HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Going Gold With Legends Night Jerseys Next Season

Old
03-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500

03-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Still waiting for the Chevy logo revival

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:47 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Can't wait for the chance to see all the Kings jersey's worn throughout their history out on the ice. It may be a chance again for some of us to finally or once again get the Burger King Jersey. So many of us oldies hated it. But now it seems nostalgic and quaint. I wish I had kept mine.

Last edited by 2-4 Slashin: 03-12-2014 at 05:15 PM.
2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:49 PM
tsanuri

Great so just as the Forum blues start to show up some they are going to change so we can't get an authentic third jersey again.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:54 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Ha love it. Looking forward to seeing us in all that gold. It's going to be glorious.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Just as long as the gold pants stay away

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The title got my hopes up. Thought that we were changing back to purple and gold completely even though that wouldn't make sense now.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 05:19 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The title got my hopes up. Thought that we were changing back to purple and gold completely even though that wouldn't make sense now.
I think the kids would hate it if the old colors became the regular jersey. Black is more menacing. At least when I wore the old Chevy logo it felt that way. But old me now likes the nostalgia. Now I know what I'm spending my tax returns on in 2016-2017.

Old
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Is it appropriate to wear a Granato 21 on a team jersey he did not sport while on the team? Ive seen a few Deader, Blake, Dionne's on the newer jerseys. I guess there is no Faux Pais in hockey wear.

Old
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
mbar

I don't mind these Gold uniforms at all but I'm pretty upset that it means the end of the Forum blue uniforms. I absolutely love them and was hoping we'd see more of them not less.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sorry I can see where it might be a little unclear. Tried to emphasize it would be legends nights only.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
I don't mind these Gold uniforms at all but I'm pretty upset that it means the end of the Forum blue uniforms. I absolutely love them and was hoping we'd see more of them not less.
Yeah it's a little bittersweet for that reason. I love the Forum Blue set.

03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

I thought the Forum Blue was going to become the official third.....
Makes me want to plan a trip next year just to see them in person.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:31 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-4 Slashin View Post
Is it appropriate to wear a Granato 21 on a team jersey he did not sport while on the team? Ive seen a few Deader, Blake, Dionne's on the newer jerseys. I guess there is no Faux Pais in hockey wear.
I think it looks totally ridiculous to have an old player's name on a new jersey or a current player on one of the old jerseys. Personal opinion.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:32 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Awesome! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I think it looks totally ridiculous to have an old player's name on a new jersey or a current player on one of the old jerseys. Personal opinion.
I agree with the first part of your sentence because it's just too strange to see a players name and number from the past on a jersey that wasn't in his era...but keep in mind that the second part is doable since the current players all wear legends unis; IMO that makes it legit.

Old
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

YES! Yes yes yes!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
I thought the Forum Blue was going to become the official third.....
Makes me want to plan a trip next year just to see them in person.
Maybe the forum blue will be the official third and the gold will be just for legends night. We would have an amazing set of jerseys if that's the case.

Love this quote from Luc in the LKI article:
Quote:
Though it’s several years away, ideas are being proposed about ways to commemorate the 2016-17 season, the team’s 50th in the National Hockey League. An idea Robitaille shared would be to use multiple jerseys from the team’s history, similar to what the Montreal Canadiens did in 2008-09 and 2009-10.

“I’d love to find a way to bring back probably not every one of our jerseys, but a bunch of them,” he said. “Montreal did a great job with their 100th year anniversary. For us, it’s our 50th coming, so we’d love to do something where we’re able to bring at least one jersey from each era, and play one or two games within that year. We think it’s going to be pretty special.”
Can't wait!

Old
03-12-2014, 07:56 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I agree with the first part of your sentence because it's just too strange to see a players name and number from the past on a jersey that wasn't in his era...but keep in mind that the second part is doable since the current players all wear legends unis; IMO that makes it legit.
Only if it is a Reebok jersey worn on Legends Night. People with Kopitar on an '86 gold jersey look like idiots. Any current player on a Chevy logo jersey looks dumb as well, unless Brown was on the team for Gretzky's retirment ceremony night since they wore the white Chevy's for that game.

If you want an old jersey with a name on it, well, educate yourself on players from the past and take the plunge. If you like the new jerseys and want one with a name on it, pick someone who has actually worn that jersey.

I've got a gold Baumgartner jersey but I was not watching him drop the gloves in the gold sweaters. The place where I buy my jerseys has the 80s road sweaters now and I'm looking in to a Wells or a Kennedy. I primarily know of these guys from my fight tapes and from reading stories. I just think it is lame to put a player's name on a sweater they never wore.

Makes those who wear them look uneducated on the history of the franchise.

Old
03-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Only if it is a Reebok jersey worn on Legends Night. People with Kopitar on an '86 gold jersey look like idiots.

Makes those who wear them look uneducated on the history of the franchise.
If we do indeed incorporate the forum blue as our third next season, then coupling that with at least 3 legends nights you are probably looking at around 12 to 15 games played in throwback sweaters. That is a significant number and would probably render your argument a moot point.

I don't think fans who wear throwbacks with current players on them are uneducated. Keep in mind the jerseys are not cheap. I believe most have been around a while, at least enough to know when players played in the history of the team. They probably just have a preference as to the uni itself.

What makes me cringe is seeing a fan in an obvious knock-off jersey. When I see those folks I just want to slap them. When I see someone in a knock off my mind just screams "cheap!"

Old
03-12-2014, 08:24 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
If we do indeed incorporate the forum blue as our third next season, then coupling that with at least 3 legends nights you are probably looking at around 12 to 15 games played in throwback sweaters. That is a significant number and would probably render your argument a moot point.

I don't think fans who wear throwbacks with current players on them are uneducated. Keep in mind the jerseys are not cheap. I believe most have been around a while, at least enough to know when players played in the history of the team. They probably just have a preference as to the uni itself.

What makes me cringe is seeing a fan in an obvious knock-off jersey. When I see those folks I just want to slap them. When I see someone in a knock off my mind just screams "cheap!"
Agree to disagree then on your first paragraph. The "forum blue" jerseys they wear now are specific to the present: I do not consider them to be the "old" jerseys because they are not the old jerseys but rather a current rendition with the same color scheme.

Have no problem with anyone wearing current players on the current Legend Night jerseys since they actually do wear them. I'm a little anal regarding this stuff so I wouldn't get a Pearson one if he hasn't actually worn one in a game yet, but I understand that may be pushing it.

I know the jerseys aren't cheap; it's actually a big reason why I find them to look like idiots when the names are on jerseys that particular player never wore. While it doesn't automatically denote a lack of knowledge about the Kings, those that I see at Staples with jerseys such as these are generally younger (Young 20s and below) so I've gone ahead and made the conclusion. I've seen Kopitar jerseys available online in both the Chevy logo and 80s sweaters. I have no doubt they are purchased because the buyer prefers that sweater and/or thinks it looks cool, but I also have a strong feeling that they don't know much about the players that actually wore those jerseys.

I'm a ****ing elitist. No big deal

Of course, as I said in my first post, it's just my personal opinion.

Old
03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
I am fairly confident that we are going with the forum blues as our alternates next season. Damn, I'd love to pick up the forum blues and the gold retro jerseys next year.. But it's hard to get the legends night uniforms in Reebok.. Have no desire to get the CCM deep v-neck versus the new edge style.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:06 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo W View Post
I am fairly confident that we are going with the forum blues as our alternates next season. Damn, I'd love to pick up the forum blues and the gold retro jerseys next year.. But it's hard to get the legends night uniforms in Reebok.. Have no desire to get the CCM deep v-neck versus the new edge style.
Well if you have $375 you can pick one up right now on ebay. No small chunk of change though. Jerseybaron is a reputable seller as far as I know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-...item8969dbd0e4

Old
03-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Butch 19
King me

Awesome!!!! ... yet also bittersweet:

- this combo needs the yellow pants

- do not like that "RBK" will be seen (anywhere!) on this jersey

- for old times sake, half the team should play without helmets. Can we get a Gene Carr or Don Kozak with the crazy hair flying all over the place? And maybe a little Whitey Widing while we're at it?

But of course, overall, a great move by the Kings!!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Awesome!!!! ... yet also bittersweet:

- this combo needs the yellow pants

- do not like that "RBK" will be seen (anywhere!) on this jersey

- for old times sake, half the team should play without helmets. Can we get a Gene Carr or Don Kozak with the crazy hair flying all over the place? And maybe a little Whitey Widing while we're at it?

But of course, overall, a great move by the Kings!!