HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup for game..Intresting

Old
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher View Post
Icould definitely agree with a showcasing of these two - have you seen or heard of relative worth for either guy? My thought would be mid-round pick each type of deal - what do you think?
Jussi IMO would have more value, Winchester would get no more than a late pick but perhaps in a package?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Backstrom, Holmqvist, Legace or Sanford?

These are not impressing me as #1 starters. Rolo is better than all four of them. I'd rather forget about the 2nd round pick and keep Rolo instead.
As another enlightened poster once said "It's ROLI with an I (its even spelt that way on his mask). He's not a caramel filled chocolate morsel. He's a person".

Last edited by Unsustainable: 02-20-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Unsustainable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
jiggyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Mason if available, Aebsicher if Halak steals his job.....there are a few goalies out there that might be decent.

And dare I say.....(Eats a slice of humble pie) JDD almost looks ready to be a back up?

Mason would be no better than Conkannen, he's just got the benefit of playing on one of the top teams in the league.

Let's not start underrating Roloson just because of our lack of defense this year. Rolly is our Goalie for the next couple seasons and I have no problem with that at all.

jiggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
melubsdonna

I'm not against trading Roli either. Do you really think he can be effective at age 41? Maybe.... And if we keep him until then I hope so. But if we can get a decent return for Roli we should trade him. Look ahead. Do you think we can be contenders next year? I don't think so.... I'd say trade Roli and try and get Biron. It's safer that way. The last thing we want is to have Theodore skills in net because our goalie is too slow, along with a large contract, albeit not as bad as Theodore's contract. it's immovable and eats cap space. Roli has been pretty inconsistent this year. He's been pretty average overall. You can't make it far into the playoffs with average goaltending. do you think he can play on his head like he did last season should we make a run in the future? I don't think so..... it's risky to hold onto Roli. We're better off with another goalie like Biron for example. I could totally be wrong and Roli could be very great for us in the future..... but I'm pretty risk averse I wouln't walk down this alley.

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:11 PM
BleedingOil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyman View Post
Mason would be no better than Conkannen, he's just got the benefit of playing on one of the top teams in the league.

Let's not start underrating Roloson just because of our lack of defense this year. Rolly is our Goalie for the next couple seasons and I have no problem with that at all.
No way Mason is the real deal. But either way where not trading Roli unless a legit goalie comes back, but this doesn't make any sence.

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by melubsdonna View Post
I'm not against trading Roli either. Do you really think he can be effective at age 41? Maybe.... And if we keep him until then I hope so. But if we can get a decent return for Roli we should trade him. Look ahead. Do you think we can be contenders next year? I don't think so.... I'd say trade Roli and try and get Biron. It's safer that way. The last thing we want is to have Theodore skills in net because our goalie is too slow, along with a large contract, albeit not as bad as Theodore's contract. it's immovable and eats cap space. Roli has been pretty inconsistent this year. He's been pretty average overall. You can't make it far into the playoffs with average goaltending. do you think he can play on his head like he did last season should we make a run in the future? I don't think so..... it's risky to hold onto Roli. We're better off with another goalie like Biron for example. I could totally be wrong and Roli could be very great for us in the future..... but I'm pretty risk averse I wouln't walk down this alley.
Why would we keep him until 41! That sounds like a bad move - let his current contract run out... but for the next two years he seems much better than the alternative.

I guess if the opportunity presents itself to trade Roli, pick up Biron, and then sign Biron, I would be content, but there are a lot of ifs in that last sentence.

The worst case to me would be shipping off Roli, and not getting someone locked up for next year -- which I think would be a good possibility if we did ship him off.

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Matts

I'm not against trading Roli

I wouldn't say we should actively persue it but I'm certainly not against it. He's had a couple of really poor stretches this year and yes he is getting older. But maybe not being so green on D might lead to a little bounceback for DR. And besides that..can we really trust Lowe's judgement when it comes to netminders? We remember how long he held on to Salo and let him rot this team from the inside out.

Or at least I remember it

As for tonight's lineup? It's a big pile of garbage. A Gilbert/Roy tandem on the road with the other guy having the last change? GULP. And I don't like that MacT's saddling 14/78 with 15. It's nearly 60 games now and we're still trying to get Lupul going. If I was going to do anything I'd re-unite 71-83 and put 14 with them and throw 78 up with 94-10. Lupul's a lost friggin' cause at this point.

Matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
melubsdonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick View Post
Why would we keep him until 41! That sounds like a bad move - let his current contract run out... but for the next two years he seems much better than the alternative.

isn't Roli signed till he is 41? anyways i was referring to the age he will be when his conract expires, whatever age that may be, it will be pretty old.

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the CuP View Post
As another enlightened poster once said "It's ROLI with an I (its even spelt that way on his mask). He's not a caramel filled chocolate morsel. He's a person".
MacT has called him Rolo in a couple media scrums.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
count me in the "keeping roloson is fine, but trade him if the right deal is available" camp.

what if we worked out something where we sent roloson to another team for a decent return, then worked out a trade with buffalo for biron? with their injuries, they could sure use some help for the playoffs (smith?), and us swapping in biron for roloson would save us some cap room.

just a thought, feel free to punch holes in as you will.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 07:33 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
count me in the "keeping roloson is fine, but trade him if the right deal is available" camp.

what if we worked out something where we sent roloson to another team for a decent return, then worked out a trade with buffalo for biron? with their injuries, they could sure use some help for the playoffs (smith?), and us swapping in biron for roloson would save us some cap room.

just a thought, feel free to punch holes in as you will.
Thing I'd be worried about is Biron signing in Edmonton. You can't work out extensions before a trade, and it's a good year to be a UFA goalie... if his heart is set on some team like Philly or Tampa or LA - or even if he just wants to test the waters and see what he can get - we're screwed.

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynsaw View Post
Thanks Dan

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5643

Winchester, Jussi, Gilbert, and Jacques all in.

To me this confirms that Winchester and Jussi will be gone by the deadline. I imagine there will be a few scouts at the game tonight.

Wow that lineup is not pretty. Losing Stoll for the season is really going to hurt. Oh well thank god we have Rocket Petterson on the point.
So I guess the fact that the oilers have how many guys injured and playing Rolo for 82 games a year is a good thing?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Oilers Fan 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
If they're going to sell, it should be Roloson that's going, and we pick up a young goalie.

That is of course, IF we're selling.
i think it will be roli to buffalo for biron!

Oilers Fan 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:14 AM
PunjabiOil*

Pretty clear some of the guys are being showcased.

The next 3 games will determine whether Lowe will be a seller, or do nothing. I don't think we'll be a buyer regardless.

Minnesota can still be caught. They don't have a easy schedule, and lots of HTH games against Cal, Van, Edm. We're now also chasing Calgary. 8 points back of them, for the final playoff spot. Play them twice.

If we're sellers, call up JDD and Schremp (make sure not to play him over the maximum number of games before losing first year eligibility).

PunjabiOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:40 AM
Bodmanza
Rebuild Inception

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
MacT has called him Rolo in a couple media scrums.
And according to MacT, Lupul is in his sophomore year! So, either MacT cannot count or does not understand the meaning of the word.

...a little from column A, a little from column B methinks...

Bodmanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Matts

Yeah but if we could assume divisional wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
Pretty clear some of the guys are being showcased.

The next 3 games will determine whether Lowe will be a seller, or do nothing. I don't think we'll be a buyer regardless.

Minnesota can still be caught. They don't have a easy schedule, and lots of HTH games against Cal, Van, Edm. We're now also chasing Calgary. 8 points back of them, for the final playoff spot. Play them twice.

If we're sellers, call up JDD and Schremp (make sure not to play him over the maximum number of games before losing first year eligibility).

or if we didn't suck in those games then we wouldn't be in this spot in the first place. I kept waiting for Minny to fall apart but it's just not gonna happen. They kept their heads above water without Gaborik but with him they're a playoff team and we knew that all along. Plus they pick up all those SO points and that sways things in their advantage though I have a feeling this will be the last year that allows that kind of shaggery.

I'd love to knock the Flames out, BTW I'd imagine their fans are sh!tting their drawers thinking about that club opening the playoffs on the road but there's no way the Oilers can win that last reg season game in Cgy and once agian...the Oilers suck in their own division.

Matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
If we're selling, he's valuable right now.

By next season or the one after, he won't be.

Will he be good enough next year? Maybe...probably...but maybe not.
Even though Roli has done a good job, I'm not that convinced that he has significant value, considering his age/contract.

Reason is offline   Reply With Quote