HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 68: Preds vs. Blues | 7:00 PM CST | FOX Sports TN | Back at the Stone!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
  #51
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The blues fans are almost as bad as the hawks fans at this point. Several let's go blues yelled during the national anthem sort of set the tone. I did remind several of them that they hadn't won a Cup yet. I hope they go home broke and hung over.

On the plus side, the alumni game was fun and we did win that.
True that.

sbet1998 is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:27 AM
  #52
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Clune was fine tonight. Drew multiple penalties, including getting Berglund off for 4 minutes and was willing to drop the gloves with a guy he's giving 2-3 inches and 30 pounds to in an effort to wake the team up out of a flat beginning to the 2nd period.

I'd like to hope we're applying a slightly higher standard to Weber than to what is expected out of a run-of-the-mill 4th liner.

It's concerning that for how good our defense has been looking in terms of contributing to the offense, they still look like ass in our own zone.
Was Weber on the ice for a single goal against?

Smh.....

I guess you guys need to blame someone.

Clune had the turn over that led to the first goal.

I'm sure that was Weber fault. If only he was physical like Suter....

triggrman is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:36 AM
  #53
Ranskyre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 76
vCash: 50
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.

Thought the alumni game was fun. Some good puck handling skills on display. Especially during the penalty shot.

Ranskyre is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:47 AM
  #54
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Was Weber on the ice for a single goal against?

Smh.....

I guess you guys need to blame someone.

Clune had the turn over that led to the first goal.

I'm sure that was Weber fault. If only he was physical like Suter....
I made no comment about Weber's performance in particular. I just don't understand what comparing him to Clune is supposed to achieve.

Iron Duke is online now  
Old
03-16-2014, 01:11 AM
  #55
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranskyre View Post
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.
Well, like us, they have yet to lift the Cup in St. Louis ... I guess you have to make up some sort of tradition and apparently yelling during the anthem seems to be a popular, albeit disrespectful, choice.

Predsboro is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 01:13 AM
  #56
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Was Weber on the ice for a single goal against?

Smh.....

I guess you guys need to blame someone.

Clune had the turn over that led to the first goal.

I'm sure that was Weber fault. If only he was physical like Suter....
Not blaming Weber in the least ... however, he was weak in the D zone tonight.

Predsboro is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 01:20 AM
  #57
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
If I were an owner, I would be furious that two opposing fan bases come to Nashville and play home games. As a fan, I'm merely embarrassed about the Blues fans taking over the Bridge. As an owner, heads would roll.

Instead of trying to find ways to increase the cost of visiting fans ticket purchases, i.e. "Get the red out", try putting a team on ice that encourages Preds fans to fill our own barn.

WartracePred is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 02:02 AM
  #58
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
If I were an owner, I would be furious that two opposing fan bases come to Nashville and play home games. As a fan, I'm merely embarrassed about the Blues fans taking over the Bridge. As an owner, heads would roll.

Instead of trying to find ways to increase the cost of visiting fans ticket purchases, i.e. "Get the red out", try putting a team on ice that encourages Preds fans to fill our own barn.
If I was an owner, I probably wouldn't care as long as the building was selling out one way or another.

Iron Duke is online now  
Old
03-16-2014, 06:47 AM
  #59
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
If I was an owner, I probably wouldn't care as long as the building was selling out one way or another.
Yep and i doubt the city minds either $...

It's funny the Blues and Hawks fans were not an issue until they started winning. You want to shut them up do what you did against the hawks earlier in the year and not look like you're an AHL team.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 08:43 AM
  #60
Ranskyre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 76
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
Yep and i doubt the city minds either $...

It's funny the Blues and Hawks fans were not an issue until they started winning. You want to shut them up do what you did against the hawks earlier in the year and not look like you're an AHL team.
I was having similar thoughts throughout the game. The market is still new enough that the rabid fans are few and far between. But have to win to draw people in. Or giveaway stuff.

Ranskyre is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 09:11 AM
  #61
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranskyre View Post
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.

Thought the alumni game was fun. Some good puck handling skills on display. Especially during the penalty shot.
From what I have seen, they normally yell home of the blues at the end, not let's go blues between phrases. I suspect it was some drunks wanting to show off.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 09:15 AM
  #62
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranskyre View Post
I posted on the Blues GDT that I thought their yelling during the National Anthem was classless. They said it was their tradition.

Thought the alumni game was fun. Some good puck handling skills on display. Especially during the penalty shot.
St. Louis has never been mistaken as a bastion of civility and culture.

AintLifeGrand is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 09:27 AM
  #63
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Was Weber on the ice for a single goal against?

Smh.....

I guess you guys need to blame someone.

Clune had the turn over that led to the first goal.

I'm sure that was Weber fault. If only he was physical like Suter....
So Ekholm gets absolved for the horrible pass out towards Clune leading to the turnover and their first goal?

101st_fan is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 09:59 AM
  #64
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
If I was an owner, I probably wouldn't care as long as the building was selling out one way or another.
Except that the building selling out in the regular season to opposing fan bases means the team is so bad they won't make the playoffs. How much revenue will they lose by missing post season games.

WartracePred is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 10:31 AM
  #65
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 1225
Brutal game but I wasn't surprised; Blues are just a straight up better team by a substantial margin.

A bit disappointed in the Blues fan invasion, but they're competing for the President's Trophy right now which adds some bandwagoners and St. Louis is fairly close.

Cashville is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 10:33 AM
  #66
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
You aren't a much of a hockey market when you are outnumbered in your own building.

Jarnberg is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 10:55 AM
  #67
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Except that the building selling out in the regular season to opposing fan bases means the team is so bad they won't make the playoffs. How much revenue will they lose by missing post season games.
The team hasn't been good by any means this season, but if the fans can't fill the building for a team that is still, albeit barely, in the playoff hunt, that's on them, not ownership. We're barely a season and a half removed from a second-round playoff exit, and really not quite bad enough for THAT much apathy yet.

Iron Duke is online now  
Old
03-16-2014, 10:59 AM
  #68
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Totz 2 cents:

"Any time a team is doing well in this league, you travel well. When the Blues weren’t doing so good you never saw any blue shirts out there. They’re the top team in the NHL, and they’re proud of what they’ve built up to this point,” said Predators head coach Barry Trotz. “It’s no different than the Blackhawks. I never saw any Blackhawks jerseys before, but then they build a good team and everybody wears their jerseys. That’s how pro sports work.” -Trotz quote to media.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 11:14 AM
  #69
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Trotz is 100% on point above. Doesn't take away that our fans aren't buying up those seats. It was almost entire sections in the upper bowl.

Another point, we've never done that in another arena

Jarnberg is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 11:36 AM
  #70
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
You aren't a much of a hockey market when you are outnumbered in your own building.
7 years ago Preds fans invaded St. Louis on several occasions & Chicago too. Strange what winning does to increase your road attendance.

Also what is the explanation for the attendance when Chicago and St. Louis are not playing in Nashville? Let's look at the Blues' home attendance as compared to Nashville this season. Note that the Blues play in a much larger arena with 40+ years of history, competing for the best record in the league, and only average less than 200 more per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
19 St. Louis 33 552,222 16,734 87.4
20 Nashville 36 596,370 16,565 96.8

It is not like home attendance falls completely off the map like St. Louis and Chicago did 7 years ago.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2007

Gnashville is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 11:58 AM
  #71
Marty Party
@ The Bridge
 
Marty Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
I agree, winning does wonders for traveling fans and home fans selling their seats. It wasn't like this at the Bridge two years ago when we were winning on a regular basis. When you went to the arena expecting to see a win instead of hoping not to look too bad in an expected loss.

As it has been said, the best way to keep them out is win and be a contender.

Marty Party is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 11:59 AM
  #72
Ranskyre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 76
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Let's look at the Blues' home attendance as compared to Nashville this season. Note that the Blues play in a much larger arena with 40+ years of history, competing for the best record in the league, and only average less than 200 more per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
19 St. Louis 33 552,222 16,734 87.4
20 Nashville 36 596,370 16,565 96.8
I have questions about these figures:
1) Are these attendance records from the gate or seats sold?
---We can make assumptions, but it does not specify how they came to the numbers that they're calling "attendance."
2) Assuming ESPN means bodies in seats, 16500 people attend on average. Good. For whom are they cheering? There were a lot of bodies in the Bridgestone last night. I'd say over half had a note on their chest.

Ranskyre is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:01 PM
  #73
utkpred
Registered User
 
utkpred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
We're putting a really poor and boring product on the ice right now, who would want to go watch that? I went to the blues and blue jackets games and it was some of the most boring predators I've seen in some time.

utkpred is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
  #74
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranskyre View Post
I have questions about these figures:
1) Are these attendance records from the gate or seats sold?
---We can make assumptions, but it does not specify how they came to the numbers that they're calling "attendance."
2) Assuming ESPN means bodies in seats, 16500 people attend on average. Good. For whom are they cheering? There were a lot of bodies in the Bridgestone last night. I'd say over half had a note on their chest.
1) FYI: The Preds lease requires that they report their attendance as accurately as possible. I do not know where the ESPN numbers come from, but If the same standards are used for all teams then someone would have to say the numbers are legit.
2) I highly doubt 3 to 4 K people are coming from Edmonton, or Minnesota on a Tuesday night to fill out the Predators attendance numbers. People can guess at how many Blues' fans were there last night but 1/2 would put it into the 8,000 people range. More likely 4-5 K just more drunken and vocal.

Gnashville is offline  
Old
03-16-2014, 12:48 PM
  #75
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
I agree, winning does wonders for traveling fans and home fans selling their seats. It wasn't like this at the Bridge two years ago when we were winning on a regular basis. When you went to the arena expecting to see a win instead of hoping not to look too bad in an expected loss.

As it has been said, the best way to keep them out is win and be a contender.
That's why changes need to be made. I gave the team a pass last year because on injuries, short season, etc... This season, even with Rinne out, the offense has underperformed even by Predators standards. That falls on Poile and Trotz. They built this team based on grit and determination. It simply hasn't worked. The result is having visitors fill our arena and run us off with our tail between our legs. No big deal to Trotz. Fans travel well when their team is winning. The problem is our team is awful and Preds fans have responded by staying home.

WartracePred is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.