HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2014, 05:13 PM
  #201
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
What about Geddes? Was hoping some Stoon input guess just not interesting enough.

nah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
  #202
Superbowlfishca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
RE Gedes/ Dubas

Forgot about him. I would put him in same category as a lot of south goalies. He has had an up and down year. This playoff will be huge for him. If he can carry Yorkton to a league win and perform well at Sask first that would open alot of eyes but as mentioned previously it is tough for 15 year old goalies to break into league.

I also forgot to mention Cody Dubas a Yorkton Dman. He has improved greatly and with a great playoff could elevate his status with the scouts.


Last edited by Superbowlfishca: 03-07-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Superbowlfishca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 02:44 PM
  #203
Hockeynoitall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Sask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowlfishca View Post
Forgot about him. I would put him in same category as a lot of south goalies. He has had an up and down year. This playoff will be huge for him. If he can carry Yorkton to a league win and perform well at Sask first that would open alot of eyes but as mentioned previously it is tough for 15 year old goalies to break into league.

I also forgot to mention Cody Dubas a Yorkton Dman. He has improved greatly and with a great playoff could elevate his status with the scouts.
Anyone want to shed some light on the Sask First Tournament. How do you rank the Zones? Predictions?

Hockeynoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 01:22 PM
  #204
hockeyviewer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
In pool A it will be between zones 5&8. 5 has the better overall offense but I think 8 defense and goaltending will win out. 1&3 will be in trouble against the other 2. In pool B it will be zone 6-Saskatoon over the rest. Zone 7 may come close if tuchscherer and Gryzbowski stand out but looks like a weaker defensive team than the rest but I think zine 4 will be between in pool play. It will be 8 over 6 in a close A final 5 over 4 in B 7 over 1 in C and 3 over 2 in D. The play of the "A" players on some of the teams could change this as I don't know about any if them

hockeyviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
  #205
lefthook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
So who is gonna take the south ? I said Yorkton but ???

lefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 09:00 AM
  #206
Hockeynoitall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
South

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
So who is gonna take the south ? I said Yorkton but ???
If the coach from Prairie Storm shortens up his bench when he needs to then they have a chance to beat Yorkton. If they don't, then Yorkton will win just because they are much deeper than the Storm. My thoughts are Yorkton will sweep. Just thinking that if Yorkton still had Kustra and Foster then they are a shoe in for Provincial Champs and would compete at westerns. Not saying they would win westerns but they would be competitive.

Hockeynoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
  #207
xcoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Sask Valley may have won the battle with Humboldt, but may have lost the war! Four of their top five forwards are not practicing due to injury. Without them, they cannot compete with NorthEast. Also, on coffee row, heard that Saskatoon will be allowed to go to 4 teams.

xcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
  #208
hockeyviewer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
I think Yorktons overall depth will defeat prairie storm in a series. PS is a very young team with key members being first years. Yorkton will take it this year but I don't think anyone will challenge PS next year. As for Sask Valley not practicing four top players I wouldn't read to much into that as they have just come off 2 tough 3 game series and are probably just resting them as they will be needed for a rested and looks like a healthy NE team. Actually maybe NE is too rested having over 10 days off since taking out PA in 2. They may take a while to get up to game speed which is probably why SV waited so long before scheduling game 1. Should be 2 very close series with the team that wants it the most winning

hockeyviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
  #209
Hockeynoitall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Yorkton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviewer View Post
I think Yorktons overall depth will defeat prairie storm in a series. PS is a very young team with key members being first years. Yorkton will take it this year but I don't think anyone will challenge PS next year. As for Sask Valley not practicing four top players I wouldn't read to much into that as they have just come off 2 tough 3 game series and are probably just resting them as they will be needed for a rested and looks like a healthy NE team. Actually maybe NE is too rested having over 10 days off since taking out PA in 2. They may take a while to get up to game speed which is probably why SV waited so long before scheduling game 1. Should be 2 very close series with the team that wants it the most winning
I think you are wrong by saying no one will challenge PS next year. If you look at Yorktons roster they have a handful of 2000's that are high end kids. Miller, Perepuluk, Taphorn twins, and others. The recent Sask winter games which was made mostly of Yorkton and area kids did not have much of a challenge. I project Yorkton winning it next year.

Hockeynoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 03:39 PM
  #210
Hockeynoitall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Saskatoon 4 Teams????

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
Sask Valley may have won the battle with Humboldt, but may have lost the war! Four of their top five forwards are not practicing due to injury. Without them, they cannot compete with NorthEast. Also, on coffee row, heard that Saskatoon will be allowed to go to 4 teams.
I hope this is just talk. I don't understand why we have to jump to making decisions based on one years performance. Let Saskatoon play in the league with the 5 teams for a 3 year term and then re evaluate it. I am getting sick and tired on hearing about how we cant compete with this many teams and then can we play with this many and bla, bla ! I had a 95 boy that played in the AA Bantam league and that year Saskatoon had teams in the league and competed very well and correct me if I am wrong but I believe they beat Lumsden in the Final? But then they opted out of the league for a few years and had their own city league and then they wanted back in the league again and agreed on 5 teams and now they want to go back into the league but with only 4 teams. What next? Saskatoon joining the league is a great thing but quit flexing your muscles whenever you want to get ahead.

Hockeynoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 10:41 AM
  #211
hockeyviewer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
Sask Valley may have won the battle with Humboldt, but may have lost the war! Four of their top five forwards are not practicing due to injury. Without them, they cannot compete with NorthEast. Also, on coffee row, heard that Saskatoon will be allowed to go to 4 teams.
Don't take injury reports this time of year to seriously. even bantam teams try to gain an advantage over not disclosing to much information or give out false reports

hockeyviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2014, 12:15 PM
  #212
TitanJofaDaoust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynoitall View Post
I hope this is just talk. I don't understand why we have to jump to making decisions based on one years performance. Let Saskatoon play in the league with the 5 teams for a 3 year term and then re evaluate it. I am getting sick and tired on hearing about how we cant compete with this many teams and then can we play with this many and bla, bla ! I had a 95 boy that played in the AA Bantam league and that year Saskatoon had teams in the league and competed very well and correct me if I am wrong but I believe they beat Lumsden in the Final? But then they opted out of the league for a few years and had their own city league and then they wanted back in the league again and agreed on 5 teams and now they want to go back into the league but with only 4 teams. What next? Saskatoon joining the league is a great thing but quit flexing your muscles whenever you want to get ahead.
For a few reasons Stoon should not drop to 4:

- its only been 1 year
- 4 of the 5 teams made the playoffs
- all teams were competitive
- north and south are balanced
- Stoon parents will not like lessening their son's chances of making 4 teams
- can't alter number of teams based on 'strong' years or 'weak' years

TitanJofaDaoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 09:17 AM
  #213
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoach View Post
Sask Valley may have won the battle with Humboldt, but may have lost the war! Four of their top five forwards are not practicing due to injury. Without them, they cannot compete with NorthEast. Also, on coffee row, heard that Saskatoon will be allowed to go to 4 teams.
Well looks like that was the case...SV were missing 3 of there top kids last night, and showed, they had a lot of shots, but just a handful of good scoring chances. Looks like they played 3 d all night? NE sent traffic to net and were rewarded, sv is in tough to in north.

nah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 01:21 PM
  #214
hockeyviewer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Who do you like in the provincial final. Yorkton has scored 50 (24 against MJ in first round) while NE has only given up 6(one shutout each round). NE has scored 22 while Yorkton has given up 15. Looks like it will be the scoring of Yorkton vs defense of NE.

hockeyviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 12:50 AM
  #215
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
I've enjoyed the last few weeks posts. Nice to hear various points of view. Saskatoon needs more than one year in the league before they start treating themselves likes king of the hill. Get another two seasons in and re-evaluate dropping. All of the teams were relatively competitive. As for NB, WC, you guys kidding? Ask around, parents were less than impressed and it's starts from the benches. Must be nice for the city folk to have the option of dropping or adding as they see fit. News flash, they ain't all making junior. In fact a small minute percentage of every player polished up and put on the mantle by people on this post will actually go on to have MEANINGFUL junior careers. So what's it about then? Development or glorification? Because when I coach it certainly is not for glorification. I'm developing players to the next level. Parents with integrity do not pay thousands of $$$ for glorification. They want the kids developing and competing. THAT is accomplished through coaching.

The topic at hand from what I'm hearing is levelling the field. The geography of the province makes things difficult in some areas. If everyone is so concerned about the bully SV well maybe Saskatoon can go back to a six team league with SV and throw in Clavet area too. It's as ridiculous.

Leave it alone, get people to stop manipulating the system (star struck parents), get the kids to actually play where they're raised and retain quality coaching. The entire conversation goes nowhere folks. The collusion that goes on still with moving in players with relatives, friends, etc tells me that there will never be a solution. Make all the boundaries you want, parents will get their kids playing with whomever they want. Rumour is PS is making a push next year.... Guess where kids are moving to! Kids aren't pulling the strings here folks. Any one of us who've been around the game long enough knows the routine. Who suffers in the end? The kids home association that his/her mis-guided parents are leaving in the rear view mirror for one glory season. We've all seen it folks.

PokeCheck101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 12:53 AM
  #216
PokeCheck101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviewer View Post
Who do you like in the provincial final. Yorkton has scored 50 (24 against MJ in first round) while NE has only given up 6(one shutout each round). NE has scored 22 while Yorkton has given up 15. Looks like it will be the scoring of Yorkton vs defense of NE.
Defense wins championships. I'm going with NE.

PokeCheck101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:16 PM
  #217
dickiedunnwrotethis
Registered User
 
dickiedunnwrotethis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviewer View Post
Who do you like in the provincial final. Yorkton has scored 50 (24 against MJ in first round) while NE has only given up 6(one shutout each round). NE has scored 22 while Yorkton has given up 15. Looks like it will be the scoring of Yorkton vs defense of NE.
Yorkton. Too much skill.

Given the losses they suffered before the season began, and the generally lacklustre bantam teams they've produced over the last few years, I really hope they can pull it out. Arps will be tough, though.

dickiedunnwrotethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 10:55 PM
  #218
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
Defense wins championships. I'm going with NE.
If defense wins championships, Yorkton will win. NE wild card will be Arps, who is quite a bit better than Geddes, but overall team depth in Yorkton far exceeds NE. NE beat P.A, and SV on the road to the north championship, both those teams were good, P.A lost a close one in NE with a min left to tie series, and SV played without 4 of there top players. They will need to be better to beat Yorkton, plain and simple. Word also is that one of NE top players will miss because of injury, that will change a lot if it's Tuffs or Bzdel. I'm pulling for the north, would be nice to see them win. GO Wolfpack!

nah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:14 AM
  #219
icnet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
I would bet Yorkton will take it. Good Luck to both teams; should be a good series.

icnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:25 AM
  #220
hockeyviewer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
I noticed all other representatives are set for the western championships. Why is saskatchewan so late? The league finals here were not even scheduled to start before everyone else was finished. The league rep may only have one day to make arrangements to get to kelowna. Sask team will be in tough as it is and this will only make it harder for them to compete. They may finish Sunday night have Monday to make travel arrangements travel Tuesday get there early Wednesday if lucky then play Thursday. Terrific planning by SHA. Definitely not fair to the team that has fought their way to represent the province.

hockeyviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:08 PM
  #221
Ontheice18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
If defense wins championships, Yorkton will win. NE wild card will be Arps, who is quite a bit better than Geddes, but overall team depth in Yorkton far exceeds NE. NE beat P.A, and SV on the road to the north championship, both those teams were good, P.A lost a close one in NE with a min left to tie series, and SV played without 4 of there top players. They will need to be better to beat Yorkton, plain and simple. Word also is that one of NE top players will miss because of injury, that will change a lot if it's Tuffs or Bzdel. I'm pulling for the north, would be nice to see them win. GO Wolfpack!
This should be a good series. Both teams have swept the other rounds in two. I do think Yorkton has more talent but NE always seems to find a way to win. Arps is very strong between the pipes and NE has some very smart and strong defence men that make it hard to score. Yorktons depth may make it hard for NE at times. Both teams have had a good rest and seem relatively healthy so we should see some good hockey.

Ontheice18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 08:41 AM
  #222
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Was listening to a group of stoon faithful on Sunday conversing about the current league status. I was sitting in front of them at the hockey game (huskies), and was shocked at what was being said. First off, Saskatoon will never be happy as a whole, secondly, I would rather see them return back to there own league with the comments made. Really is frustrating listening to that kind of made up BS.

nah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 08:55 AM
  #223
nah68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
Was listening to a group of stoon faithful on Sunday conversing about the current league status. I was sitting in front of them at the hockey game (huskies), and was shocked at what was being said. First off, Saskatoon will never be happy as a whole, secondly, I would rather see them return back to there own league with the comments made. Really is frustrating listening to that kind of made up BS.
This comment wasn't made to start a war, it was made to bring to the attention that there are a lot of misinformed people out there.

nah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:06 AM
  #224
shades
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Misinformed

Nah68 please enlighten us on what you heard.

shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
  #225
lefthook
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
regardless, Saskatoon did very well this year and nobody can say anything different (except those that think they must win all the time ) It turned out great this year with them in the league and I would hope they realize that
as for yorkton playing ne - could go either way , I would say looking at games they played this year vs each other yorkton has the edge , both games were 1 goal spread , but ne has not had there whole team in either of those games so this could be interesting ! good luck to both teams

lefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.