HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tue., Mar. 11, 2014| Devils 2 at Flyers 1

Old
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
With our current fan base we will never have a franchise goalie. Pelle would not have made it to the 84-85 season. Could support this with many facts but won't waste the time. Because, even though you will object, in your said little hate filled hearts you know it's true.
Go ahead and support your argument...I'm just dying to hear it.

46zone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Swic21

What are the playoffs chances now? Gonna be tough with the coming schedule but in the metro, comparing rosters, how the hell are we not a playoff team? If we miss the playoffs something big needs to happen. Front office complete changes.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
Mason should've had that 2nd goal
The defense should not have allowed that pass to get to Jagr, or for Jagr to get his stick on the puck uncontested standing right next to the goalie.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It was an exact replica of the Sami Kapanen goal in the playoffs in 2008. What was the difference then? Incidental contact doesn't negate a goal, especially when the defending team initiates the contact.
A goal from six years ago doesn't relate to any other goal. Sometimes it's called one way, sometimes the other way but the point is that the no-goal tonight is borderline both ways at best for us and it's not the reason (or only reason) for losing. 0/6, lost to a 42 year old goalie with a .901 save percentage, one goal scored, no forwards have scored in the last two games, etc.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Harold Bingo
what

I'm not going to defend Mason here, but the running around in the defensive zone is maddening. And you look at the forwards out on the ice during these times it's the usual suspects, B. Schenn, Vinny, and Simmonds.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
With our current fan base we will never have a franchise goalie. Pelle would not have made it to the 84-85 season. Could support this with many facts but won't waste the time. Because, even though you will object, in your said little hate filled hearts you know it's true.
By all means, please explain this with your stone cold facts. We have all the time in the world.

Although I have a feeling you won't have much of a factually based argument.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Well, for one, Schenn's line was out to lunch defensively and both goals were a direct result of them getting manhandled in their own zone. This has been a recurring theme with that line. Mason should have had that one, that's for sure, but earlier in the shift they had an opportunity to clear the puck and failed miserably. Mason also came up with a few key saves in the first period. No blame to the PP? 0 for 6? They looked hideout outside of the first attempt.
PP sucked, I said in GDT, Berube takes full blame for nit keeping the garbage second line away from Jagr. With all that being said, we could of EASILY stole a HUGE point, and Mason let in an absolute stinker. He had the chance to get a point, and he failed miserably. 4 mill goalies need to steal the odd game when team struggles, he isn't doing that.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 27411
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Mind-numbingly boring and painfully predictable. I hate playing this team, they're anti-hockey.
I agree, at least the Leaf game was fun and exciting to watch

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Swic21

I am surprisingly calm even tho that was such a big game. I fully expect the boys to take both games from Pitt this weekend. What better to break a mini slump than gucking Pittsburgh. We WILL win both games against Pitt and make Malkin look stupid doing it. Pittsburgh knows we are bringing it. Let's go get our ****ing points!

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
I am surprisingly calm even tho that was such a big game. I gully expect the boys to take both games from Pitt this weekend. What better to break a mini slump than gucking Pittsburgh. We WILL win both games against Pitt and make Malkin look stupid doing it. Pittsburgh knows we are bringing it. Let's go get our ****ing points!
Get out of here with your optimism!!!

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:03 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
A goal from six years ago doesn't relate to any other goal. Sometimes it's called one way, sometimes the other way but the point is that the no-goal tonight is borderline both ways at best for us and it's not the reason (or only reason) for losing. 0/6, lost to a 42 year old goalie with a .901 save percentage, one goal scored, no forwards have scored in the last two games, etc.
Yeah, and if Grossmann doesn't get lucky they lose 2-0. I fail to see how all those other factors make a difference when looking at this call.

So that's acceptable now? The same exact play can have two different outcomes. To me, that just shows how much of a joke NHL officiating really is.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
PP sucked, I said in GDT, Berube takes full blame for nit keeping the garbage second line away from Jagr. With all that being said, we could of EASILY stole a HUGE point, and Mason let in an absolute stinker. He had the chance to get a point, and he failed miserably. 4 mill goalies need to steal the odd game when team struggles, he isn't doing that.
No matter how much money a goalie makes, and Mason makes $1.5 million, if the defense lets one of the greatest goal scorers of all time get the puck two feet from the net don't act surprised if the puck manages to squeeze in.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Wiqkid*

Why on earth did we let Jagr go if we just replaced him with Lecavalier. This team would be alot better with Jagr. And why on earth does Berube refuse to change up the lines, especially the 2nd.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

For what it's worth, even Berube isn't mad about the no-goal. Said the no-goal call was "50/50" and that it wasn't the reason they lost.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

All I know is I'm looking at the remaining schedule... and we have a lot of good teams to play. Albeit at home, still not feeling too confident at this moment in time.

Penguins x3, Blues x2, Bruins x2, Kings, Leafs, Blue jackets, Rangers, Lightning, and hell, even the stars who's speed give us fits.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:06 PM
SuchySays

Voracek is so mad. lol

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:06 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
It was an exact replica of the Sami Kapanen goal in the playoffs in 2008. What was the difference then? Incidental contact doesn't negate a goal, especially when the defending team initiates the contact.
Incidental contact does negate a goal if it happens inside the crease.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
I am surprisingly calm even tho that was such a big game. I fully expect the boys to take both games from Pitt this weekend. What better to break a mini slump than gucking Pittsburgh. We WILL win both games against Pitt and make Malkin look stupid doing it. Pittsburgh knows we are bringing it. Let's go get our ****ing points!
I could actually see it because I doubt the Flyers will have a hard time getting up for both games but I'm still not really optimistic with what comes after those games on the schedule considering these past two games were ripe for 4 points.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:08 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
No matter how much money a goalie makes, and Mason makes $1.5 million, if the defense lets one of the greatest goal scorers of all time get the puck two feet from the net don't act surprised if the puck manages to squeeze in.
Ok, Jagr scores a ton so every shot will go in. It was garbage, plain and simple and cost us a point. Guess we should of just scored 3 goals as we always light up the. Devils, that sounds easier then expecting our goalie to makes saves I have seen my 8 yr old niece make.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid1 View Post
Why on earth did we let Jagr go if we just replaced him with Lecavalier. This team would be alot better with Jagr. And why on earth does Berube refuse to change up the lines, especially the 2nd.
The problem with a line shakeup is that the end result is Lecavalier is still on one of the lines.

46zone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SAINDON

Voracek blasting the F bomb in the post game interview.

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Lecavalier-Schenn-Simmonds has to be broken up. That is a brutal line. And a brutal signing.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
And here's something I've wondered for a while, why doesn't the first PP unit stay out there the whole 2 minutes? Is this practical? Do players get too worn out? While the second unit has their moments (though few and far between), they have such a hard time even getting set up that it usually kills the rest of the PP.
Not really practical. The only reason Ovechkin can do it is because he expels literally no effort the whole two minutes other than taking a slap shot or two.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Incidental contact doesn't negate a goal,
Yes it does.

Quote:
especially when the defending team initiates the contact.
Only when contact happens outside the crease:

Quote:
Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SAINDON

Pens
Pens
Blackhawks
Stars
Blues

That's our next 5 games.

SAINDON is offline   Reply With Quote