HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Greater PHX Area and Arena Info

Old
02-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
I live at Baseline and the 101 and if I leave at 6pm, I'll be in my seat when the puck drops!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
TJinAZ

Heh

Representin the 85042 yea yeaaaa.

Southside muthaFaquas....

Talk about the good mixing the bad come to the Baseline corridor.

Here it is block by block. I have multimillion dollar custom homes up the street and complete hood with 3 miles.

Between 40th and 7th street is nice the rest is ghetto fabulous.

Then we have Awatukee...

I can be in my seat at Jobing within an hour of leaving my house or downtown or at the airport within 15min.

TJinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Coyotes1934

Regarding the East vs. West "issue"- I was born here almost 34 years ago... for me the west side of Phoenix was the older part of town with all the dirty industrial places, and Paradise Valley where I lived was the newer area. So maybe that just stuck in people's minds over the years. I think a lot of the West folks are a little too sensitive when it comes to this subject and try to make more of it than it is.

Coyotes1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:09 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Are you riding your bike from downtown to the arena? 90 minutes? I work downtown and live in North Scottsdale (Pinnacle Peak and Scottsdale Road). I can make it from the middle of downtown to the arena in 30 minutes and from downtown to home in 45 minutes at the absolute most. I realize traffic here is much worse than it use to be but go to Atlanta or LA and tell me it is bad here compared to their cities. I do agree the public transit is rotten (and non-existant), part of that might be because the city is so spread out. It'll be 30 years before the light rail project makes it this far north.
I work north of the Biltmore (Lincoln / 24th St). Getting to the I10 alone is a 30 minute ordeal during traffic hours.

I'm not making this **** up. I had to go to the Job around 5 for the hockey clinic the other day, it took me exactly 90 minutes, and there was no crash or closed lanes. I was about to lose my mind.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky View Post
I work north of the Biltmore (Lincoln / 24th St). Getting to the I10 alone is a 30 minute ordeal during traffic hours.

I'm not making this **** up. I had to go to the Job around 5 for the hockey clinic the other day, it took me exactly 90 minutes, and there was no crash or closed lanes. I was about to lose my mind.
I believe you totally. I work McDowell & Central. Leave around 5:30 ish straight down 7th ave to Dunlap and accoss to 83rd to the Job. always takes at least 50 minutes. I know its a back track but Dunlap is very rarely crowded and 7th opens up big time just after Glendale for a pretty smooth ride. Doing any other streets like Glendale, McD or Northern is simply priming your self to become a homicidal road rage maniac.

Lived in So Cal for a very long time. More than 60 miles from Staples Center. My lawn grew faster than traffic moved on the freeway system there. 2.5 to 3 hours minimum to get to a game no matter what time of day you travelled... Phoenix to Glendale is a breeze compared to THAT.

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:02 PM
howlincoyote2k1

The 10 isn't *too* bad once you get west of about 43rd or 51st avenue. The one time I went to the arena and it took me two hours, there was an accident involving a big rig at 35th avenue...so that had traffic backed up for miles, well onto the 202. I felt like shooting someone, it was that bad.

Normally, if I get the chance, I leave extra-extra-extra early for the games; like around 3 or so, so I can get through downtown without much of an issue. Once I make it to the west side, I'll just kick it somewhere until 5:30 when the doors open up.

howlincoyote2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
hab

I live in Toronto and the first time I went to the States was to visit a friend in Texas, and I remember going to a wal-mart and there was a lizard just hanging off the wall near the front door, and people really not seeming to care or notice the thing... very strange for a Canadian

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
I live in Toronto and the first time I went to the States was to visit a friend in Texas, and I remember going to a wal-mart and there was a lizard just hanging off the wall near the front door, and people really not seeming to care or notice the thing... very strange for a Canadian
Probably a gecko? Do they have them in Texas?

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:41 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
Lots of lizards and geckos. They eat all sorts of bugs and if you have one in your yard you count yourself lucky. They can get pretty big too. The only one you have to watch out for is the Gila Monster.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why in the world would anyone want to move to Florida? There is no place in this country I would rather live less than Florida.

Last edited by rt: 02-20-2007 at 02:49 PM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 02:39 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why in the world would anyone want to move toFlorida? There is no place in this country I would rather live less than Florida.
While not one of my top choices, there are many others places I would rather not live than florida.

For example, North Dakota.

YotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan View Post
While not one of my top choices, there are many others places I would rather not live than florida.

For example, North Dakota.
You are crazy. I'll take NoDak every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. We are talking about FLORIDA for Christ's sake. If you putting sinking Florida into the ocean on a ballot, I would vote for it.

Old
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
You are crazy. I'll take NoDak every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. We are talking about FLORIDA for Christ's sake. If you putting sinking Florida into the ocean on a ballot, I would vote for it.
Come on man. ND over FLA. While Florida is not that key, I'd still rather be there than in ND. Sun and Palm trees, come on it's like AZ with humidity and water.

Last edited by dafranchz: 02-20-2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: inappropiate comment
Old
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Come on man. ND over FLA. While Florida is not that key, I'd still rather be there than in ND. Sun, Palm trees, illegal immigrants, come on it's like AZ with humidity and water.
No, it's nothing like Arizona. I'm not talking about the landscape or the weather. I don't know how much time you've spent there, but I'm guessing not much.

Old
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
No, it's nothing like Arizona. I'm not talking about the landscape or the weather. I don't know how much time you've spent there, but I'm guessing not much.
What parts? It's a big state. I've been to Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and the surrounding area.

Old
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
PhoPhan

What's the problem with Florida? There are a lot of really nice parts.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
What's the problem with Florida? There are a lot of really nice parts.
Yeah, what's the deal? I've lived here my whole life.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
kootenayfan

Spotted this thread on the main board, my wife was born and raised in Phoenix..I

have been there several times with her, nice city..a liitle too hot tho in the

summer...i really liked Flagstaff, it reminds me alot of here in south eastern

BC...were hoping to someday buy a bit of property down that way, someplace quiet

and out of the way..any places like that left?

kootenayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenayfan View Post
...were hoping to someday buy a bit of property down that way, someplace quiet

and out of the way..any places like that left?
Oh yeah. Tons.

Old
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
What parts? It's a big state. I've been to Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and the surrounding area.
Oh jesus. Those are some of the worst parts.

Old
02-20-2007, 07:05 PM
PhoPhan

What is your gripe with Florida, exactly? I hate to play the majority testimonial card, but there's a reason it's such a popular destination for retirements and vacations.

Old
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
What is your gripe with Florida, exactly? I hate to play the majority testimonial card, but there's a reason it's such a popular destination for retirements and vacations.
I was miserable there. Sure, it's nice out and so on but the humidity kills. I don't miss it one bit. I mean that and its one of the poorest cities (Miami) in the country. I guess I didn't see any of the "nice" parts of Florida. If they even exist. Though my sister lives there in Vero Beach and says its great.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
I was miserable there. Sure, it's nice out and so on but the humidity kills. I don't miss it one bit. I mean that and its one of the poorest cities (Miami) in the country. I guess I didn't see any of the "nice" parts of Florida. If they even exist. Though my sister lives there in Vero Beach and says its great.
Yeah, Miami the tourist trap sucks hardcore but the burbs aren't bad and yes vero is very nice.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
PhoPhan

Florida is like any state, in that it has bad parts and good parts. Since it's in the deep south, the bad parts can be really bad, but since it's a gorgeous state, the good parts are really good. The touristy parts and the hick parts aren't so great, but Florida definitely has some nice places.

Old
02-21-2007, 09:00 AM
taylorguitars

Quote:
Oh jesus. Those are some of the worst parts.
Tampa is probably the best part of Florida next to South Beach. It has one of the highest populations in the state of people under 50, there is a ton to do, it's a beautiful city. If it wasn't for the 70% humidity and 90+ temps I'd move to Tampa in a heartbeat. The rest of the state I agree with you on, I'd rather live just about anywhere than Florida.

taylorguitars is offline   Reply With Quote