HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in KHL.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Goes a little heavy for Medvescak at the moment, but still on a secure 7'th spot in the West. A recent 3-1 loss to Donbass Donetsk, but 1A for Patrick Bjørkstrand playing 12 min on the 4'th line.

So 4G 9A and +0 in 41 matches.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Justinov

Patrick Bjørkstrand has in the last months been a steady 4'th line player for Medvescak and haven't really produced points as when he played 2'nd & 3'rd line. He plays around 10*min pr. game in that role.

He ended the regular season with 4G 9A in 54 matches and with a -3 and average 11.55 min playing time.
But Medvescak Zagreb has started the quarterfinal badly by losing the two first games to Lev Praha (3-4, 2-5).

Old
03-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Justinov

Medvescak Zagreb was knocked out easily (0-4 in matches) by Lev Praha.
Patrick Bjørkstrand didn't not any points in the four playoff matches was -2 and with 9 min average playing time.

Old
04-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Justinov

Nichlas Hardt changes from Jokerit to Linköbing in SHL and will not play in KHL next season.

So Patrick Bjørkstrand will likely be the only Dane there.

Old
04-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Justinov

Patrick Bjørkstrand has got a one year extension to his contract with Medvescak Zagreb, so at least 1 Dane in KHL also next year.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Bagge

Rumours has it that Regin and Philip Larsen is in negotiation with a non russian KHL club. I am affraid that I dont have any source at this point.

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 10:29 AM
danishdynamite

Interesting. Would be great for both of them!
could it be Jokerit?

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Interesting. Would be great for both of them!
could it be Jokerit?
It could very well be Jokerit, having in mind that Larsens previous history in Finland was quite good. Cant remember if Regin played in Finland during the lockout after he played in Switzerland though.

Old
04-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Justinov

I still think it's likely only very preliminary.
Regin and Larsen will probably try to see if they get a contract in NHL for next year.

If they end up with nothing, then it's good to have secondary options.
Larsen would be likely for Jokerit, since he played very well for Lukko during the lockout.

Peter Regin played in Switzerland during the lockout, but he scored that goal against Finland that they possibly remember.....

But besides Jokerit; Medvescak might be an option of KHL clubs...

Old
04-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Regin and Larsen will probably try to see if they get a contract in NHL for next year.

If they end up with nothing, then it's good to have secondary options.
Larsen would be likely for Jokerit, since he played very well for Lukko during the lockout.

Peter Regin played in Switzerland during the lockout, but he scored that goal against Finland that they possibly remember.....

But besides Jokerit; Medvescak might be an option of KHL clubs...
If they don´t want a big pay-cut, medvescak isn´t an option. Maybe one of the richer non-russian clubs. Lev Praha or Donbass, maybe Jokerit.

Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
However the question should be; will they risk not having a contract at all instead of signing with a KHL club now....they are perimeter-players, not superstars. I would take what I could get right now if I were them.

Old
04-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagge View Post
However the question should be; will they risk not having a contract at all instead of signing with a KHL club now....they are perimeter-players, not superstars. I would take what I could get right now if I were them.
True - you could also put this angle on it !
It all depends on how much each player is willing to gamble.......

If they don't get a NHL contract, they might have feelers out if someone would be interested in waiting to see....

Old
04-28-2014, 06:54 AM
Jevo

Quote:
They will be able to get a contract, no doubt. Maybe not in the NHL. But every year there are former NHL players who can't get a new contract, who gets a contract in Europe late in the summer. Last season half the NHL got contracts in Europe right after the lockout started. They will be great players in European leagues, and their talents will be sought after. If they hold out for the NHL, their options will probably be limited, and they might not be able the wage they would like. But if they want to give NHL another shot, they are probably willing to take that risk.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Bagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
They will be able to get a contract, no doubt. Maybe not in the NHL. But every year there are former NHL players who can't get a new contract, who gets a contract in Europe late in the summer. Last season half the NHL got contracts in Europe right after the lockout started. They will be great players in European leagues, and their talents will be sought after. If they hold out for the NHL, their options will probably be limited, and they might not be able the wage they would like. But if they want to give NHL another shot, they are probably willing to take that risk.
Yeah, I just meant if they were going to WCH and got injured it could ruin their chances of picking from the top shelf in Europe.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:52 AM
admire

Quote:
Yeah, I just meant if they were going to WCH and got injured it could ruin their chances of picking from the top shelf in Europe.
Or a good tournament could get them more attention from the top shelf. Depends on how you look at it.

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Ivan94

Philip Larsen to Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk

Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 12:26 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
Philip Larsen to Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk
An old mining town in the middle of nowhere, Ural.

Have been a KHL team since 2010, reached 2 Q-finals, but had a short season this year.

Hmm, odd choice.. Must have been few that wanted him?

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Paaske

Or maybe they offered him a better contract , and from danish standards its a big city

Paaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2014, 09:04 PM
robwangjing

I also think it's a bit of an odd choice, I believe that "better" teams in the KHL should have wanted him. Perhaps this team offered him better salary and a bigger role on the team.

But I'm also glad to see him in the KHL so I can watch him play, and he will also be more available for the national team.

Great.

robwangjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 04:09 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwangjing View Post
I also think it's a bit of an odd choice, I believe that "better" teams in the KHL should have wanted him. Perhaps this team offered him better salary and a bigger role on the team.

But I'm also glad to see him in the KHL so I can watch him play, and he will also be more available for the national team.

Great.
The KHL is televised in China?

Yeah, it is probably a wage thing.
Although, they have made som pretty good signings in the off-season in Rajala, Zheldakov, Filatov, Melart and now Larsen.
Maybe he was intrigued by their future strategy, in which he has been given a prominant role?

I could see this as team really pushing to be a PO contender.

Here's hoping he/they succeed.

And too paaske It's not small, it's just located in the middle of nowhere

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-29-2014 at 05:29 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 09:01 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
An old mining town in the middle of nowhere, Ural.
Huh? It's completely new oil-boom town which size more than doubled in the last 20 years. Also, that region, although it's next to the Ural mountains, isn't considered to be Ural, no Russian would understand that, it's western Siberia. Ural region is way down south (Chelyabinsk, Magnitagorsk, Omsk, etc.).

Quote:

Maybe he was intrigued by their future strategy, in which he has been given a prominant role?

It's not small, it's just located in the middle of nowhere
Oh, it is small.

However the reasons you've listed are probably absolutely correct, they gave him money, one year contract and plenty of minutes to establish himself in the league. He's obviously after a big contract next summer.

05-29-2014, 08:55 PM
robwangjing

Quote:
The KHL is televised in China?

Although, they have made som pretty good signings in the off-season in Rajala, Zheldakov, Filatov, Melart and now Larsen.

I could see this as team really pushing to be a PO contender.

Here's hoping he/they succeed.

And too paaske It's not small, it's just located in the middle of nowhere
Nope, no ice hockey is televised in China, not even the Asian league. But the KHL(or Asian league) are the most time-zone friendly leagues to watch for Asian people. Especially now when we have both Vladivostok and Amur just across the border.

I did hear some rumor/talk about KHL being broadcasted through Eurosport in HK but I don't know if it is true.

So for me KHL is #1 to follow, but my only option is internet video streams. But I hope the official KHL TV(web) will be available in English in the future(or Chinese) so I can understand better what they say. My Russian is very limited.

Sometimes I watch some recaps of NHL and other European leagues games. The DEL has a good websites to watch recaps, so I watch some Berlin games from time to time.

robwangjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 05:13 PM
admire

Going to be exciting to watch him in the khl. We always knew that he was better on big ice so the khl is probably the best option for him. He considered the Swiss league and the khl...Philip was not lacking talent in the nhl, he just wasn't as effective on the smaller ice surface and he was not physicalenough..but he actually plays great defensively on the big ice in my opinion and he has offensive skills and skating that very very few backs can match. He'll, he is a better skater than most forwards.

I understand they got added some good players but did they lose important players too?

Old
05-30-2014, 08:05 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
I understand they got added some good players but did they lose important players too?
Yes, it's pretty much a complete rebuild for them.

However, they started it very early, basically in January, so it's already clear how the team will look like, it's fully loaded. Maaaaybe they will add one more depth defenseman but I'm not too sure about that.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 05:12 PM
admire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Yes, it's pretty much a complete rebuild for them.

However, they started it very early, basically in January, so it's already clear how the team will look like, it's fully loaded. Maaaaybe they will add one more depth defenseman but I'm not too sure about that.
Sounds great. Would be awesome If you provided some updates for us next season if you get to see th. Their logo and jersey is really cool.. I had a look on the khl section and they signed other former oilers apparently...