HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Sean Avery Mancrush Thread

Old
02-21-2007, 12:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
link please
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/28/ne...yed_view.shtml

what your looking for is near the bottom of the article.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/28/ne...yed_view.shtml

what your looking for is near the bottom of the article.
38%? you have to be majority to win that title where I'm from

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

vCash: 500
I was a bit disappointed at first to give up on Cliche, but I knew Avery was going to fit in with this team and quickly become a fan favorite. New York fans have a particular liking for hard-nosed, in-your-face players. He's our new Matthew Barnaby, only younger.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:32 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
38%? you have to be majority to win that title where I'm from
38 percent lead the vote, im gonna guess.
dont shoot the messenger, I am only giving you what I found.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I don't care what avery did, it wasn't all that bad. What I take offense to is the Stevens comments. Stevens was one of the most respected players in the NHL. He was not dirty, he played every shift like it was his last. Stevens hit people who had their head down, that isn't dirty thats playing the game the right way. You ask NHL'ers if he was dirty and I bet maybe 10 players who played against him may say so.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
38 percent lead the vote, im gonna guess.
dont shoot the messenger, I am only giving you what I found.
I know, I was kidding.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:05 AM
NJDevilsFan21

As much as I hate him, we needed a player like him, regardless of what team he plays on, to bring that rivalry.

I had some flashbacks during the semi-brawl after Avery/Brodeur.

Oh and here's a dive for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53W-7tk4Uw

Yes Brodeur did over act, but to use that to back Avery up is ridiculous.

NJDevilsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:15 AM
eco's bones

Avery so far is a guy who keeps the other teams on their toes. It seems like most of the past several years we've always had to react to what other teams are doing or what some of their players are doing. Now other teams have something and someone to react to. Beyond that is his energy level--his skating his fine--the hitting. One poster a week or so ago mentioned that he takes the shot when he has the shot--he makes the pass when he has the pass--there's no thinking it over here--he makes the most out of what he's given. So far he's a great addition--whether we've won the trade though--we'll have to wait and see what becomes of Cliche and Marek--that might be several years down the road. So far though it looks good and it's hard to see how we're going to lose the deal. At this point I'm in agreement on a 3 year deal.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Rochester22

The funny part is you guys are celebrating Avery when his actions probably in my mind cost you a win.

I have no question Marty was more focused after the incident.

If that incident didnt occur, the Rangers probably would have scored at least 2.

Rochester22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Harry Vee

Avery is obviously the strongest man in the NHL. It was effortless to push Marty, a 200lb man to the ground. I'm thinking he benches close to 500lbs. Also enjoyed the Janssen beatdown. Nice to see Cam taking a beating and not Hollweg.

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:50 AM
fob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan21 View Post
As much as I hate him, we needed a player like him, regardless of what team he plays on, to bring that rivalry.
Quoted for truth.

This division was getting a bit weak lately.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:15 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester22 View Post
The funny part is you guys are celebrating Avery when his actions probably in my mind cost you a win.

I have no question Marty was more focused after the incident.

If that incident didnt occur, the Rangers probably would have scored at least 2.

Marty was laughing with Nylander seconds after the whole thing happened, so it obviously didn't bother him too much. It's like Chico said, Marty is so competitive that he get pissed off, but then a few seconds later he's over it and back into the game.

To be honest though, I agree that the Devils/Rangers rivalry has had a more nasty edge to it since Avery was traded to New York. And I have to say that I've enjoyed the games between them since Avery's obnoxious ass came over. Avery's one of those guys you hate to play against, but wouldn't mind having on your team (provided he doesn't act like an idiot too much). All I know is that was probably one of the best games I've watched all year.

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
At first I was not a fan of the trade, but now I will eat my words cause damn he is fun to watch. Always makes something happen, you know when he is on the ice.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:39 AM
dynamoovechkin

The thing I found funny (and refreshing) was when Avery called Marty a whiner in the between periods interview. At last, a hockey player who is terminally politically incorrect! How deliciously obnoxious! Love ya man!

So what happens? The commentators refer to this half-hour old quote like three times during the telecast, just reveling in it, and Avery gets into in with Brodeur in front of the net for good measure. Now that's entertaining hockey, fans!

By the way, how about that ultra-wimpy dive on Marty's part when Avery gave him a little shove? Marty should have gotten 2 for roughing and 5 for acting like he was shot at close range in a B movie. (Disgraceful from the certain league MVP)

Good, good, wild, wild stuff.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:59 AM
2Leetch_94

lol, yeah, Brodeur never owned the Rangers until Avery came in and "motivated" him. Hell, if it wasn't for Avery the Rangers probably get shutout or score one goal at best anyway. Devils won because they finished on their one great scoring chance in the 3rd and took advantage of the Rangers lack of defense on that play while Ryan Hollweg completely screws up an easy scoring chance. That's the difference between the Devils being one of the best teams in the league and the Rangers on the outside looking in. Not because the Devils suddenly dominated the flow of the game after the Avery/Brodeur incident and were extra "motivated". Sure, it's nice to say after the game when you've won, but if you're trying to tell us that the Avery/Brodeur incident changed the outcome, you're kidding yourselves.

Quite honestly, Avery's been very good since he's been a Ranger but it's been a short sample size. We'll wait and see how it unfolds. Point is, with or without Sean Avery, the New York Rangers aren't playing well enough or consisteny enough to make the playoffs. 4-2-1 since Avery joined, 2 games vs the Devils, one vs Tampa Bay, Chicago, Washington, Carolina(without Cole), and Philadelphia(without Forsberg).

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
He's the face of the team right now (Outside of Lundqvist). He's what makes this team go. Jagr has done nothing this year, Avery since coming over has been the team (once again, outside of Lundqvist).

You actually really believe in this? That's a horrible b-*****

Aside of your quote, i never liked Avery before, but he became one of my favourite players since he joined NYR. Instigator who can play some hockey, just what this team needed.
Way to go Sean! There are more goalies/players you can harass!

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Stoney La Rock

Sean Avery, I take back every negative thing I ever said about you. Seeing Marty on his ass (dive or no dive) was one of the sweetest hockey moments in recent memory. You are now officially my favorite Ranger.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsydoodle View Post
Sean Avery, I take back every negative thing I ever said about you. Seeing Marty on his ass (dive or no dive) was one of the sweetest hockey moments in recent memory. You are now officially my favorite Ranger.
Every single Ranger would have backed off. I love the fact that we have a jerk willing to give it back once and a while. Seeing Nylander blow kisses to Marty afterwards effin made me sick. Do not re-sign that soft putz.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Sonny Lamateena

I was pleased with Avery's play until last night, intentionally bumping into and falling on goalies is pathetic. If the Rangers lose Henrik to injury because some cement head retaliates by jumping on him don't be surprised and don't act all outraged. The Rangers aren't void of players who play with passion and still play with class, look at guys like Straka, Ortmeyer, and Prucha not a clown like Avery.

Sonny Lamateena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena View Post
I was pleased with Avery's play until last night, intentionally bumping into and falling on goalies is pathetic. If the Rangers lose Henrik to injury because some cement head retaliates by jumping on him don't be surprised and don't act all outraged. The Rangers aren't void of players who play with passion and still play with class, look at guys like Straka, Ortmeyer, and Prucha not a clown like Avery.
You fail to realize Henrik's been run looong before Avery was a Ranger. And you're classy boys did nothing about it. Maybe Nylander pecked the opponent who did it on the cheek!

HAHA. Prucha's no saint either near the crease.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:21 AM
vlh1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
We could stand to thin some of this herd, couldn't we? Seriously though, we'd be crying bloody murder if he were playing against us. It's like having Mustard gas on skates.
"Mustard gas on skates" has got to be the funniest thing I have ever read on any hockey forum. Gold, pure gold. Avery is balls to the wall all the time. You either love him or hate him. I love watching him play all out. I don't like some of the off ice comments, only because I think it takes away from his game a little. I haven't followed hockey for a long time, I'm thinking this tends to be more like old time hockey with Avery, nothing wrong with that I guess.

vlh1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Sonny Lamateena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
You fail to realize Henrik's been run looong before Avery was a Ranger. And you're classy boys did nothing about it. Maybe Nylander pecked the opponent who did it on the cheek!

HAHA. Prucha's no saint either near the crease.
Avery's actions were not in retaliation for anything done to Lundqvist if they were I wouldn't have a problem with it. The Rangers not standing up for each other is a different issue entirely. Avery was wrong, what he did was weak.

Sonny Lamateena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:25 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
"Marty's a big whiner. He's always been a big whiner. You just have to play through it and I'll be in his face all night."
- Sean Avery
Bottom line is that as long as guys like Avery don't pollute their own locker room, then they're great to have on your team. Last night was a perfect example. Avery has helped inject real vitrolity into this rivalry again, and that's a good thing. If he leaves the Rangers then I might very well go right back to hating him, but as long as he's helping my team I'm gonna be glad to have him. So as of now, I'm willing to eat my words about not being happy with the trade.

Of course, if he reacquires the stigma of getting his own teammates to turn against him, then my initial feelings still stand.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:27 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena View Post
Avery's actions were not in retaliation for anything done to Lundqvist if they were I wouldn't have a problem with it. The Rangers not standing up for each other is a different issue entirely. Avery was wrong, what he did was weak.
Please, the Avery-Brodeur thing was completely mutual. Brodeur was whacking him with his stick all night long whenever he was in front of the net, and then he's the one who went up and initiated the scuffle. Obviously Avery was provoking him, but that's what he's there for. And he did his job well, it was just unfortunate that the refs blew the call.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Kostik

I don't see one bad thing on fact that NY has player who is hated by 29 teams and loved just by one.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote