HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 66: Columbus vs. San Jose | 3/13 7PM EDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2014, 07:42 AM
  #326
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Missed the actual game but caught the highlights. I'm contemplating getting a GIF of that Wisniewski goal and posting it any time anybody ever suggests removing him ever again.

Would have preferred two, but, enh. We kept it close and got something out of it, which is sometimes the best you can ask for.

Second Place!

(now if only we could catch up with Pittsburgh's lead... )

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
  #327
Heinze 57
Registered User
 
Heinze 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Country: United States
Posts: 345
vCash: 50
When Wiz was winding up for that shot I stood up off the couch because I 100% knew in my bones he was going to score and when he actually did I went nuts. I was watching with friends who don't really get my passion for hockey so I got some weird looks, but I don't care because that was a gorgeous shot.

Glad to get a point against one of the best teams in the NHL while missing some key guys, and glad the Wilderness took care of the Rangers for us. I keep checking the divisional standings on NHL.com because our logo looks so damn good up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Whats weird, I thought it was going to be an awful crowd during pregame and a few minutes before puck drop. It was a late arriving crowd, but it was pretty much packed to capacity in the upper bowl. Not closei n the Lower Bowl, however
The last game I went to at Nationwide was the Florida game on March 1st. The upper bowl was full, but the lower bowl just did not have anybody in it or any energy. It was dissapointing. Maybe after our run to the conference finals there'll be an influx of season ticket purchases and the lower bowl won't look so empty next year.

Also why is it that 102 is almost always empty?

Heinze 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:14 AM
  #328
Steeltown Jacket
FanFromPensTerritory
 
Steeltown Jacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Was at the game last night, and as echo'ed above and as is the case with most of the games I've been to this year, the upper bowl was filled pretty good and plenty of empty seats in the lower bowl. I attribute that to the higher prices. Still a pretty good atmosphere regardless. I nearly lost my shhh on Umby's shorty.

Did anyone else hear guys around Section 203 or 204 constantly boo Patrick Marleau everytime he touched the puck? I was in 206 and heard it every time. Is there something between him and the CBJ? Or was it just some personal thing?

Steeltown Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:28 AM
  #329
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Missed the actual game but caught the highlights. I'm contemplating getting a GIF of that Wisniewski goal and posting it any time anybody ever suggests removing him ever again.
To be fair; someone would just post a montage of the comical Wiz defensive zone gaffes. There are plenty and brutal; you could send some of them in and win some money on some "submit-your-funny-video" TV show. Some of them this year have directly cost us points. On the flip side; his offense has brought us more points than his gaffes have cost us.

Don't set me on fire, I like Wiz and the high comedy he brings at times.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
  #330
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
...Also why is it that 102 is almost always empty?
I wondered the same thing, it was totally empty for much of the game! Crowd was sparse in 116 and 117, as well. Actually, I was a bit surprised the attendance was as large as announced, but the crowd was pretty loud and supportive, anyway.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:20 AM
  #331
cbjfaninmo
I know nut-ting
 
cbjfaninmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lake Ozark, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
When Wiz was winding up for that shot I stood up off the couch because I 100% knew in my bones he was going to score and when he actually did I went nuts. I was watching with friends who don't really get my passion for hockey so I got some weird looks, but I don't care because that was a gorgeous shot.
Man, I don't remember seeing that kind of time and space for a shot. I came out of my chair (injury free I might add) and was thrilled to see that rocket go in. Wow. Now, I won't mention him falling down coming out of the zone...wirh nobody around him. lol

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:23 AM
  #332
TheGoldenJet
Registered User
 
TheGoldenJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
Quick question guys: does splitting up Johansen and Horton seem like a permanent move, as far as the near future (this regular season) is concerned?

I thought these two had good chemistry in the past. Maybe Foligno simply plays better with Ryan atm?

TheGoldenJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 10:35 AM
  #333
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 13,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
Also why is it that 102 is almost always empty?
i'm fairly certain that's the section held for groups...and the number of group tix sold are down...not 100% on that, but let's say 75% belief there

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 10:53 AM
  #334
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Quick question guys: does splitting up Johansen and Horton seem like a permanent move, as far as the near future (this regular season) is concerned?

I thought these two had good chemistry in the past. Maybe Foligno simply plays better with Ryan atm?
I can't see any of Richards' lines being permanent, even in the near future.

__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
  #335
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
Quick question guys: does splitting up Johansen and Horton seem like a permanent move, as far as the near future (this regular season) is concerned?

I thought these two had good chemistry in the past. Maybe Foligno simply plays better with Ryan atm?
We have no clue about permanence given Richards penchant for changing lines, but Foligno is better at puck control and prolonging the cycle. By far Horton has the better shot, but he wasn't using it much anyways so it makes sense to put Foligno out there with Jenner and Johansen. Those three can put together really long cycles and just wear out the defence physically and mentally, waiting for a shot or a lane to open up.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 12:15 PM
  #336
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltown Jacket View Post

Did anyone else hear guys around Section 203 or 204 constantly boo Patrick Marleau everytime he touched the puck? I was in 206 and heard it every time. Is there something between him and the CBJ? Or was it just some personal thing?
Maybe Jeremy Roenick was in town?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 02:54 PM
  #337
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
also why is it that 102 is almost always empty?
Least value for price. Those seats are in visitors attack twice zone and near top off price range. Season ticket holders prefer closer to CBJ attack twice zone or in lower price range (upper bowl, behind goals) 101 and 116 are usually pretty bare too. CBJ keep them priced higher to make $$$ off Pittsburgh, Detroit, Toronto, etc fans. That's why it looks like a home game for those teams when they come to Columbus...not because CBJ season ticket holders are dumping their tickets.


Last edited by Bobcat110: 03-14-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 03:21 PM
  #338
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Least value for price. Those seats are in visitors attack twice zone and near top off price range. Season ticket holders prefer closer to CBJ attack twice zone or in lower price range (upper bowl, behind goals) 101 and 118 are usually pretty bare too. CBJ keep them priced higher to make $$$ off Pittsburgh, Detroit, Toronto, etc fans. That's why it looks like a home game for those teams when they come to Columbus...not because CBJ season ticket holders are dumping their tickets.
I sit in 118 and am often surrounded by visiting fans. I stay there, though, because it is the best view in the house. As for cost, they are cheaper than all lower bowl seats but the mezzanine just behind.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM
  #339
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I sit in 118 and am often surrounded by visiting fans. I stay there, though, because it is the best view in the house. As for cost, they are cheaper than all lower bowl seats but the mezzanine just behind.
Sorry ...I meant 116. For the season ticket cost...I'd do Club seats over 102, 101,117 or 116






Last edited by Bobcat110: 03-14-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 03:46 PM
  #340
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Sorry ...I meant 116. For the cost...I'd do Club seats over 102, 101,117 or 116.
Gotcha.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
  #341
cbj21
Registered User
 
cbj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shampoo land
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
We have no clue about permanence given Richards penchant for changing lines, but Foligno is better at puck control and prolonging the cycle. By far Horton has the better shot, but he wasn't using it much anyways so it makes sense to put Foligno out there with Jenner and Johansen. Those three can put together really long cycles and just wear out the defence physically and mentally, waiting for a shot or a lane to open up.
Horton is just as good at puck control if not better. But along the boards Foligno is better with his physical and relentless play. Horton is very smooth, Foligno is a beast.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
  #342
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax
 
MoeBartoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
To be fair; someone would just post a montage of the comical Wiz defensive zone gaffes. There are plenty and brutal; you could send some of them in and win some money on some "submit-your-funny-video" TV show. Some of them this year have directly cost us points. On the flip side; his offense has brought us more points than his gaffes have cost us.

Don't set me on fire, I like Wiz and the high comedy he brings at times.
Actually I thought Nikitin won the defensive stumble bumble for the evening when he was retreating wildly with the puck, heading directly toward Bob and then turning it over just in front of Bob before flailing onto the ice..... We were lucky to not get scored on there.

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 06:33 PM
  #343
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBartoli View Post
Actually I thought Nikitin won the defensive stumble bumble for the evening when he was retreating wildly with the puck, heading directly toward Bob and then turning it over just in front of Bob before flailing onto the ice..... We were lucky to not get scored on there.
This. Was right in front of me. 2nd place goes to Dalton Prout's centering pass to Pavelski in the 3rd period.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 06:38 PM
  #344
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax
 
MoeBartoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
This. Was right in front of me. 2nd place goes to Dalton Prout's centering pass to Pavelski in the 3rd period.
I agree that was pretty bad.... You have to say it was right on the stick though.

MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 07:45 PM
  #345
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Sorry ...I meant 116. For the season ticket cost...I'd do Club seats over 102, 101,117 or 116




They really need to reduce the prices for 102 and 116. 105 and 113 work because they are in the attack twice zone.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:15 PM
  #346
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I sit in 118 and am often surrounded by visiting fans. I stay there, though, because it is the best view in the house. As for cost, they are cheaper than all lower bowl seats but the mezzanine just behind.
I've always felt that the upper lower bowl, and lower upper bowl corners were the best value. I do like sitting in club or nearer to the center line at times, but I just don't feel like spending that kind of money on what is, to me, a marginally better experience. My seats in 207 are cheap, but being row B, we have a great view, we know everyone around us and I'm rarely exposed to visiting fans.

I think if we ever made a move, it would be to the mezzanine or club. I don't see the value in being in the 'better' seats except for once in awhile, and those tickets are easy enough to obtain if I feel like it.

One of these games I might just swing by 118 and buy you a beverage, pete. You're on my list of posters I'd like to meet in person someday

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:28 PM
  #347
nhldiedinthe90s
Registered User
 
nhldiedinthe90s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
How are glass seats more than HD Lounge seats? That always struck me as odd.

nhldiedinthe90s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:52 PM
  #348
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I've always felt that the upper lower bowl, and lower upper bowl corners were the best value. I do like sitting in club or nearer to the center line at times, but I just don't feel like spending that kind of money on what is, to me, a marginally better experience. My seats in 207 are cheap, but being row B, we have a great view, we know everyone around us and I'm rarely exposed to visiting fans.

I think if we ever made a move, it would be to the mezzanine or club. I don't see the value in being in the 'better' seats except for once in awhile, and those tickets are easy enough to obtain if I feel like it.

One of these games I might just swing by 118 and buy you a beverage, pete. You're on my list of posters I'd like to meet in person someday
I'd be delighted to reciprocate, SG!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 10:06 PM
  #349
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldiedinthe90s View Post
How are glass seats more than HD Lounge seats? That always struck me as odd.
Evidently, glass seats also include access to HD Lounge. (Plus, they are slightly less expensive at $6,675/season vs. $6,900/season for HD Lounge seats.

Quote:
Experience the fast paced, hard hitting action of the world's best athletes. Feel the chill of the ice and excitement of the crowd from your seats "on the glass". You and your guests will enjoy superior sight lines as well as the exclusive amenities of the Time Warner Cable HD Lounge.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90605

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 11:24 PM
  #350
ca5150
Registered User
 
ca5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
[/B]


Translation: Lower bowl prices too much.

I agree. I was there. In the lower bowl...with free tickets
I agree prices are too much in the lowers, however, I think a lot of those empty seats are corporate tickets that go unused. I work at Huntington and we have like 30 seats and we can buy them for half price in lower bowl and they don't give them away or put them back in the pool if they don't sell all of them. I think that's the case with a lot of those seats in the lowers. It's a shame. I always judge the crowd by the upper corners, if those are filled, it's a solid crowd.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.