HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canes - 3/11/14

View Poll Results: 3 stars
Marc Staal 11 32.35%
Rongos pls 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2014, 11:03 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Oh no we suck again.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

I like that AV is consistent with his lines (unlike Torts, who tried every combination), but he NEEDS to switch up the lines. NEEDS to. The offense has struggled mightily since the Olympic break and it's in dire need of a switch-up.

And put Staal with Girardi and McDonagh with Klein and Stralman with Moore

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:18 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
I'm not sure why the lines haven't been shaken up at all. The Kreider-Stepan-Nash line hasn't looked good all season. Try Hags back in that line. That was our best line last year. Give it another shot.
Line is terribly constructed, no chemistry whatsoever. Stepan is too slow, Nash tries to do everything himself (and usually turns the puck over), Kreider can be great but his game is too limited at this point in his career.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

...Thinking if I should private message one of AV's hot daughters and tell her to tell her pere to SWTICH UP THE DAMN LINES.

Kidding

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:21 PM
ajdj10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Oh no we suck again.
Least we're in our comfort zone now.

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:25 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Well Sather is the moron that thought this team has enough grit and size for the playoffs... he will be mistaken. what was the last small soft team to win the Red Wings, and they had guys like McCarty Maltby Holmstrom and Draper. Rangers wish they had players like that
But hey it's great he traded away even more pics for a guy that probably is gonna get us just as far as keeping Callahan here for rest of year would have. Then again he would have Been in charge of selecting players with those picks so what does it matter.

bl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 11:38 PM
nyrleetch

What was that tonight? Terrible game all around outside of the usual suspects. (Lundqvist,Zuccarello)

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
17 of his 45 points came from the pp
and Zucc has 15 of his 45 on the PP. Zucc and Richie are the biggest reasons why the PP has turned around.

But don't use it as a knock. Richie has 2 more PP points than Zucc. Very similar break up of their points.

AV NEEDS to switch LWs on the first two lines. Hags-Step-Nash and Kreider-Richards-MSL.

Hags will dig the puck out and pass to Stepan who sets up Nash. Then Kreider who has a good shot can benefit from MSL and Richards who always look to pass first.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Sticky Fingers

Good: Zucc, MCD, Girardi
Bad: Stralman&Staal along with Step-Nash-Kreider

Not only did 1st line not create **** offensively, they were real sloppy on two of the goals. But well, those games happens...

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 03:49 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Not a good game at all. That's okay. Nobody seemed to care. Given the position we're in, that's not okay.

Now, on St. Louis. I will not make any judgement about the player or the trade until 15-20 games into next season. Nucks fans were telling us it would take more time to adjust to AVs seemingly complicated system. Also, the guy just changed places after playing in one place in the south for what, 15 years? Maybe he needs some time to get into the groove in the big city. I'll be very patient with him.

On Nash. I'm starting to get angry at the guy. Leading goal scorer or not, with that size, talent and contract he should be out there making a difference every game, not show up when he feels like it. I'm usually a very calm guy in front of the screen, I facepalm and shake my head when something goes wrong, since there's no reason to yell at the TV. But with Nash, there's something that upsets me. I find myself yelling "pass the puck you idiot, this is a team game" or "shoot it, you have a lane you doofus, you don't have to carry the puck into the net" at least twice every game. Guy has all the talent in the world, but he just strikes me as an incredibly stupid player.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:07 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Yeah nobody should be disappointed with St. Louis. We all hoped he'd come out like a man possessed but let's think about it for a second. He had played for the same team for 14 years. He just went through much turmoil and demanded a trade. He has to get used to new team mates and the system and such. He's still in the feeling out stage. Plus I'm sure he's putting pressure on himself. I think in the next few games we're going to see a dominating performance from him and from there everything will be gravy.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:42 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
they also can use some grit emotion and size.. in the playoffs you think anyone is scared of Dorsett or whenever Zuccarello acts tough or Brian Boyle
lol... just lol.

Can't go a game without hearing this tripe. Keep saying it anyway.

03-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Yeah the guy who brings that was thrown overboard off the ship. *
* After he turned down 36 million dollars.

Poor Callahan, so innocent, he didn't deserve such horrible treatment.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 05:57 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

This group is too inconsistent and doesn't have enough physicality or youth to wake them up at times.

Kreider is a rookie, can't do it by himself. Nash and Stepan look like they're going to turn a corner and don't. Richards really hasn't been that good this year. His best years are over.

Third line is what it is which is pretty good but streaky, and WHY does AV have to tinker with the fourth line again? Dorsett is too far behind everyone now in where he is. Leave Carcillo in, the team is better with him in the lineup.

This team probably makes the playoffs and does the annual "Second Round Rangers" thing but if they miss, then we know this group is what it is which is not very good.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Where is Brad Richards?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Canes fan coming in peace.

The Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello line generated 7 of your guys' 12 even strength scoring chances, which is rather staggering. That's such a good 3rd line. Must be nice to have that kind of depth

IMO, the only player who showed up from your top six was Kreider. He had a few really nice controlled zone entries and utilized his speed well. Stepan and Nash were invisible as has been said. McDonagh and Girardi were great as usual. Hank was really sharp. For whatever reason, the Jordan line for us seems to match up against Marc and Stralman really well. Carried possession in that matchup the last two games.

Hopefully MSL will get clicking with Richards for you guys. Really enjoy watching the Rangers most nights. Good luck in the postseason

Edit: Not sure if you guys had picked up on this, but all three Staals are related. Pretty cool.

Chicago Made Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:53 AM
bubba5

Did MST play? Just checking.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:54 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Made Punk View Post
Edit: Not sure if you guys had picked up on this, but all three Staals are related. Pretty cool.
I heard Sam Rosen mention this last night for the first time and I was like NO WAY. That was pretty much a revelation to me. They don't look anything alike. Weird how distinct members of one and the same family can look.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where is Brad Richards?
Still trying to cross the red line

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Made Punk View Post
Canes fan coming in peace.

The Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello line generated 7 of your guys' 12 even strength scoring chances, which is rather staggering. That's such a good 3rd line. Must be nice to have that kind of depth

IMO, the only player who showed up from your top six was Kreider. He had a few really nice controlled zone entries and utilized his speed well. Stepan and Nash were invisible as has been said. McDonagh and Girardi were great as usual. Hank was really sharp. For whatever reason, the Jordan line for us seems to match up against Marc and Stralman really well. Carried possession in that matchup the last two games.

Hopefully MSL will get clicking with Richards for you guys. Really enjoy watching the Rangers most nights. Good luck in the postseason

You even have a 4th, Jared.

03-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Look here's the problem with the team. Their top 2 centers are too slow. The Rangers can't transition as fast as they want because Richards and Stepan are too slow to distribute the puck. Notice that with Stepan, when he's stood up in the neutral zone he dumps it every time and the Rangers never retrieve it back. Richards needs to be bought out. And I would trade Stepan for an equally young but faster center. Either way next year their center depth will be bad, and that's including Miller. A top 3 of Stepan Brassard and Miller won't cut it and adding Stastny won't be enough of an upgrade, not for the cap hit he's going to be. And that's just the centers I'm talking about. At wing Nash and MSL are our only constant threats. Kreider can be, but he's not there yet in his development. Zuke has been a surprise but can his body hold up? Too small, too weak, not enough skill on the team.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:24 AM
TBLightning24
Yeah Jeets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
This group is too inconsistent and doesn't have enough physicality or youth to wake them up at times.

Kreider is a rookie, can't do it by himself. Nash and Stepan look like they're going to turn a corner and don't. Richards really hasn't been that good this year. His best years are over.

Third line is what it is which is pretty good but streaky, and WHY does AV have to tinker with the fourth line again? Dorsett is too far behind everyone now in where he is. Leave Carcillo in, the team is better with him in the lineup.

This team probably makes the playoffs and does the annual "Second Round Rangers" thing but if they miss, then we know this group is what it is which is not very good.
This was against a team that was ripe to be beaten, and the score would of been much worse if this was against say Boston or Pittsburgh.

you can't put this on Dorsett he actually played a solid game, the top line was dreadful, so was the Richards line. The best line was actually Zuccs line. That 2 on 0 breakaway was on Kreider who did not cover the zone.

TBLightning24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Pou-Brass-Zucc line is the only line worth a damn now...Klein will be moving up to 2nd pair soon...Strals has been terrible...how about somebody throw a body check...softer than my dogs stool...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:30 AM
DudMan28

Look out! The sky is falling!

The Canes were bound to beat us eventually. Lackluster effort from our guys who had a tough time getting into a groove. Cant win em all though. On to the next one.

DudMan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:38 AM
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

Meanwhile on the Philly board...complete panic

someone stole hank is offline   Reply With Quote