HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canes - 3/11/14

View Poll Results: 3 stars
Marc Staal 11 32.35%
Rongos pls 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2014, 08:37 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Do the Rangers realize they are in a playoff race? No hustle, heart, intensity, or effort whatsoever. They looked disjointed and out of sync the entire night.

And at this point of the season, the defense should have adjusted to the new system by now. Since the Olympic break, they seem to forget how to play D about every other game. The Rangers don't score enough goals to compensate for these defensive lapses.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Klein looks like the Devil

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:38 PM
FLNYR
Wide Angle Watcher

vCash: 857
How is it the Islanders score 7 in the 3rd and we put up an effort like this?! Chew em out AV!

FLNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shinchanyo

man what a game! Keep up the effort level where it was tonight! Not a single person played poorly on the NYR. Nope...not a one!

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ponzu4u

Cool, cool. Not like winning games against inferior opponents is particularly important this time of year...

ponzu4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clausewitz

Something is going on. The guys looked especially distracted. Maybe locker room problems? I'm just speculating.

Clausewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
I could have sworn we traded for the leading point scorer from last year ?
Yeah he's stuck with a washed up cement shoes center and a speedy grinder. Who's he gonna play with to be successful? The top 2 centers on this team are slow. I'd honestly try him with Brassard and move Zuke to lw. Then re-unite poo poo with Hagelin and Richards.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crazed Beaver

Nash wasn't skating except for some effort on the pk.

Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NoMoreRusselCrowin4u
Ludicrous Speed, Go!

Anyone else dying for us to play Talbot?

Not to take away from Lundqvist. He's certainly not the reason we lost, but that "chance to win every night" he's famous for providing seems to be a slimmer chance than when my man with the undeniably BEST goalie mask is in net, at least right now.

I just feel more confident with him in net, and I think the team feels the same. Like, not only does he keep us in it, but our boys seem to persevere much better, and keep trying to push when we're trailing instead of looking like they've given up.

Bench Pouliot, he comes back flying. Same with Zucc early in the season. Hank looks frustrated, pounding the ice after the last few GA. I don't know that AV's belief is continuing to play Hank is the best way to keep him in/return him to form, but it seems that way, despite being shown that sometimes a game off is exactly what a player needs to push him to the next level.

NoMoreRusselCrowin4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
UH82CIT

Terrible game. Oh well, moving on.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aufheben
Global Moderator
🍣🍣🍣🍣🍣

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNYR View Post
How is it the Islanders score 7 in the 3rd and we put up an effort like this?! Chew em out AV!
Only thing getting chewed out is AV's gum.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Hey, guys. "FTFY" posts – posts where you edit someone else's post as a quote to alter their original meaning – are against the rules. Thanks.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

I honestly didn't notice the Kreider-Stepan-Nash line doing ANYTHING !!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thewaitingisover

That was the worst game since the first week of the season. Absolute atrocity from top to bottom, beginning to end.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Rick Nash with another multi million dollar contract game
8 million dollar player right there. I notice him EVERY GAME.

And then I shout at him to take his lazy ass back to Columbus.

No team will win a cup relying on Rick Nash. You could take that son of a ***** camping and he still wouldn't know where to sleep, because the concept of "in tents" is foreign to him.

(this bad pun brought to you by "Serously, he's a 7.8 million dollar detremient to his line")

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNYR View Post
Because the Isles played a terrible free falling Vancouver team.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Chimp

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
thewaitingisover

I'm so sick of Nash

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Turning on Staal over a bad game is ridiculous. He hasn't been our best dman this season - that's an exaggeration born of trying to defend him from those dumping on him - but he's been quite excellent for much of the year. Staal had a bad game. It happens. The whole team sucked terribly so singling him out really isn't worth a damn. Hank played well.

I really don't like our team anymore. I don't mean I don't like the Rangers, I mean, I don't like this group (with obvious exceptions). For example, as a Rangers fan, I have an interest in virtually all 29 other teams and like them all various amounts. Certain teams I really dislike, or find boring and somewhat pathetic and poorly constructed. If I was a fan of a different team, this Rangers group would be in that category. We have no identity. We're just a hit or miss, patchwork quilt of a team with no real direction. We have better talent than our results typically show and we're under achiever who tend to turn in underwhelming efforts. I find this group very difficult to cheer for, in relation to the past 6+ years or so. Obviously it's no dark ages, but this group just really doesn't inspire much in me as a Rangers fan. Outside of McD and Zucc, G more often than not, and Hank because he's Hank, I'm not really very proud of my team this year. The effort tonight is just a perfect example of that. Totally beatable team with very important points on the line and we look like we were out drinking all night and can't wait to get back to the party after the game. What an inconvenience it must have been to have to play hockey today. Really disappointing.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thepoeticgoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRusselCrowin4u View Post

Not to take away from Lundqvist. He's certainly not the reason we lost, but that "chance to win every night" he's famous for providing seems to be a slimmer chance than when my man with the undeniably BEST goalie mask is in net, at least right now.

I just feel more confident with him in net, and I think the team feels the same. Like, not only does he keep us in it, but our boys seem to persevere much better, and keep trying to push when we're trailing instead of looking like they've given up.

Bench Pouliot, he comes back flying. Same with Zucc early in the season. Hank looks frustrated, pounding the ice after the last few GA. I don't know that AV's belief is continuing to play Hank is the best way to keep him in/return him to form, but it seems that way, despite being shown that sometimes a game off is exactly what a player needs to push him to the next level.
Yeah, totally agree. It's not like Hank has been playing stellar side January except for the first two games after the Olympics. His last 3 games has been horrible. Allowed 5 goals, got a SO and was by a landslide our best player tonight.

Talbot's been amazing and I agree our D generally seem to tighten up when he's in net, but you choose a really weird time to call for AV to drop Hank.

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
Something is going on. The guys looked especially distracted. Maybe locker room problems? I'm just speculating.
Doubt that.

They wouldn't have played like they did against Detroit.

To me, they looked frustrated with the inability to be able to control the puck. Unfortunately, this team doesn't have enough grit to play a dump and chase style. The Hurricanes seemed to be getting a bit lucky with some of the bounces and the Rangers were chasing it all night.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Nosferatos

Negatives first:
Again our "#1 line" did not show up too play, looked like a crapy 4th line. Beaver have sucked all the talent out off msl and now that line is crap. Staal and Strall were brutal.

On the up side:
Hank's getting better for each game and is returning to his pre-Sotchi form. Our two other D-pairings did their job, Klein get's a plus for a goal. Our "3rd line" played the best yet again, and the 4th is solid and does it's job.

3 ranger stars:
1. Hank
2. Zucc
3. Klein

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRusselCrowin4u View Post

I don't think you watched the same game everyone else did. Hank seemed like the only ranger on the ice most of the night. Pouliot played a decent game too. Nothing worth benching him for at all.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

Staal played badly tonight but its not like his teammates played any better only scoring one goal.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Lundqvist was the only one who came to play. He gave the team a chance to get back in it multiple times, the team didn't rise to the ocassion.

Scratch that, Lundqvist wasn't the only one. MZA played a solid game too, and Klein was not only a rock defensively, but pitched in offensively. Lundqvist, Zucc, and Klein were the only players who came to play.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote