HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Note to Ales Hemsky...

Old
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
In the same token, we tied the game up because of him holding onto the puck and looking for the pass.

Just sayin'
Touche

Looks to be some early chemistry between Hemmer and Gilbert. Start of a great relationship?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:13 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
ive seen hemsky should stick side low/mid tons of times. of course hemsky is the enemy after setting up 2 goals with direct assists. if it wasnt for that dude setting people up this team would barely score at all - and thats saying something with how pathetic this team is at executing crisp plays.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Walsher

Hemsky has to be the strongest left-turner in the league. His "A" move is to streak down the right wing, fake a shot, and show off his superior left turning abilities. In OT he whirled around the net not once, but twice. That is why he is not the player most think he is at this point in his career. Any player with that ability needs to be able to burry that chance. Not skate around the net twice and then lose control of the puck. What a frustrating play and game. This is just like the Dallas debocle game with the last second Hemsky goal - why even bother making that comeback if you are gonna get blown away in the SO? To me it kills the momentum worse that a regulation loss.

Walsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
jcoldwell

Quote:
Anyone want to donate beer to a college student? I'm out
How can a college student be out of beer. That is a staple in any college student's fridge.

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:25 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoldwell View Post
How can a college student be out of beer. That is a staple in any college student's fridge.
Does this mean you're willing to donate? :]

I've had a few too many expensive night at bars.. it's far too easy to spend a whack of money, and that's with drinking a mickey before I go

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
jcoldwell

Quote:
Does this mean you're willing to donate? :]

I've had a few too many expensive night at bars.. it's far too easy to spend a whack of money, and that's with drinking a mickey before I go
I know what you mean. I have been out every Saturday night for the past 8 wks. Spent at least $140 every night that we have gone out. And that is after pre-drinking before we go.

3 guys living in a house, and a case a beer every weekend plus bar night Saturday night = expensive.

Here's a cold one for ya.

jcoldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Lord Stanley x 5

Send a message via MSN to Lord Stanley x 5
Too Bad...

Hemsky doesn't shoot more often period and or like that during regulation...for as much skill the guy possesses his hesitation when it comes to firing off a shot irks me as a fan.

If he wants to elevate his game even more he has to shoot first and think later.

Lord Stanley x 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom89 View Post
Hemsky doesn't shoot more often period and or like that during regulation...for as much skill the guy possesses his hesitation when it comes to firing off a shot irks me as a fan.

If he wants to elevate his game even more he has to shoot first and think later.
That's a myth to some degree imo.

He has been shooting more this season but the truth is that it hasn't elevated his game yet because the shot simply isn't that good (yet). He has a hard shot but the accuracy isn't consistently there. Especially when he tries to be too fine and misses the net completely.

The other thing is that sometimes you do want to hold on to the puck for that extra second to see how a play develops.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Lord Stanley x 5

Send a message via MSN to Lord Stanley x 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
That's a myth to some degree imo.
Fair enough...everyone sees it differently.

Quote:
He has been shooting more this season but the truth is that it hasn't elevated his game yet because the shot simply isn't that good (yet). He has a hard shot but the accuracy isn't consistently there. Especially when he tries to be too fine and misses the net completely.
I think he's on pace for less SOG this year ( sure the injury earlier in the season brings the number down too ) but to me I envision Hemsky having the natural feel of firing puck at will considering he's probably been hammered home the point by his teammates, fans, and or coaching staff over the years for not doing so. Even if he doesn't score off the inital shot it sets up a rebound opportunity or scramble where traffic in front of the net should/could be.

Quote:
The other thing is that sometimes you do want to hold on to the puck for that extra second to see how a play develops.
True enough...it is a beautiful thing to have a player like Ales that can either make plays or create them individually.

Lord Stanley x 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Oilers Fan 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick_Chick View Post
Did you miss out on the memo? Players are only responsible when something positive happens. Anything negative is simply the fault of the coaching staff...
isnt that the truth!

Oilers Fan 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
PunjabiOil*

He'll get better in that department. He's still young, and he's improving. If you saw on the bench, he was frustrated at himself. The kid is a learner.

PunjabiOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:54 AM
vb

I thought Sykora was the can't miss guy for the shootout. What is he? 1 for 3 I think, with the only goal coming against Detroit.

I don't mind Hemsky shooting high glove, but I wished he didn't look so lackadaisical when he's skating in. Show some intensity and bear down in that situation.

vb is offline   Reply With Quote