HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[BUF/LAK]Brayden McNabb + 2 2nd's + Parker for Hudson Fasching + Nicolas Deslauriers

Old
03-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Wisent42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
D-Lo is one of the funniest locker room guys. But absolutely intimidating too. You see him off the ice and he has a full sleeve of tattoos and then a few on the other arm and he's an absolute tank. But he's just such a nice guy. When I'd interview him, he'd love to work in a joke or two - usually going after Jordan Weal's height.

His potential to me maxes out as a 2nd line winger. I really think he can make it if he's handled properly. I've read people say he's not a great skater but he's pretty fast. He may be nursing an injury. Plus he's a tank, plays super physical, can fight, has the hands to make plays, and has a very good shot. He has all the tools. Here's an article I wrote. Watch the highlights in it and see for yourself. And there's part of my post game interview with him at the end.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/11/ahl-d...-comeback-win/
Thanks for this and all your other input on D-Lo (I like that nickname). From what I've seen so far, this guy is NHL ready and will make himself useful.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 03-10-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: quote tag
Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 01:55 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
I feel like everyone is completely on board with this now, what a pickup Deslauriers has been. That was a slick pickup of a player most knew next to nothing about. It's nice to see two GM's have the balls to actually make a trade like this, they don't happen enough. I hope Murray doesn't fall into the trap of getting attached to his players and can make another move like this. I don't know where Deslauriers ends up, but he sure is tracking to be a legit top 9 PF.

Last edited by 1972: 12-28-2014 at 02:00 PM.
1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Zip15

vCash: 205
This trade is one of the few reasons I'm intrigued by this season's trade deadline, which will otherwise be pretty boring ("Gee, will we get a 2nd or 3rd for Drew Stafford?"). It'll be interesting to see if he identifies some recently drafted players or undervalued players in the AHL that he likes and is willing to trade some current assets for the player(s).

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Takeo

I never cared for this deal. Deslauriers seems to be latest Sabre fan flavor of the month, but McNabb was the best talent involved. Bad trade.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Zip15

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I never cared for this deal. Deslauriers seems to be latest Sabre fan flavor of the month, but McNabb was the best talent involved. Bad trade.
Funny, I think Fasching is the best talent involved.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Bps21*

Quote:
I never cared for this deal. Deslauriers seems to be latest Sabre fan flavor of the month, but McNabb was the best talent involved.
Completely disagree. This deal was about Hudson Fasching.

Bps21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Funny, I think Fasching is the best talent involved.
Takeo has to go look up who this Fasching guy is.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Beerz

Solid 4th liner who can move up n down the line up when needed.

Still need to see how Fasching and McNabb turn out.

Still see it the same way when it went down. Liked it but believed we overpaid. Which is fine.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:09 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
I never cared for this deal. Deslauriers seems to be latest Sabre fan flavor of the month, but McNabb was the best talent involved.
Deslauriers has been really good in probably 30 of the 36 games so far, whether he is being physical, or putting up points.

And Fasching is probably the best talent involved.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 02:13 PM
ZeroPT*

Fasching most definitely was the target

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 04:16 PM
BananaSquad

Quote:
Anything (bills or sabres) do is never good enough for you, i love it haha.

BananaSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 05:29 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Takeo has to go look up who this Fasching guy is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Deslauriers has been really good in probably 30 of the 36 games so far, whether he is being physical, or putting up points.

And Fasching is probably the best talent involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Fasching most definitely was the target
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSquad View Post
Anything (bills or sabres) do is never good enough for you, i love it haha.

Very well said

Yawn

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 06:02 PM
FearTheBeard

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen this guy post something coherent

FearTheBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 06:13 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

McNabb's been no slouch for LA either. That half of the deal has been pretty even.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 06:51 PM
FearTheBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
McNabb's been no slouch for LA either. That half of the deal has been pretty even.
sure, doesn't make it a bad trade though. Both teams can win

FearTheBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 06:53 PM
FamilyGuy716

Quote:
I wasn't sure about Deslauriers place on this team long term but If he keeps playing like he has been, he's definitely a bottom 6 keeper. I was at the game last night and he played a great game. He's the kind of player you need to play that LA/Boston type of game.

FamilyGuy716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 07:20 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
1. This trade was mostly about Fasching.

2. Even if McNabb is good, he was log-jammed behind too many other defensive prospects.

3. McNabb's skating troubled me a bit.

4. As far as I can tell, you've never cared for anything that any player, coach or manager has ever done in the entire Sabres organization.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 07:22 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
IMO Fasching is hands down the best talent involved..He just also happens to be the farthest from a finished product. McNabb's been held back by the same handful of deficiencies for years, and probably will continue to be. Des, I thought, would be a guy who's the perfect 4th liner on a cup contender. If he becomes more than that, it's gravy.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Bad Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Warlord View Post
I disagree but w/e works. There are many players amongst the league lead in points in the CHL who don't sniff the NHL.

You should see some of the solid NHLers Brian Holzinger out scored in his collegiate days
mistake

Last edited by Bad Goalie: 12-28-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Bad Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 07:54 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
sure, doesn't make it a bad trade though. Both teams can win
I agree

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
1. This trade was mostly about Fasching.

2. Even if McNabb is good, he was log-jammed behind too many other defensive prospects.

3. McNabb's skating troubled me a bit.

4. As far as I can tell, you've never cared for anything that any player, coach or manager has ever done in the entire Sabres organization.
Regarding Point #2- I also think that McNabb may have not developed the same way here as he has in LA due to the logjam you speak of. I think in the end it'll be less about who won the trade and more about how both teams made out very well.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 09:57 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Not really. McNabb had a nice little run getting carried around by Doughty earlier in the season. It got him some points. But McNabb has gotten less and less ice time. He is currently a bottom pairing dman getting very little ice time. The last 10gms he's averaged 14:30 minutes and the last 4 games he's played only 14:00, 14:03, 12:42 and 12:43. He hardly matters for the Kings. I'm guessing thats due in large part to his skating issues and how they can be exposed at the NHL level.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 09:57 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
Regarding Point #2- I also think that McNabb may have not developed the same way here as he has in LA due to the logjam you speak of. I think in the end it'll be less about who won the trade and more about how both teams made out very well.
He hasn't really developed there.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Ethan Edwards

Ahhh, revisiting this old thread. I'm surprised it needs repeating, but as others have said, and speaking from the Buffalo POV, this trade was 100% about Fasching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Not really. McNabb had a nice little run getting carried around by Doughty earlier in the season. It got him some points. But McNabb has gotten less and less ice time. He is currently a bottom pairing dman getting very little ice time. The last 10gms he's averaged 14:30 minutes and the last 4 games he's played only 14:00, 14:03, 12:42 and 12:43. He hardly matters for the Kings. I'm guessing thats due in large part to his skating issues and how they can be exposed at the NHL level.
Many, including me, have stated that McNabb may not have gotten proper opportunity to shine in Buffalo, but IMO he had his chances and didn't do enough. The notes above aren't surprising. Even if he went over to LA and shined, or shines for a few years henceforth, we know who McNabb is and what he brings at the pro level, good and bad. Fasching is still the prospect. So at the time the trade was made his potential was far, far higher (IMO then and now) than McNabb's. Fasching may get to the NHL and flame out, but at the time the trade was swung, what Fasching represented was far superior than what McNabb represented. And as we keep moving forward, and more people get to see what Fashching offers (smooth skating, big bodied power forward with 2-way chops who can put the puck in the net), I think the scales of opinion will continue to move. Again, he may not reach the lofty heights, but right now he projects to do just that. What's not to love with this acquisition?

Ethan Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
He hasn't really developed there.
I thought he was getting decent minutes and putting up some points, no? Could of sworn I saw LA fans saying they were happy with his play, but maybe not.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see your other post explaining it further

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote