farm is looking a little thin on D, the big club has it's top 4 locked up for some time (if they resign MDZ).

I can't see spending high picks (1st and 2nd rounders) on a guy who's biggest role on the big club might be as a 5th defenseman in 3 years.

Especially with the holes in offense. Spend some late round flyers on D's for Milwaukee, but collect as many offensive players as possible with the high draft picks.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:09 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Detroit now 2 pts out of wild card. We need them to get in there...

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Just as concerning is Vancouver they got shelled by the Islanders last night not hard to imagine we pass them in the standings before long. The Sens next few have them little chance of points as well, and the Preds have 4 points coming this week against the Oil and Flames. This draft is just too thin on league ready talent to pick 8 or 9 and hope for immediate help. If the Wings do slide in to the playoffs and they probably will if DP could package both picks back to Detroit for another ready prospect that could be the ideal situation.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Just as concerning is Vancouver they got shelled by the Islanders last night not hard to imagine we pass them in the standings before long. The Sens next few have them little chance of points as well, and the Preds have 4 points coming this week against the Oil and Flames. This draft is just too thin on league ready talent to pick 8 or 9 and hope for immediate help. If the Wings do slide in to the playoffs and they probably will if DP could package both picks back to Detroit for another ready prospect that could be the ideal situation.
Both the Flames and Oilers had no problem beating the Preds last time around.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Didn't Nystrom have a 4 goal night against the Flames and we still lost?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Yup because I can't remember how to spell Leon's last name. LOL!
Since when has that stopped you before?

Draisaitl's my favorite of the guys who might manage to avoid going top-5. Beyond that, I haven't really paid close attention. If he's the guy who ends up here, I'd almost be tempted to follow that up by bringing back Goc and going Team Deutschland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Sorry. It was them or us. We prefer us.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Didn't Nystrom have a 4 goal night against the Flames and we still lost?
Yes we sure did

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote