Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Calgary VS Colorado The Final Episode

Old
02-20-2007, 08:41 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Our defence is looking awful in this game. They might as well put a "Welcome" mat in front of Kiprusoff's net. Hopefully they wake up for the 2nd period.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:44 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Phaneuf showing up tonight, 2-2 for your guys, good luck in this one, Colorado liking to play spoiler lately.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 08:46 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

OH MY GOD! That was PATHETIC! Hejduk just skates in with all the space in the world and owns the Flames while our defence stands there and watches. 3-2 Avs. This team is gonna give me gray hair.

Old
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Lunatik*

the flames need to do something... 19 shots agianst in 1 period is not acceptable... another ****ing pathetic effort

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
TheMedicineMan

avs gonna win this... credit goes to the refs

TheMedicineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead123 View Post
No, man, the refs are not to blame here for our loss. The Avalanche just took advantage of a Flames team who weren't in this game for a full 60 minutes. We didn't deserve to win this game.

Old
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
the refs were ok with the exception of the the blown tripping call on sakic... which of course led to teh GWG... but they gave more than enough make up calls that this useless team couldnt capitalize on

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
They were bad both ways. Good luck in the playoffs flamers. Cheering for Tanguay all the way.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 11:03 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Those careless penalties from Friesen and Iginla really came back to haunt us.

Old
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

This team really has no heart or desire.

I say Have Mclennan play in Phoenix and wherever else were playing after that, hopefully Kipper will be back on track.

Last edited by Phaneufed: 02-20-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Wags

Gawd...what is wrong with Neilson...he looked absolutely terrible!!! Our defence is playing very lazy, and does anyone else notice that every time our defence clears the puck up the boards there is no forward to be found? I am having a tough time figuring out this defensive zone coverage. Also our penalty kill is enough to induce vomitting. I understand Kipper faced alot of rubber in the first, but his rebound control is going down the crapper...that used to be his best quality. I would like to see Lombo take center on the line with Tanguay and Iggy, I think it could bring some positive results...especially on the road where we need some jump. Conroy just doesn't seem to be showing up every night.

Just my frustrated rant.

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary View Post

I say Have Mclennan play in Phoenix and wherever else were playing after that, hopefully Kipper will be back on track.
I have to agree, from games i have watched Calgary play, the heart and desire is gone, the passion is gone, even Kipper doesn't seem to be the same...and i think Sutter knows that, and thats why he went and got Conroy... and thats why we are hearing that he might try and get Gelinas back... Have the core of the 04 team, and have better players to go with it.... I think now the team is dependent on each other, as before everyone knew they had to step up, now there are so many good players on the team, everyone takes less work load because of all the better players this team has....

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:18 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary View Post
They have plenty when playing at home, but for whatever reason just continue to look lost on the road. If they're not looking lost, they're showing up when it's too late and getting caught playing catch-up hockey. It's very ****ing frustrating to watch. Not to mention our ability to take the most careless stupid penalties at the absolute worse times.

Old
02-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Gawd...what is wrong with Neilson...he looked absolutely terrible!!! Our defence is playing very lazy, and does anyone else notice that every time our defence clears the puck up the boards there is no forward to be found? I am having a tough time figuring out this defensive zone coverage. Also our penalty kill is enough to induce vomitting. I understand Kipper faced alot of rubber in the first, but his rebound control is going down the crapper...that used to be his best quality. I would like to see Lombo take center on the line with Tanguay and Iggy, I think it could bring some positive results...especially on the road where we need some jump. Conroy just doesn't seem to be showing up every night.

Just my frustrated rant.
To me, rebound control is the most important attribute to a goalie and will determine their success, it is also the attribute that seperates the superstar goalies from the average ones... Alex Auld has terrible rebound control and that is why he will never live up to his potential.... If i am a scout, that would be the first attribute i look for in a goalie, obviously size is one, but if they have great rebound control.... they have a future...

Canucks19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
does anyone else notice that every time our defence clears the puck up the boards there is no forward to be found?
Yep. I was telling my buddy the exact same thing tonight while watching the game. Or it seems when one of our guys has the puck and takes off on a rush, there barely ever seems to be someone there to take the pass or rebound, often costing us a good chance at a goal. We move very poorly as a unit on the ice a lot of the time, especially on the road. Some nights we play like Cup contenders, other nights we play like a team full of rookies. There is no excuse for that with a team of this much talent.

I also agree with you on Kiprusoff's lack of rebound control as of late.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 02-21-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old
02-21-2007, 12:54 AM
TheMedicineMan

i see some things that are wrong with the team right now:

1) no desire to do anything, no heart, it's like watching 21 or however many people go to the same boring job everyday to collect a nice paycheck. Maybe this boils down to the coaching, good coaches put that desire to win into when you don't have it but who know's.

2) Most of our defence looks like they're skating with anvils in their skates and are afraid to lay the body on the opposing team, trying to play the puck too much instead of the body etc.

3) We are TERRIBLE without godard in the lineup... like ***? seriously though has anybody else noticed this?

4) Goaltending ain't it's usual stellar self, kipper getting too much time and mclennan not enough. From what i've seen from mclennan he deserves to play more. maybe even every 5 games to keep kipper refreshed and healthy for the playoffs.

5) Since Iginla has gotten back the only 2 forwards who have kept their game where it was when he was out is juice and langs tanguay has be alright but not where he was and conroy is well... just... very average, maybe needs a 3rd line role as a shutdown guy.

feel free to add to the list and give all your questions, comments and concerns

TheMedicineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:07 AM
kruezer

I am not on the fire Playfair bandwagon in the least, as the team seems to have no heart on the road at all, but it seems to me that an explanation for some of the teams road losses could simply be that Jim is getting outcoached when he doesn't have last change. I think he may still need to learn matchups and benchcoaching a bit more yet

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Popcorn_Shrimp*

tough one guys.......there is one bright spot....
the caucks won!!

Popcorn_Shrimp* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_flyboi View Post
the caucks won!!
About time. I think this is the first time the Vacouver Caucks have won all season.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
the caucks won!!
I have absolutely no reason to disagree with the reputation that Canuck fans have on this board. For every one good poster we have, we have three that troll around other team's boards starting ****. It's absolutely embarassing.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 08:36 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
I am not on the fire Playfair bandwagon in the least, as the team seems to have no heart on the road at all, but it seems to me that an explanation for some of the teams road losses could simply be that Jim is getting outcoached when he doesn't have last change. I think he may still need to learn matchups and benchcoaching a bit more yet
Don't underestimate the the confidence boost the home crowd can give. Playfair is also a hell of a coach at home, but I agree he's made some boneheaded decisions on the road, at least as I see it. The extremely thin air up here probably helps as well.

I'm on the fire Playfair bandwagon, assuming that Scotty Bowman wants to come out of retirement to coach for the Flames.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:04 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
the caucks won!!
Good, now use it to light your way back to your board where you can share your insight with those who actually care.

Old
02-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
the caucks won!!
Who are these "cauks" that you speak of? Should that be spelled with a different vowel?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLeone View Post
Don't underestimate the the confidence boost the home crowd can give. Playfair is also a hell of a coach at home, but I agree he's made some boneheaded decisions on the road, at least as I see it. The extremely thin air up here probably helps as well.

I'm on the fire Playfair bandwagon, assuming that Scotty Bowman wants to come out of retirement to coach for the Flames.
Definitely good points as well, I think I am at the point of grasping at straws to explain the road problems.

And I would welcome Bowman with open arms

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote