HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bonehead for Bonehead

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Sled2300

vCash: 500
Bonehead for Bonehead

Is there a trade out there where Calgary can unload Turek for a comperable salary to 5 million for next year and the prorated portion of 4.25 from this year. Is Turgeon a UFA after this season?

I know Turek has no trade value but if it was like the title says a bonehead for bonehead then maybe a change of scenery would help.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:07 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
Is there a trade out there where Calgary can unload Turek for a comperable salary to 5 million for next year and the prorated portion of 4.25 from this year. Is Turgeon a UFA after this season?

I know Turek has no trade value but if it was like the title says a bonehead for bonehead then maybe a change of scenery would help.
Dallas has enough salary problems with the upcoming CBA and its underachieving stars.
Unless Calgary eats some salary, Dallas isn't going to pay $4.25 M for a backup...hell, Tugnutt already costs them over $3 M per and he's in the AHL!

Old
02-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Fantasywonder

Actually, that "other bonehead" is playing mighty well. The Stars wouldn't trade him as it would lower their chances at reaching the playoffs, or even further. Turgeon has been huge in the games he's played down the middle. Quite possibly our best forward in those games. His contract has absolutely nothing to do whether he's a "bonehead" or not, blame management. And despite all this, they way he has been treated, Turgeon took everything they threw at him like a man and is know proving them wrong. To top it off, he also has a NTC. Turek would be useless in Dallas, Turgeon is not.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Fantasywonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
Dallas has enough salary problems with the upcoming CBA and its underachieving stars.
Unless Calgary eats some salary, Dallas isn't going to pay $4.25 M for a backup...hell, Tugnutt already costs them over $3 M per and he's in the AHL!
Tugnutt makes 2.8 I believe. And the reason why he has been inconsistant is because of the ironman in front of him. Ever since Marty had that nagging injury somewhere around march of last year, Tugnutt has played in only 4 games. And if it's up to Marty, he'd likely won't start ever again in the green&gold. That's not because management has no faith in Tugger, but because of Turco's endurance and consistency. He wants to play every game and untill he really **** up, he will start 79 games this season.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Sled2300

I didn't mean bonehead as an attack against any players personality but rather they style of play compared to the over inflated salary they are entitled too. I knew Turgeon had a large contract and is not putting the numbers up to justify it so that is why I suggested him. There is most likely not a suitor for Turek at all but then again most Flames fans said the same thing about Niedermeyer last year as well.

Old
02-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Benji Frank

If Kipper comes back and plays the way he did before he got hurt, I think Calgary might try to move Turek and possibly even eat some salary to get a real player.....

I don't know what Kiprosoff's contract is, but I'd guess him and Mclennan can't be much more then a couple of mill between them ... that's way less then what most starting goalies make by themselves!!!!

Imagine that ... "Hey Sather, it's Sutter. Yeah, I heard you're struggliing a little financiallly and need a goalie to boot. How's about we eat a million per of the remainder of Turek's contract to help out your small market Ranger outfit and you throw us back Poti?"

Old
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Frank
If Kipper comes back and plays the way he did before he got hurt, I think Calgary might try to move Turek and possibly even eat some salary to get a real player.....

I don't know what Kiprosoff's contract is, but I'd guess him and Mclennan can't be much more then a couple of mill between them ... that's way less then what most starting goalies make by themselves!!!!

Imagine that ... "Hey Sather, it's Sutter. Yeah, I heard you're struggliing a little financiallly and need a goalie to boot. How's about we eat a million per of the remainder of Turek's contract to help out your small market Ranger outfit and you throw us back Poti?"
Poti?? The Flames are already bogged down with d-men. Plus Poti's tendency to pinch too much and not play defence doesn't fit into Sutter's system.
Flames need scoring punch up front. Lundmark maybe? Or Hlavac.

Old
02-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
If you think about it that way, though, Poti looks like a heck of a forward for the Flames, eh?
~Crazed.

Old
02-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Ozy_Flame

If, and if we are dealing with the Rangers, I'd like to see a deal like Turek and a high pick or great prospect for Peter Nedved. Salary for Salary. One team needs offensive, the other needs a goaltender. The Rangers have an abundance of offensive firepower, and the Flames need a scorer to replace Conroy next year.

Now if only Sather would sign those papers.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
If, and if we are dealing with the Rangers, I'd like to see a deal like Turek and a high pick or great prospect for Peter Nedved. Salary for Salary. One team needs offensive, the other needs a goaltender. The Rangers have an abundance of offensive firepower, and the Flames need a scorer to replace Conroy next year.

Now if only Sather would sign those papers.
Your joking right? Petr Nedved??

Old
02-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagoner
Your joking right? Petr Nedved??
What's wrong with Nedved? NY is possibly looking for a stop-gap replacement for Dunham, and Calgary could use Nedved as that big skilled forward for a playoff run.

Salaries are even, suits both teams' needs, and Nedved has stated he likes Calgary as that's where he defected over at (I think it was during the Mac's Midget Hockey Tourney?)

And because he's a UFA at the end of this season, Calgary is not obligated to any contract next year.

Nedved's departure gives players like Lundmark more playing time, the playing time that he desperately needs.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
And because he's a UFA at the end of this season, Calgary is not obligated to any contract next year.
I think that's the biggest issue.. the Rangers already have a heck of a lot of salary going into next year. The deal might be possible if Turek was on his last year of his contract but he has another year or two left doesn't he?

Old
02-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I think that's the biggest issue.. the Rangers already have a heck of a lot of salary going into next year. The deal might be possible if Turek was on his last year of his contract but he has another year or two left doesn't he?
This is true; but if there is no NHL hockey next year, Turek's salary might be covered by insurance.

In anycase, what's a measely $4.25 mill onto the Ranger's salary? Hardly a dent at all!

Closed Thread