HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 65: Preds @ Senators | 6:30 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Road-trip Game 1

Old
03-10-2014, 09:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Was that Spezza who hit Jones in the head right after the GWG?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Nah, just a little tap on the arm. Jones didn't even realize it.

Marty Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Looked to me like he got him in the side of the head, but it wasn't really a big deal I guess.

Old
03-10-2014, 09:58 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
You guys deserved two points. Ottawa was lucky to get even one.

Phillips is getting roasted on HFSens right now if you want to have a good chuckle.

03-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Woo! Had a great night. Josi and Weber had a rough one. (even though I thought Josi had some really good shifts offensively). Wilson getting better on draws and you can really tell he oozes skill. Just needs some open ice to show it. Wasn't really annoyed at the 3 goal comeback considering 2 of the goals weren't really world beaters. Funny that almost 25% of the lower bowl left in the 3rd only for their team to come back to fight in OT. Fortunately the preds pulled it out. Wilson made a great play in the neutral zone to set up that rush, then Ellis and Jones finished it off. Met a few other guys there with preds jerseys (there weren't many), but we took a couple pictures and had a beer (or two or three).

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Yeah and Wilson was who knocked Phillips off the puck. Colin Wilson. That probably won't help Phillips' case.

Old
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
drwpreds

Terrible effort from Spezza on the GWG- not sure if he could have caught Seth or not, but lazy effort nonetheless...

And he was still given the #1 star.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Woo! Had a great night. Josi and Weber had a rough one. (even though I thought Josi had some really good shifts offensively). Wilson getting better on draws and you can really tell he oozes skill. Just needs some open ice to show it. Wasn't really annoyed at the 3 goal comeback considering 2 of the goals weren't really world beaters. Funny that almost 25% of the lower bowl left in the 3rd only for their team to come back to fight in OT. Fortunately the preds pulled it out. Wilson made a great play in the neutral zone to set up that rush, then Ellis and Jones finished it off. Met a few other guys there with preds jerseys (there weren't many), but we took a couple pictures and had a beer (or two or three).
Glad you got to see us win in person. They showed a few Preds fans on tv during the game.

Old
03-10-2014, 10:19 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Terrible effort from Spezza on the GWG- not sure if he could have caught Seth or not, but lazy effort nonetheless...

And he was still given the #1 star.
One goal and two assists at home will do that.

Old
03-10-2014, 10:31 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Yeah and Wilson was who knocked Phillips off the puck. Colin Wilson. That probably won't help Phillips' case.

The sens board is just all over Phillips since they just resigned him for 2 more years. You got to credit Wilson for tying up 2 guys so Ellis was all alone with Jones coming behind him. When I saw it was Ellis and Jones on the breakaway I was confident we'd score. If it was 2 forwards we would have probably missed the net. I wish our forwards had the talent that our defenseman do.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
I'll take a win. Seth Jones needs to score more OT goals. Guy was ecstatic; happy for him.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

A poster on the main boards is saying Weber is overrated, and pointed out his -3 and single shot on goal in tonight's game to prove it.

Yeah nice sample size, boss. Stalberg singlehandedly made Weber completely overrated tonight

Old
03-11-2014, 03:25 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Even though it was Ryan Ellis on the breakaway I had zero confidence that he would score. I seriously can't remember the last time a Predator scored on a breakaway. I don't even get excited when someone gets a breakaway. Thankfully Jones was left all alone to tap in the rebound.

This team has no killer instinct. Why they can't just put a team away I will never understand. Yeah Ottawa started playing a little harder, but if the Preds had played the third like they did the first 2 periods and not backed off then they would not have even let Ottawa get those chances and shots.

Not that I want to see anyone get injured, but it was nice to see Weber hit someone on the other team instead of our own players.

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
A poster on the main boards is saying Weber is overrated, and pointed out his -3 and single shot on goal in tonight's game to prove it.

Yeah nice sample size, boss. Stalberg singlehandedly made Weber completely overrated tonight
A Norris trophy winning defenceman was on the ice for 4 Predators' goals tonight and he gave zero effort on the OT winner

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 07:24 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
The sens board is just all over Phillips since they just resigned him for 2 more years. You got to credit Wilson for tying up 2 guys so Ellis was all alone with Jones coming behind him. When I saw it was Ellis and Jones on the breakaway I was confident we'd score. If it was 2 forwards we would have probably missed the net. I wish our forwards had the talent that our defenseman do.
Sad isn't it. Good thing Ellis has got practice in the shootouts. He was ready like a straight up boss. He even came in calm and collected like he was in a shootout.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
glenngineer

Happy and ticked about the win. Why did it even bother going to OT? Put teams away, something we have the inability to do. Coaching? Players? I don't know anymore.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote