HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Offical Prucha Power Game Day Thread 2/20/07 Nyr @ Njd

Old
02-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Guttersnipe
Leave Zubrus Alone!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
who grabbed Avery in the little scrum? The paper said Rafalski, I had originally thought it was Brylin (both have a #8, both the same size, both in a Devils jersey and I couldn't tell at the time if he was a right-handed or left-handed shot).
I've watched the replay. It was Rafalski, he was a foot away from the shoving match. White was going to jump on, but Prucha tackled him and wisely restrained the only Devil on the ice capable of kicking the crap out of Avery. Madden tried to pull Prucha off, gave up when a ref comes over and helped Brylin hold off Ward.

Nylander vainly tried to restrain Jamie "anger management" Langenbrunner, but Langs got free and jumped on the Avery pile. While Rachunek tried to pull Rafalski off of Avery, Nylander was standing over the pile pointing at Langs and calling to the ref, presumably hoping Langs would get a instigator penalty.

When the refs come over, Nylander leaves and goes over to Madden. They grab each other's jersey as a symbolic gesture, but can't do much else since Madden is wearing a metal cage over his broken face.

Two refs begin to pull apart the Avery pile, one pulling Rachunek off Rafalski while the other pulls Langs off Avery. A ref finally breaks up the White/Prucha wrestling match and warns White as he skates off.

Fun's over and Avery finally gets up, then White gives him a poke and says something. Ward and White have a lowkey shoving match and a few words.

Best Part: tie - Prucha's tackle and wrestling match w/ White
- Cam shuffling to the end of the bench and mouthing
off to Lundqvist

Worst Part: people calling this a brawl when there was zero fighting
majors

Guttersnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

LOL check this out from the NHL main board:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=348335

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I don't have trouble reading, I just have trouble when loyalties are questioned and 'fair weather' accusations are bandied out whenever a member has something reactionary to say in regards to a loss. Yeah, last season was a cheerleader's paradise, but the seven prior were miserable. I'm saying that your comment is shortsighted in its relation to the Rangers futility. This team has missed the playoffs 9 times (including this season) in 15 years. Eight of those misses have come over the last 9 seasons. I don't think one good season suddenly galvanizes everyone on the board. Coming here to kick the dog a little bit is healthy. I mean, what better place to blow some steam than one with people who can at least understand it.

Never questioned loyalties, just the micro managing and constant complaints! I've seen alot more than 7-8 years of miserable hockey played at the garden....and I also realize the philosophy and culture is changing for the better,even if the progress is slower than I or anyone else would like.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Don't worry Sam and Joe did their fair share of Devils ass kissing too. They disgust me. They make me not want to watch the Rangers on TV because of how much they kiss the Devil's *****.

Anyway, I love how Avery gets crosschecked from behind (straight on the numbers, watch the replay if you'd like) and there's no penalty while the Devils go back the other way and score. I love how the refs always manage to screw over the Rangers when they play the Devils.
its not just against the rangers. the devils get this treatment every game and then always manage to win by one goal. they are good but extremely lucky too.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Understandable. It's a tough balance because it's not black and white.

And I wasn't fishing for the position by any stretch, if you guys wanted I'd be willing to help because I'm in a different time zone (3 hours behind). Though I'll honestly say that I still think Fletch has the ideal temperment for a Mod (I don't know if I'm complimenting him here or throwing him under the bus).
I should mod. I'd ban everyone!

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I should mod. I'd ban everyone!
Yeah I can see you going mad with power.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Fletch

Thanks Gutter...

very descriptive.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote