HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[MIN/BUF] Moulson and McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell+2 2nd Round Picks

Old
03-07-2014, 09:27 AM
CaptPantalones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
They had local connections, and wanted to go to a team that's close to being a contender.

I don't see Moulson returning to Buffalo, but I'm not as familiar with him as some on the boards. I really think GMCF will sign him to some type of deal instead of letting him walk this summer. He did give up some value to get him.
Moulson spoke glowingly about the direction of the team, playing for Nolan, the organization and how he enjoyed playing so close to home.

He admitted to not having any concrete negotiations with GMTM but he said he was reached out to in the days leading up.

I think given the money, the sabres will make some attempt to try and bring him or Steve Ott back in UFA. But moulson may directly tie into whether Nolan stays on beyond this season

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
I don't really understand why a 30 year old Free agent would sign with a team in the early stages of a rebuild.
With the talk of salary cap not going up as high as previously planned. It may only go to %68M instead of $72M..that will limit teams on what they can sign as UFAs.

Its a trade off if a player wants to go and win a cup with a team on a short contract or sign with a poorer team who could pay him more term and money per.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennisthemenace View Post
because we will be in a position to severely overpay for his services to reach the cap floor
Buffalo actually wont need to do that much to reach the cap floor next year. 2015/2016 is the bigger concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I don't see Moulson returning to Buffalo, but I'm not as familiar with him as some on the boards. I really think GMCF will sign him to some type of deal instead of letting him walk this summer. He did give up some value to get him.
Sure Minnesota could resign him. If they have their heart on Vanek then they could lose him. If Moulson gets to UFA Buffalo and the Islanders have a decent shot at resigning him.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

If he keeps his PPG pace i think we'll see a Chuck Fletcher giving him a good offer. Finding wingers that are both skilled AND have chemestry with Koivu isnt very common.

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2014, 08:33 PM
ZeroPT
#23 Futurum

vCash: 450
How has he been doing?

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Djp