HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
SKSK

vCash: 500
Really like Anton Karlsson aswell, lots of compete! I'm kinda suprised Kevin Fiala isn't in the top 30, only seen him in one game in the SEL but he got a lot of time on the PP and was really good.

Old
03-03-2014, 06:53 AM
nsvoyageurs

From Kyle Woodlief of Red Line Report:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...semen/5952761/

Old
03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

just went through college prospects scouting reports. So, with goaltending an issue in Hartford, do any of you guys think Summerhays is gonna be any good? Also, how about Oksanen? Could he turn into an NHL-level PMD? Apparently, he has a cannon of a shot, and we certainly could use that.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Old
03-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
just went through college prospects scouting reports. So, with goaltending an issue in Hartford, do any of you guys think Summerhays is gonna be any good? Also, how about Oksanen? Could he turn into an NHL-level PMD? Apparently, he has a cannon of a shot, and we certainly could use that.

Thanks in advance, guys.
Really like Ahti Oksanen, he'll definitely get a contract from someone.

Old
03-03-2014, 05:09 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

hearing alot of positive buzz about dman aaron irving from the oil kings.

this program develops top notch defenders and this kid has the look of another one.

solid size at 6'1 200 + and plays a solid smart defensive game. has a rocket shot.

top 60 kid for sure and rising.

Old
03-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hearing alot of positive buzz about dman aaron irving from the oil kings.

this program develops top notch defenders and this kid has the look of another one.

solid size at 6'1 200 + and plays a solid smart defensive game. has a rocket shot.

top 60 kid for sure and rising.

Hey ODC, since he's a local, what's your take on Alex Tuch?

Old
03-04-2014, 11:25 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Hey ODC, since he's a local, what's your take on Alex Tuch?
i know all about him. ive said nothing this far cause im kinda biased. obviously.

same high school as boo nieves and next door neighbor to timmy connollys parents in baldwinsville. they live near an awesome golf course called raddisson. great robert trent jones layout.

i remember when he was 15 playing for the stars junior B's. led the entire league in scoring as a 15 yr old. thats impressive. i watched alot of that yrs team and this kid with his size simply dominated the league.

as for now, hes a good looking prospect. hes huge and has nice hands. his slapper is down right scary. hes near 100 mph i would think. he has always dominated due to his size and strength. not so much any more but hes still very tall and stands out.

playing in ann arbor has helped him develop. the ntdp is high profile and hes had a ton on international exposure. playing along side sonny milano doesnt hurt either.

hes not a gifted talent kid. hes big and he has good scoring touch but hes not a top 10 type talent. skating is solid but not great. he isnt an overly physical kid.

power forward type kid with good upside is what i would say. late 1st/early 2nd kid.

Old
03-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
i know all about him. ive said nothing this far cause im kinda biased. obviously.

same high school as boo nieves and next door neighbor to timmy connollys parents in baldwinsville. they live near an awesome golf course called raddisson. great robert trent jones layout.

i remember when he was 15 playing for the stars junior B's. led the entire league in scoring as a 15 yr old. thats impressive. i watched alot of that yrs team and this kid with his size simply dominated the league.

as for now, hes a good looking prospect. hes huge and has nice hands. his slapper is down right scary. hes near 100 mph i would think. he has always dominated due to his size and strength. not so much any more but hes still very tall and stands out.

playing in ann arbor has helped him develop. the ntdp is high profile and hes had a ton on international exposure. playing along side sonny milano doesnt hurt either.

hes not a gifted talent kid. hes big and he has good scoring touch but hes not a top 10 type talent. skating is solid but not great. he isnt an overly physical kid.

power forward type kid with good upside is what i would say. late 1st/early 2nd kid.

Thanks for the scouting report.

Old
03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Jacques Strap

Might as well postpone or lock this draft thread until 2016 !!!

Old
03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...draft-ranking/

Overager. Looking to improve offense from our defense. Hes incredibly skilled offensively, but the whole Saints defense has been a catastrophe this year so he has developed some bad habits.

Old
03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
surlysailor

Brenden Van Riemdyk

I just read quick article on him do you think he'll get drafted at all? If so what round would you think he'd go in?

Old
03-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Wow. Latest ISS rankings don't have Honka in the top-30.

Only 4 defenders in the top-30. Some team will take him in the first round with defenders at such a premium.

Old
03-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Wow. Latest ISS rankings don't have Honka in the top-30.

Only 4 defenders in the top-30. Some team will take him in the first round with defenders at such a premium.
ISS had Eberle at #30 in 2008. Karlsson was at #22 with Colby Robak and Mattias Tedenby a few picks ahead of him. Kyle Beach was at #13 that year

Old
03-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
ISS had Eberle at #30 in 2008. Karlsson was at #22 with Colby Robak and Mattias Tedenby a few picks ahead of him. Kyle Beach was at #13 that year
I know it's not true indication of where they'll be taken or how successful they'll be, but at the same time, I was surprised to see him fall that far. Rarely do I completely agree with their rankings, but usually they're in the ballpark.

Old
03-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I know it's not true indication of where they'll be taken or how successful they'll be, but at the same time, I was surprised to see him fall that far. Rarely do I completely agree with their rankings, but usually they're in the ballpark.
I hear ya, just can't understand what they saw during the WJC's, even if they somehow think he's underperforming in the CHL, he still has had/having a great season.

Meh, they like to knock these kids, creates drama so to entertain

Old
03-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I hear ya, just can't understand what they saw during the WJC's, even if they somehow think he's underperforming in the CHL, he still has had a great season.
Agreed. I think he's a top-20 talent quite easily. Maybe the shallow crop of defenders is pushing him down the rankings a bit. Hopefully that puts him in our sights, assuming of course we don't end up giving our first to Tampa Bay.

Old
03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Agreed. I think he's a top-20 talent quite easily. Maybe the shallow crop of defenders is pushing him down the rankings a bit. Hopefully that puts him in our sights, assuming of course we don't end up giving our first to Tampa Bay.
Damn your eyes !

Too late.

Thinking about this years draft, anyone have a list of picks we now hold?

Old
03-14-2014, 01:19 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:

offda --

You agree with my Daze comparison? I think it's the best one that I can think of. They are such extremely similar players. It's kind of scary. He looks like a less injury prone version of Daze.

Old
03-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

We're missing our 5th, but have Florida's 5th from the Wellman deal. We also gave up our 7th for Carcillo. I think those are the only adjustments aside from our conditional 2nd in the MSL trade. The 6th we gave up for Falk was from the Jackets in the Gaborik deal, I think.

Old
03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Joey Bones

Why is Honka not in the 1st round?!! That's crazy!! He's easily top 20 and a little less than a point per game player as a defenceman. This is his first year in the CHL, no?

Old
03-14-2014, 09:02 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Watching this game makes me want one of Tuch, Larkin or Kempe.

Old
03-14-2014, 09:50 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Watching this game makes me want one of Tuch, Larkin or Kempe.
makes me want JT Miller and McIlrath on the team next year lol.

Old
03-14-2014, 10:44 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
makes me want JT Miller and McIlrath on the team next year lol.
That, too.

Old
03-15-2014, 02:17 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I think we should draft Ryan Pilon in 2015 so we can see Rich Pilon at the Garden again.

Old
03-17-2014, 05:52 AM
mac

Fiala

I would love to add some size, but if this kid is there I would pick him.

http://www.shl.se/blog/5/

Closed Thread