Notices

Prospect Ranking Update

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Dallasman

vCash: 500
Prospect Ranking Update

I looked at the teams ranked 21-30 by Hockey's Future and the Stars aren't among the team there. They have moved up from 27th to some new ranking. This is good news.

Old
02-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Starsdude

I thought that was positive also although I have real questions about the last two years(Crombeen over O'Sullivan or Mirnov, Vas and Holtet over Hudler). I think things have improved unfortunately goalies are a dime a dozen thus having four may not be as valuable as we would like, None the less, Daley, Nickerson and Jancevski are real d prospects and Jokinin,Polak Erikkson and Miets all have top 6 potential. With Ott and Erskine having value we are better off than we were. We also have Columbus's second and a comp pick for Hatch which will help. Still would like a two way defenseman (could Bagnall or Granath emerge)and another offensive player or two

Old
02-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Starsdude

Well, amazingly at 16. Strange list so far. Bost ranked high with LA/Chi too low. Stars they question near ready tough guys but fail to mention Jancevski. NO power players and no superstars in system. Agree on second point. Hagos/Crombeen are tough players with size

Old
02-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Well, amazingly at 16. Strange list so far. Bost ranked high with LA/Chi too low. Stars they question near ready tough guys but fail to mention Jancevski. NO power players and no superstars in system. Agree on second point. Hagos/Crombeen are tough players with size
16 is a good ranking for us. We have improved somewhat from last year. It's good that they recognize our strength in goal. They didn't mention Mike Smith in there as part of the goalies. Kinda shocked with that one.

Our D looks very promising for the future. Nickerson and Bagnall(size) are good players for the future with Daley and Vagnar(skill) on the horizon. I was kinda shocked that they didn't mention Jancevski but maybe they know something we don't?

We do need some more size up front. Agreed on that one. Jokinen and Miettinen aren't big guys but they have tons of potential. Maybe thats why we took Crombeen over O'Sullivan(size). I'm not sure how big O'Sullivan is but makes you wonder why we didn't take him? Who knows...

Old
02-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Starsdude

O'sully is small but crombeen likely would have been available later as csb had him ranked in the 60s

Old
02-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman
It's good that they recognize our strength in goal. They didn't mention Mike Smith in there as part of the goalies. Kinda shocked with that one.
That's because Smith doesn't have near the potential of the other three...

Quote:
Our D looks very promising for the future. Nickerson and Bagnall(size) are good players for the future with Daley and Vagnar(skill) on the horizon. I was kinda shocked that they didn't mention Jancevski but maybe they know something we don't?
The Jancevskis and MacMillans are the ones that are going to consistently fly under the radar. No big problem there.

Quote:
We do need some more size up front. Agreed on that one. Jokinen and Miettinen aren't big guys but they have tons of potential. Maybe thats why we took Crombeen over O'Sullivan(size). I'm not sure how big O'Sullivan is but makes you wonder why we didn't take him? Who knows...
No, I know the Stars interviewed O'Sullivan. If there was anything that turned them off it was his mental issues, I'd bet.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:55 PM
coltsfan

I've been looking on this site for a while now and always seem to hear that you guys are dissapointed with picking Crombeen before O'Sullivan. I live in Stroud a small town outside of Barrie and have been going to the Colts games for over 10 years now and i have seen O'sullivan play numerous times. And I can honestly say that Crombeen is better NHL prospect. Crombeen wasn't drafted to be agoal scorer, he was drafted to be a good two way player that will stand up for his teamates. This year he has improved greatly on his skating and his alla round game. He is one of the toughest guys in the league and will go anyone. An example of how tough he is in a game against Owen Sound Adam Smyth an overage tough guy challenged him and they went with Crombeen losing pretty badly as well being cut badly the next shift Smyth runs one of his players Crombeen skated over and challenged him and they went again and again crombeen lost but smyth didn't run around the rest of the game. O'Sullivan is a great player and goal scorer but his size, work ethic and attidude leave to many questions for me I would be very happy to have Crombeen in your system if I were you.

PS. CRombeen has also beaten some of the toughest in league i just wanted to make the point that he is a great team player

Old
02-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Starsdude

Coltsfan welcome. I think the disappointment stems more from the lack of scorers in the system rather than anything personal against Brandon. However it is good to here he is making progress. Ott and Morrow also play with an edge and are very well liked here. Hopefully Brandon can join them soon

Closed Thread