HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sean Avery Mancrush Thread

Old
02-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Harry Vee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Oscars are this Sunday.I usually don't watch those award shows but I will just to watch Martin Brodeur win the Oscar for Best Female Performer
I think i peed a little after reading that . Seriously though, as bad as that flop was, i'd rather not see Lundqvist fight Janssen.

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Incognito31

does anyone have the quote from avery in between periods about broduer?

Incognito31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:26 PM
JRGNYR

I work with a handful of Devil fans, and one of them suggested I not be surprised if Lundqvist gets run over by Janssen tomorrow night. I told him if that's what the Devils are worried about, along with what Avery is up to every second of his shifts, then maybe they're not as focused on winning the game.

I also told him that if somebody takes a clear cut run at Lundqvist, that he shouldn't be surprised if Gomez gets flipped in the game. What Avery did wasn't that bad, and Devil fans are up in arms because the supposedly inpenetrable halo around Brodeur was invaded, and Brodeur flopped like a baby.

It's really up to the Devils at this point if they want to escalate it.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:40 PM
SML

The Devil's coaches, if not Janssen, are too smart to run Lundqvist. If he does, all out war will breakout. I'm sure they've sat Cam down and explained to him that unless he wants to buy a house in Albany, he'd better keep his cool.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:40 PM
crisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWES07 View Post
It was something to the effect.

"Broduer is a bigwhiner. I'm going to be in his face all night"

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I was reading on either the Devils GDT or a thread on the main page, but supposedly Cam was on a radio station(guessing statelite) and basically said he was just trying to get Henke of his game. So personally I dont think the Devils will send him out with the intent on running Lundqvist. If they do(or if the Rangers do for that matter) it will turn into an all out brawl and no game will even be played. Just my $0.02

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:53 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I was reading on either the Devils GDT or a thread on the main page, but supposedly Cam was on a radio station(guessing statelite) and basically said he was just trying to get Henke of his game. So personally I dont think the Devils will send him out with the intent on running Lundqvist. If they do(or if the Rangers do for that matter) it will turn into an all out brawl and no game will even be played. Just my $0.02
Not to mention Janssen will probably be suspended for a long while, but I don't think the Devils will honestly be losing much if that happens anyway. That said, I don't think anything spectacular will happen tomorrow

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Was there a hockey game last night?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnolimit View Post
I think i peed a little after reading that . Seriously though, as bad as that flop was, i'd rather not see Lundqvist fight Janssen.

i second those sentiments.. that was hilarious rangeryboy

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Anyone see a little Pat Verbeek or dare I say "Gravy" in Avery? I know that is kind of blasphemy, but I see it. A guy who will crash the net no matter the cost, who is always there to stick up for his teammates without the slightest hesitation, and who has skill on top of that. I think if he was a little bigger height wise, he would be in that mold if he keeps playing this way. And does anyone think he would be a good fit with Jagr? I know I know, everyone is a good fit with Jagr, but with Jagr's ability to create space and Avery crashing the net I think they could do some real damage. That being said I loved seeing him and Shanny together and hopefully when Shanny comes back I see it again. Oh and I hope I see it again next year. SLATS, PLEASE SIGN SHANNY!!!

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Not to mention Janssen will probably be suspended for a long while, but I don't think the Devils will honestly be losing much if that happens anyway. That said, I don't think anything spectacular will happen tomorrow
That was quite anti-climactic. I was genuinely scared for Lundy. Janssens looked like a raving lunatic. Good thing turned out it was pure punkery.

Old
02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I've had enough of Brodeur.He never shuts up.He never misses a chance to poke fun at the Rangers.He forgets his playoff defeats in 1994 and 1997 at the hands of the Rangers.Sean Avery should be in Marty's cage the entire game on Thursday night

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Was there a hockey game last night?
I'm not sure. I do know there was a GDT

02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWES07 View Post
I believe this was it.
"Marty is a whiner and he'll always be a whiner"

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Watching the Rangers the last couple of games it is apparent that the old Sean Avery is back. The old Sean Avery is the Avery that is fun to watch every night as you never know what he may do. I hated the new Avery in LA as he was not as effective as he once was.

Good to see that he has turned back into the Old Sean Avery.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Marty's a whiner. Marty's a big whiner. I'm going to be in his face all night."-Sean Avery

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
clmetsfan

See post #73

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:39 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Rather celebrate him than Brodeur who acts like a little girl out there

You can't be serious. Brodeur can whine all he wants as long as he keeps winning. I'm fairly certain his ring collection is a wee bit larger than Mr. Avery's.

Oooooh Avery hit Brodeur, WOW that was COOOL! Ummmm the Rangers lost the game.

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Sonny Lamateena

Quote:
I've had enough of Brodeur.He never shuts up.He never misses a chance to poke fun at the Rangers.He forgets his playoff defeats in 1994 and 1997 at the hands of the Rangers.Sean Avery should be in Marty's cage the entire game on Thursday night
Marty doesn't forget anything, thats why he does it. Brodeur has an excellent memory and despite his HOF career its the little blemish's that stick with him the most. He still holds a grudge against Patrick Roy for insisting on playing all the games in Nagano, he wanted desperately to beat Roy in the 96 finals and it bugs him to this day. Same deal with the Rangers, he was the losing goalie when the Rangers knocked the Devils out of the playoffs in 92, 94, and 97. For a guy with such a big ego you can bet it kills him being the goat on some of hockeys most famous moments (The Guarantee, Matteau,Matteau,Matteau, and of course being a stepping stone to ending 1940). That's why Brodeur is happy whenever a microphone is put in his face and he can take a shot at the Rangers. It's just Marty being Marty.

Sonny Lamateena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I've had enough of Brodeur.He never shuts up.He never misses a chance to poke fun at the Rangers.He forgets his playoff defeats in 1994 and 1997 at the hands of the Rangers.
I could honestly care less what Marty thinks about the Rangers.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
NYRMatt

Mancrush for Avery? Of course!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
HAHA. Prucha's no saint either near the crease.
What are forwards supposed to do when they're near the crease? Blow the goalie a kiss? There's also a difference between being a nuisance in front and running through a goaltender. What Avery did was somewhere in the middle, but it wasn't anywhere near "running through."

The fact Brodeur didn't get 2 for roughing was ridiculous, though. Avery should've gotten 4 minutes, Brodeur 2 and Rafalski 2. So I don't want to hear any crap either about Brodeur not getting calls, because the Debbies got a PP out of it.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
What are forwards supposed to do when they're near the crease? Blow the goalie a kiss? There's also a difference between being a nuisance in front and running through a goaltender. What Avery did was somewhere in the middle, but it wasn't anywhere near "running through."

The fact Brodeur didn't get 2 for roughing was ridiculous, though. Avery should've gotten 4 minutes, Brodeur 2 and Rafalski 2. So I don't want to hear any crap either about Brodeur not getting calls, because the Debbies got a PP out of it.
Oh no, I agree. I was just pointing out Prucha to show where he was wrong. I love that Prucha sticks his nose in when every loose puck pops out near the crease.

Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
paintballruler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
I believe this was it.
"Marty is a whiner and he'll always be a whiner"
just for that comment and what avery did.....i am changing my hollweg jersey...and i am now buying a avery jersey

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
paintballruler*

i cannot wait till tomorrow, avery is going to run broduer again....IF THEY WANT TO RUN JAGR THEN WE WILL RUN THERE ONLY (HALF) A STAR.

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote