HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Game 67: Preds @ Blackhawks | 7:00 PM CST | NHL Network, FOX Sports TN | RT Game 3

Old
03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Lose a bunch, can't score; win a bunch, score. Rinse. Repeat.

Rinne in net all season nets a playoff spot. There are still some clear problems with the team make up. A few things that are not a problem:

1) Rinne
2) Weber
3) The defense - Wow
4) The Powerplay ...
and
5) Phil Housely - Guy is doing a great job with the D. Our transition game from the backend is leaps and bounds better. It is paying off big time on the powerplay and in defense led scoring chances.

Way to go Preds!

03-15-2014, 12:03 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Lose a bunch, can't score; win a bunch, score. Rinse. Repeat.

Rinne in net all season nets a playoff spot. There are still some clear problems with the team make up. A few things that are not a problem:

1) Rinne
2) Weber
3) The defense - Wow
4) The Powerplay ...
and
5) Phil Housely - Guy is doing a great job with the D. Our transition game from the backend is leaps and bounds better. It is paying off big time on the powerplay and in defense led scoring chances.

Way to go Preds!
I agree. We are still struggling offensively as our lines seem to have difficulty scoring on their own and rely too much on the defense to create offense but at this point I'll take it however I can. If the Preds want to continue on this winning streak, they are going to have to have the defense continue to be involved offensively and Peks to keep them in games w/ his crazy saves w/ some of our offensive players scoring when they have the chance/opportunity. We don't have any elite offensive players on this team so its going to have to be a team effort from the defense, offense, and goaltending to win games.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-15-2014 at 11:18 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:11 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Ryan Ellis has scored nine goals in the National Hockey League.

Four of them have been game winners.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:23 AM
sparkle twin
Here We Go

Great job Preds!! What a great win!

Ryan freaking Ellis, what a sick move! He should just be the first shooter in the shootout from now on. Put him in and let him score and set the tone for the rest of the shootout.

I am SHOCKED that someone on our team actually scored on a breakaway. I am slightly less shocked that it was a defenseman and not a forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
now we only need about 8 more in a row….. a damn shame we didn't play like this on the home stand..
I think we did. We played really well on that homestand but just could not buy a goal. One goal a game isn't going to beat WPG, Pitt, St.L, Clb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
If he wasn't ready for B2B's earlier this week, why would he be ready tomorrow?
Because Chicago/St.L b2b is a lot different than Ottawa/Buffalo b2b.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote