HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Anaheim or San Josť?

View Poll Results: Anaheim or San Josť
Anaheim 46 77.97%
San Josť 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
I don't know how I ended up on the Sharks board, but they sure hate the Kings. If we end up meeting each other in the playoffs, it's gonna get ugly...I mean no dance offs... foreelz.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 02:50 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

We'd get West Side Story with the Sharks?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't know how I ended up on the Sharks board, but they sure hate the Kings. If we end up meeting each other in the playoffs, it's gonna get ugly...I mean no dance offs... foreelz.

They hate the Kings because its a bay area team and the Kings are in Los Angeles. Little brother is jealous of big brother. Same reason Giants fans hate the Dodgers, whereas Dodger fans just shrug at Giant fans. (Going back in time, 49er fans hated the Rams too.)

I am shrugging at Sharks fans. My feeling is they should probably seek counseling for their hate issues.

03-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Vamos Rafa
°Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
They hate the Kings because its a bay area team and the Kings are in Los Angeles. Little brother is jealous of big brother. Same reason Giants fans hate the Dodgers, whereas Dodger fans just shrug at Giant fans. (Going back in time, 49er fans hated the Rams too.)

I am shrugging at Sharks fans. My feeling is they should probably seek counseling for their hate issues.

Haha, speak for yourself. I hate those mother****ing Norcals like no other. I wish them nothing but pain in their sports world.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Quote:

Did they bring up Hertl?

I also hate Northern California sports fans. Especially after the Giants winning 2 in 3. Every Giants/Sharks fan I know always says, "Because the Dodgers and Kings suck!" when you ask them why they support those teams. Typical.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I think the new playoff format is fair.

I also think that we will get tired of playing the Sharks and Ducks in the 1st two rounds every season in much the same way that playing Edmonton and Calgary in the 1st two rounds nearly every season grew tiresome in the Gretzky era.

It was great to meet and beat Vancouver and St. Louis when they were outside the Kings division.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 08:48 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
No, we don't. We hate the Ducks. We respect the hell out of the Kings. ('kept your Captain)

03-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
No, we don't. We hate the Ducks. We respect the hell out of the Kings. ('kept your Captain)
The vitriol has been a bit different since we beat them last round. Maybe that's just the sign of a good rivalry.

That said, I've been waiting for a series against the Ducks but that's because I live in OC and I get tired of their stupid bumper stickers and just want to see them cry.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Did they bring up Hertl?

I also hate Northern California sports fans. Especially after the Giants winning 2 in 3. Every Giants/Sharks fan I know always says, "Because the Dodgers and Kings suck!" when you ask them why they support those teams. Typical.
I just like to remind NoCals we support their economy and they're like the teenage kids who come home to steal from Mom and Dad.

Oh yeah, Go Seahawks.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivezina View Post
Oh yeah, Go Seahawks.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 01:20 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivezina View Post
The vitriol has been a bit different since we beat them last round. Maybe that's just the sign of a good rivalry.

That said, I've been waiting for a series against the Ducks but that's because I live in OC and I get tired of their stupid bumper stickers and just want to see them cry.
I think things escalated with the Torres/Stoll and Brown/Hertl incidents because those were the first times the heated play actually turned to injury.

But I agree with spin, it's mostly mutual respect--though the teams themselves look like they're developing a good amount of spite. I bet Doughty and Couture don't even play video games together anymore!

(i feel a lot differently about the Sharks than I do the Giants though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt )

03-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Canucks in 4... (That will never get old to me)

I'm somewhat confident, but respectfully nervous, about facing either team. Play-wise I prefer the way we match up with San Jose over Anaheim. Seems like they are more intimidated by us than the Ducks and our boys step up well against them. While I would definitely prefer somehow pulling off home ice, I'm confident the Kings could come up with a win on the road against the Sharks, and then grind out the series win.

I easily dislike the Ducks more so the idea of losing to them is more terrifying. Even more so because I grew up in Anaheim and live in Orange County. Also they've been so dominant this year (though that hasn't helped them much the last couple ). We haven't faced them since the trades so it will be nice to see how we match up against them tonight.

All in all and like I said in 2012 this Kings team has the potential to be dangerous once we get our foot in the door. The playoffs are our time to shine. I hope to see us come out and surprise some people. It's nice that somehow, even though our last two years consisted of a record making Cup win and Conf finals loss to the champs, we get to go into it this year as underdogs. Again. Like 2012.

Let's make some history again this year. GKG!

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote