HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Peter Mueller wants to return to the NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2014, 01:53 AM
  #51
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,710
vCash: 500
Like others have said. Loved him on the Avs. One of my favorite moments was when he scored his first goal back from the concussion issues.

If he's healthy, would love him on Duchene's wing. I think that is fairly unlikely at this point though.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 01:57 AM
  #52
RumpleSnipeSkin
Bar Down
 
RumpleSnipeSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 848
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I always figured Mueller would turn in to a solid 20-30 goal guy. What happened to him?
I was way off
Blake with a dirty hit... not the funniest thing ever.

RumpleSnipeSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:20 AM
  #53
Avs
Bozak + 2nd
 
Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I always figured Mueller would turn in to a solid 20-30 goal guy. What happened to him?
I was way off
When he was traded to Colorado, he had 20 points (9 G, 11 A) in 15 games before Rob Blake took him out with a dirty hit right before the playoffs.

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
  #54
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,814
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I always figured Mueller would turn in to a solid 20-30 goal guy. What happened to him?
I was way off

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:34 AM
  #55
John McClane
Registered User
 
John McClane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumpleSnipeSkin View Post
Blake with a dirty hit... not the funniest thing ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
When he was traded to Colorado, he had 20 points (9 G, 11 A) in 15 games before Rob Blake took him out with a dirty hit right before the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Okay, so retracting my previous laughter, just assumed he busted. Damn shame about the hit. Hate to see a guy lose his career over that.
My apologies Avs fans, I meant no ill intent.

John McClane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:43 AM
  #56
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,238
vCash: 500
Mueller was my favourite up and coming prospect at one point. He has crazy offensive skill. Hope he puts it back together and can get a good string of health related luck going.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 02:58 AM
  #57
mightyquack
Moderator
Everybody panic
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
My team should make an offer!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 04:32 AM
  #58
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 50
He is only 25? Seems like he's been around forever. Still young enough to turn it around.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 05:13 AM
  #59
Tacos
Wheeeee
 
Tacos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 50
I see him going to Ottawa and playing really well over there while Habs fans come to loath him as he somehow became a Habs killer

Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 05:51 AM
  #60
El_Loco_Avs
Registered User
 
El_Loco_Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,181
vCash: 500
I'd like to see him return to Avs. Maybe after we trade a forward for some D.

He'd help our PP a lot! Mad chemistry with Duchene.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 06:06 AM
  #61
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500


Dat flow.

Really good to hear that he put together a good season in Switzerland, hope he can get back over here, have some good health, and turn into a solid player like he deserves to be.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 06:07 AM
  #62
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Rangers should be in on this. they have had interest before and with Rangers lacking size at center ice, he would fit a need although not a physical player but is skilled.. 2 year deal would not be a bad option, Pouliot is working out for Rangers this year.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 07:08 AM
  #63
KeziaTML
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
A year away from the nhl injury free while still playing high level competitive hockey is a great thing for mueller.

/Captain obvious

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 07:21 AM
  #64
tony d
Whatareyousmiling at
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,187
vCash: 500
If he's healthy then I can see him getting loads of interest from around the league. At his best he's a pretty good point producer.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:13 AM
  #65
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Having seen him in the NHL last season, I dont know if he's going to get as much interest as people seem to think. Heck, he had a decent yr playing for a really bad FL team and basically couldnt get a contract this season. He started out playing pretty well and had good chemistry on the RW with Huberdeau & Drew Shore. Eventually he disappeared and basically was no long producing offensively. He's not that good defensively either so unless he's in a top 6 role, he's useless and if he's as inconsistent as he was in FL, he'll be useless to an NHL team beyond a short stint. If he's willing to sign a 2-way deal, I'm sure a team will give him a chance to earn a spot and if not, they'll have a good veteran for the AHL team.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:13 AM
  #66
devilsrock
Registered User
 
devilsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Great Neck, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
This screams Devils signing.
This is totally a Lou move

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:31 AM
  #67
Ceremony
Flashbulb Eyes
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 94,927
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
Him and Latendresse should both be in the NHL, not sure why they arent. Good young 3rd liners, who can move up the lineup.
Probably because he's a top six player who, as covered, was destroyed by a concussion.

I hope he can find an NHL team and stick there. He has the skill, and if he still wants to try and make it in the NHL now, you can be sure he has the dedication.

__________________
this isn't real, it's only the internet
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:48 AM
  #68
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,500
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind him on the avs.
We could use more forward depth.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:50 AM
  #69
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 34,204
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Having seen him in the NHL last season, I dont know if he's going to get as much interest as people seem to think. Heck, he had a decent yr playing for a really bad FL team and basically couldnt get a contract this season. He started out playing pretty well and had good chemistry on the RW with Huberdeau & Drew Shore. Eventually he disappeared and basically was no long producing offensively. He's not that good defensively either so unless he's in a top 6 role, he's useless and if he's as inconsistent as he was in FL, he'll be useless to an NHL team beyond a short stint. If he's willing to sign a 2-way deal, I'm sure a team will give him a chance to earn a spot and if not, they'll have a good veteran for the AHL team.
What Coolburn said.

He had a great start to the season and was really dangerous offensively, then just sort of sailed into oblivion. 2 goals in his last 30 games IIRC.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:02 AM
  #70
The Dangly One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangly One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Meh... Pretty low on the scale

The Dangly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:15 AM
  #71
Jesus Christ Horburn
Registered User
 
Jesus Christ Horburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
I have it on good authority that after Colorado decided not to qualify him, the Jets offered him a contract but he chose to sign with the Panthers. I can only assume that Blake Wheeler was involved, seeing as how he and Mueller grew up together in Minnesota.

Take it for what it's worth, the Jets were interested in him once upon a time.

Jesus Christ Horburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:37 AM
  #72
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Country: United States
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
His style would fit in great with Colorado's top 9. He was never a physical player (and was criticized in Phoenix for that) but he was scoring at such a clip in Denver that no one cared. Got wrecked by a fairly dirty hit by Blake (not egregious, but dirty) and missed s whole season. Avs brought in Fleischmann to replace him, who promptly developed a blood clot.

In the off season, the Avs had to choose between qualifying an RFA Mueller who hadn't played in a year, or signing a UFA Fleischmann who was on blood thinning medication. They chose the cheaper, RFA route (though it could have easily been a mutual decision with Fleischmann, altitude, and so on.) Mueller had a meh season, as is to be expected after such a hiatus. Avs fans gave him a long leash, but he was invisible and awful for much of the year. At the end of the year, management realized they had sunk two years into a player for about 20 good games and cut ties.

I was never a huge fan of Mueller in Denver, but it's sad to see him go out like he did. Judging by his last year in Florida, I don't know if he has the endurance to perform at a high level for a full 82 game season.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:58 AM
  #73
Aela*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I have it on good authority that after Colorado decided not to qualify him, the Jets offered him a contract but he chose to sign with the Panthers. I can only assume that Blake Wheeler was involved, seeing as how he and Mueller grew up together in Minnesota.

Take it for what it's worth, the Jets were interested in him once upon a time.
I'd like him in WPG...he'd at least be better than our current bottom 6.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:14 AM
  #74
Ceremony
Flashbulb Eyes
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 94,927
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
His style would fit in great with Colorado's top 9. He was never a physical player (and was criticized in Phoenix for that) but he was scoring at such a clip in Denver that no one cared. Got wrecked by a fairly dirty hit by Blake (not egregious, but dirty) and missed s whole season. Avs brought in Fleischmann to replace him, who promptly developed a blood clot.

In the off season, the Avs had to choose between qualifying an RFA Mueller who hadn't played in a year, or signing a UFA Fleischmann who was on blood thinning medication. They chose the cheaper, RFA route (though it could have easily been a mutual decision with Fleischmann, altitude, and so on.) Mueller had a meh season, as is to be expected after such a hiatus. Avs fans gave him a long leash, but he was invisible and awful for much of the year. At the end of the year, management realized they had sunk two years into a player for about 20 good games and cut ties.

I was never a huge fan of Mueller in Denver, but it's sad to see him go out like he did. Judging by his last year in Florida, I don't know if he has the endurance to perform at a high level for a full 82 game season.
Mueller was traded for in March 2010, got re-signed to a two year deal that summer. Sat out the whole first year, then played the first three games in 11-12, sat out, and came back for the last third or so of the season. Left unqualified in summer 2012. We traded for Fleischmann in November 2010, and he left unsigned at the end of 2011.

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
  #75
Sleepy
2014 Avenged
 
Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Meh... Pretty low on the scale
It was more the result than the act. It was a dirty hit definitely, but I don't think anyone saw it as a career-altering one at the time. Sucks as he was on fire

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.