HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Old
03-11-2014, 07:40 PM
nyrangers1472

vCash: 500
What lines have the Wolf Pack been using lately? I'm curious to see which players they're pairing together.

nyrangers1472 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 05:52 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers1472 View Post
What lines have the Wolf Pack been using lately? I'm curious to see which players they're pairing together.
Bourque-Miller-Fast is the top line.
Asham-Lindberg-Kristo

After that, there have been many changes. Usually Powe centers with Hensick on his left and sometimes Hrivik and O'Donnell.

Fourth line has been Jean centering anyone and everyone from Yogan to O'Donnel.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 07:53 PM
shinchanyo

I've only been watching since the 3rd period started. On the PP there were a lot of very quick touch passes made by Lindberg and Miller to the points.

Much like the NYR they weren't attempting to push towards the net or slot very much. Are there just no players in the entire organization willing to do this or is it an organizational/coaching issue?

Kristo has had a good overall period. He actually did make a nice move to get the puck through a defender so he could get a shot alone a good 8 feet right in front of the net. He also broke up a 2 on 1. Unless the announcer lied and it was someone else. I thought he was at center ice battling for a puck. Tried to reach for the puck for a good 3 seconds (while the ADR player was fishing against the boards for it) rather than move his feet forward to try and get it. Ended up falling. Must have been someone else who did that. Either that or Kristo busted his ass to somehow get back in front of both players to break up the 2 on 1.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 07:56 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
I've only been watching since the 3rd period started. On the PP there were a lot of very quick touch passes made by Lindberg and Miller to the points.

Much like the NYR they weren't attempting to push towards the net or slot very much. Are there just no players in the entire organization willing to do this or is it an organizational/coaching issue?

Kristo has had a good overall period. He actually did make a nice move to get the puck through a defender so he could get a shot alone a good 8 feet right in front of the net. He also broke up a 2 on 1. Unless the announcer lied and it was someone else. I thought he was at center ice battling for a puck. Tried to reach for the puck for a good 3 seconds (while the ADR player was fishing against the boards for it) rather than move his feet forward to try and get it. Ended up falling. Must have been someone else who did that. Either that or Kristo busted his ass to somehow get back in front of both players to break up the 2 on 1.
Miller busts his ass fighting to keep it along the boards from one side of the net to the other in the O zone. Manage to find the point, slide into the open space b/t the D, get the pass back and get a nice wide open chance. The announcer laments the lack of finish and I can't help but give a nod of solidarity.

Old
03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
shinchanyo

Kristo streaks down the left into the zone, turns and fires to McI right as he's skating in past the blueline, mcI maintains his momentum all the way behind the net and makes a nice centering pass but the save is made .

The WP Howl meter is a liar. As the crowd noise remains at the same level it rises all the way to "savage" I hope some technician can get on that. All the millions (and millions) of the Packs fans need to know when to shout.

DGM with a nice save stacking the pads on a breakaway. (No it wasn't McI on the ice)

McI and Syvret dig it lose behind the net and clear it. Then down the other end Hrivik digs it out.

McI falls for no reason. For a moment I thought the back of his jersey read "St. Louis"

Miller receives a pass up ice from kristo in the NZ as Miller enters the zone from the L. Loses it but Fasth sneaks behind the D man and takes a tripping penalty as he tries to steal the puck.

GOAL: Miller and Syvret pass back and forth. The D man attacks Miller who dekes to the side of the D man's stick and gets it back to Syvret and he slaps it in.

Old
03-14-2014, 08:31 PM
shinchanyo

Kristo sneaks in and steals a pass in the O zone. Draws a penalty for a hit from behind. WP players immediately start pushing and shoving due to the hit.

Miller repeatedly passes it to Syv from behind the net as Syv is closing in on the net for two nice chances. Lindberg skates in from the R and a nice rebound pops out to the L out of the reach of whoever is in front of the net.

OT 1-1 : Lots of ****'s being highlighted in the crowd. Wp men are lucky men indeed.

Miller- Bourq
John-All to start

Miller knocked off the puck trying to get to the net 1 on 1.

McI pressures the puck carrier and keeps him on the perimenter.

Dancing Larry's kids are highlighted in the crowd.

Nothing great in OT.

Pack Win 2-1 in a SO

Old
03-14-2014, 08:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
We really need to bring Grumet-Morris back next year. ****, I'd give him an NHL deal if that's what it took to keep him in the organization.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We really need to bring Grumet-Morris back next year. ****, I'd give him an NHL deal if that's what it took to keep him in the organization.
just shows the lack of quality goaltending prospects in the organization which is a problem now and it will be worse if Talbot walks in a year. their is no depth here. Talbot will be an UFA and i would think he would want to start since he has proved it this year.. i dont think any goalie would want to be a backup.. Rangers need to resign Talbot as well next summer of 2015

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 09:39 PM
shinchanyo

DGM was great. Made a lot of athletic saves on breakaways and wide open chances including robbing quite a few SO attempts. I didn't talk about him at all but he was noticeably a difference maker

Old
03-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yep. He came in and settled the goal-tending down. Before they brought him in it was just awful, terrible.

03-15-2014, 04:44 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Yep. He came in and settled the goal-tending down. Before they brought him in it was just awful, terrible.
I dont get it why LeNeveu was given the 2-way NHL deal instead of DGM... They are not even in the same ballpark, DGM is lights out while LeNeveu can't steal a period for the WP.

Bring back DGM for next year!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 11:50 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I dont get it why LeNeveu was given the 2-way NHL deal instead of DGM... They are not even in the same ballpark, DGM is lights out while LeNeveu can't steal a period for the WP.

Bring back DGM for next year!
The Rangers' back were against the wall and they needed a backup to be in NYC the same day that they signed LeNevue. I believe it's only a one-year deal that expires this summer, so no big deal (other than that we could give it to an undrafted FA and burn a year as an incentive to get him to sign).

Going into next year, I've been saying for months now that they need to step up and give DGM (in particular) and a couple of other AAAA vets NHL deals to prop up HFD.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Pack will have no choice but to sign some vets. Only Skapski is joining the team from the juniors, college or Europe.

St. Croix, Noreau and maybe Nicholls will get promoted from the ECHL, but so will Miller, Fast and probably Allen to the NHL.

So who replaces Asham, Haley, Powe, Hensick, Johnson, Syvret, Bickel? That's a whole lotta quality AHL talent.

This is what the team would look like without vets signed:

Hrivik - Lindberg - Kristo
Bourque - MSC - Nicholls
Yogan - Jean - Kantor
Vaive - ? - Rowe

Hughes - MCI
Noreau - ?
? - ?

This team would get crushed very night. Just a disaster at the AHL level.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:25 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
The Pack will have no choice but to sign some vets. Only Skapski is joining the team from the juniors, college or Europe.

St. Croix, Noreau and maybe Nicholls will get promoted from the ECHL, but so will Miller, Fast and probably Allen to the NHL.

So who replaces Asham, Haley, Powe, Hensick, Johnson, Syvret, Bickel? That's a whole lotta quality AHL talent.

Bourque - MSC - Nicholls
Yogan - Jean - Kantor
Vaive - ? - Rowe

Hughes - MCI
Noreau - ?
? - ?

I would expect the Rangers to sign 5-6 guys anyway with at least 3 years of pro experience at the AHL/NHL level. IMO Hensick would be a very good player to come back. He's a legit AHL scorer with quite a bit of NHL experience. They're also going to need two vet AHL d-man--maybe not Syvret or Johnson but one should have some offensive ability. Though there may be others Grumet-Morris would be a good goalie to keep around.

Jean I wouldn't expect to get another contract. Rowe and Vaive are pretty much free agents--so to me it would project to be less than even you have.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 02:40 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Didn't realize Skapski turns 20 before July 1 - that's good. I still say sign DGM to an NHL deal to serve as a mentor/insurance for him.

A couple of things regarding Beacon's projected lineup:

Quote:
Bourque - MSC - Nicholls
Yogan - Jean - Kantor
Vaive - ? - Rowe

Hughes - MCI
Noreau - ?
- Kristo is a group VI UFA if he doesn't get 80 NHL games before the end of next season (he turns 25 before the end of his contract). So, we need to play him, trade him or risk losing him for nothing.

- I agree that Miller, Fast and Allen are all ready to show what they can do, but I don't necessarily see them all making the team out of camp.

- I imagine that Haggerty will likely start out in the AHL. (And if he doesn't one of Miller/Fast is DEFINITELY not making the big club.)

- As Eco's points out, I really don't see Jean getting another contract. (What the hell happened to that guy?)

- Vaive and Rowe are likely placeholders for random AHL contracts. Hopefully whoever we get are better than our current AHL contracts. I would frankly be happy to devote one or two NHL contracts to get real quality AAAA talent in there and build a culture of professionalism and winning. Hensick isn't a bad choice, but if we can get one more (or two better), I'd be all in favor.

- In addition to Skapski, Donnay is 20 years old and will likely join the Wolfpack.

- It's a minor point, but Hughes is a right D.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Ail
k.

McIlrath looks particularly physical early in this game. Thrown a few nice open ice hits.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Ail
k.

Boring as hell 1st period. Neither team could get much sustained pressure, a lot of back and forth between blue-lines. No one really stood out. McIlrath throws some great hits, and then tries to throw some stupid ones. He really should know better by now.

Old
03-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Ail
k.

Pesonen buries a rebound after DGM makes a save. 1 - 0 baby devils.

Old
03-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Ail
k.

DGM straight up robbed Boucher. Wide open all alone and he got his glove on it.

Old
03-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Ail
k.

lol, omg someone brought their bulldog to the game. Much cuteness, many adorables.

Old
03-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Ail
k.

Just took the 'Pack 18:30 to get a shot off in the second.

Old
03-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Osminator

4 shots in the 1st period, 3 shots in the 2nd period... I am confident they will reach double-digits in shots tonight lol... Awful showing by the WP tonight.

Old
03-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:

Bourque - MSC - Nicholls
Yogan - Jean - Kantor
Vaive - ? - Rowe

Hughes - MCI
Noreau - ?
? - ?

Jean and Bourque are RFA's after this year and Vaive and Rowe are easily replaceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I would expect the Rangers to sign 5-6 guys anyway with at least 3 years of pro experience at the AHL/NHL level. IMO Hensick would be a very good player to come back. He's a legit AHL scorer with quite a bit of NHL experience. They're also going to need two vet AHL d-man--maybe not Syvret or Johnson but one should have some offensive ability. Though there may be others Grumet-Morris would be a good goalie to keep around.

Jean I wouldn't expect to get another contract. Rowe and Vaive are pretty much free agents--so to me it would project to be less than even you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Didn't realize Skapski turns 20 before July 1 - that's good. I still say sign DGM to an NHL deal to serve as a mentor/insurance for him.

A couple of things regarding Beacon's projected lineup:

- Kristo is a group VI UFA if he doesn't get 80 NHL games before the end of next season (he turns 25 before the end of his contract). So, we need to play him, trade him or risk losing him for nothing.

- I agree that Miller, Fast and Allen are all ready to show what they can do, but I don't necessarily see them all making the team out of camp.

- I imagine that Haggerty will likely start out in the AHL. (And if he doesn't one of Miller/Fast is DEFINITELY not making the big club.)

- As Eco's points out, I really don't see Jean getting another contract. (What the hell happened to that guy?)

- Vaive and Rowe are likely placeholders for random AHL contracts. Hopefully whoever we get are better than our current AHL contracts. I would frankly be happy to devote one or two NHL contracts to get real quality AAAA talent in there and build a culture of professionalism and winning. Hensick isn't a bad choice, but if we can get one more (or two better), I'd be all in favor.

- In addition to Skapski, Donnay is 20 years old and will likely join the Wolfpack.

- It's a minor point, but Hughes is a right D.
To me, Hartford has to do some serious rearranging if they want to succeed. Vets like Hensick and DGM need to stick around. If we can, try to keep them on AHL deals so that we won't waste a contract to the 50 limit, but if injuries occur sign them as insurance. Jean isn't and shouldn't be resigned as are Vaive and Rowe. Bourque, even though I'd like for them to resign, might not be there either. It's good to have Skapski and DGM as a tandem, but is that enough? Maybe sign a goalie from Europe or an NCAA guy like Faragher or Summerhays. Or maybe sign Malcolm? Either way we need young goaltenders in our system (drafted or signed) after probably giving up Missiaen and Stajcer. I think Donnay would be in an HWP sweater next year too, but he might need developing in Greenville. I agree with y'all. Some serious remodeling is in store very soon.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Asham barely plays, Haley hates it in Hartford, Powe disappears for 30 games in a row at a time, Hensick was hot when he joined but has been under the radar, Johnson and Syvret are a nightmare on defense (Syvert's only positive trait is he bomb from the blue line) and I think Bickel only played a handful of games due to injury, but from what I recall he was on Par with Johnson and Syvret...

Bring in fresh new AAAA veterans, give em $$$ and two-way deals and let them help create a winning environment for the prospects.

I am sure you will see a number of guys going the Scott Tanski career path... straight to the ECHL on a ECHL contract. Kyle Jean, Sean O'Donnell, Michael Kantor, maybe even Yogan...

Old
03-15-2014, 05:56 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Jean and Bourque are RFA's after this year and Vaive and Rowe are easily replaceable.

To me, Hartford has to do some serious rearranging if they want to succeed. Vets like Hensick and DGM need to stick around. If we can, try to keep them on AHL deals so that we won't waste a contract to the 50 limit, but if injuries occur sign them as insurance. Jean isn't and shouldn't be resigned as are Vaive and Rowe. Bourque, even though I'd like for them to resign, might not be there either. It's good to have Skapski and DGM as a tandem, but is that enough? Maybe sign a goalie from Europe or an NCAA guy like Faragher or Summerhays. Or maybe sign Malcolm? Either way we need young goaltenders in our system (drafted or signed) after probably giving up Missiaen and Stajcer. I think Donnay would be in an HWP sweater next year too, but he might need developing in Greenville. I agree with y'all. Some serious remodeling is in store very soon.
Hensick is not going to stick around on an AHL contract. Whether you like it or not if you want to have a successful minor league operation--one that wins with some regularity in which you can bring up your better prospects in a good situation you have to be willing to burn 5 or 6 NHL contracts. There's only so many prospects that are going to make it anyway--what you want is a system in which you can graduate at least 2 guys a year to the NHL and sometimes 3 or 4. Burning those contracts is the price you have to pay to get that.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote