HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Newer OT Thread

Old
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Well, okay, not too much to cheer on IMO... 2 people killed and 4 more injured. Let's not pat ourselves on the back for something like this yet, it's what should be done.
Hey, I am celebrating that this piece of trash is off the streets. Do you want to see him still at large and he murders one of your loved ones while getting away? I'm not celebrating about the deaths...those are horrible. But what can we do about the dead now? all we can do is give thoughts and prayers to the families and help them cope with the loss. I mean, I wish we could bring them all back from the dead, but in reality, we can't.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 01:09 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Anyone know of any indoor batting cages in the area?

03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Dave

I think kinsmen might have one, river valley kinsmen, not the arenas.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Rita12

OT: Car Starter for Audi

Hey Guys, I just bought a 2005 Audi quattro A4 1.8L. I have to park it outside during winter so I am wanting to get a car starter for it. I have heard that putting car starters in audis is very problematic becasue of their complex anti-theft system and that this may cause lots of problems in the future.

Has anyone heard of this and if not does anyone have any recommendations of where to go to install one and which brand to buy? Budget is not an issue for a car starter I want something that will hopefully last a long time and give me as little trouble as possible. I respect your guys' opinions so knew it would be worthwhile to post in this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Rita12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 09:18 AM
SerbianEagle

Canada post

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with Canada Post losing their mail? I am basically sitting at around 40% of mail that I am supposed to receive not getting to me.

Some of the mail is not important, while some is crucial and this kinda sucks...Not even sure if its worth complaining to Canada Post...

SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 01:39 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post
I was wondering if anyone is having issues with Canada Post losing their mail? I am basically sitting at around 40% of mail that I am supposed to receive not getting to me.

Some of the mail is not important, while some is crucial and this kinda sucks...Not even sure if its worth complaining to Canada Post...
I've had this happen where they don't deliver it.

I also had an icy walkway though and needed to shovel the snow

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 08:56 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:

Canada Post is losing a significant number of carriers due to the mail delivering process changes which were instituted last year. I am being told that this has resulted in some routes not getting delivered at all for days at a time.

Not a good situation.

Its going to get worse as door to door delivery will be gone within 1-2 years. Super mailboxes for everyone is coming.

Canada Post is not what it used to be.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Anybody know if any of the bars/pubs in Spruce Grove offer shuttles to and from Oilers games?

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Is it wrong when you look at the medal finals in the Paralympics and see Russia 1st with 80 medals, Germany in 2nd with 15 medals and Canada in 3rd with 16 medals? I bet you those Russians are not even handicapped to win THAT many medals...

http://www.sochi2014.com/en/paralympic/medals

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Dave

Anyone have recommendations for dry cleaners in edmonton? Any idea of prices for things like a duvet or a 2pc suit?

Old
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Philly85
Moody'

I like Maggie M's off of 23rd ave in the south side. I've had alterations done and dry cleaning for blazers, suit jackets, pants, dress shirts. It's not very expensive.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Dave

I'll check them out, thanks.

Old
03-26-2014, 09:11 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Canada Post is losing a significant number of carriers due to the mail delivering process changes which were instituted last year. I am being told that this has resulted in some routes not getting delivered at all for days at a time.

Not a good situation.

Its going to get worse as door to door delivery will be gone within 1-2 years. Super mailboxes for everyone is coming.

Canada Post is not what it used to be.
Really not seeing the point in mail anymore anyway. Should just do it like the small towns and make people go pick it up at offices. You want mail delivered then make the people pay that want it delivered to their home.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Really not seeing the point in mail anymore anyway. Should just do it like the small towns and make people go pick it up at offices. You want mail delivered then make the people pay that want it delivered to their home.
What about seniors, people with conditions, disabilities or whatever else? What about the increase in the amount of transit on the roads, the hassle of it all, particularly during the winter season? I think of all places in the world where delivering the mail still benefits the general population it would be Canada. Not everything has to be for profit.

Last edited by Philly85: 03-26-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old
03-26-2014, 08:31 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Help with a Project for school??

Hey guys, I need some people to fill out a survey. If you're from France, have been to France (and witnessed the market) or have friends from France that could fill out this survey, it would help me so much! Should just take 2 minutes!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/63KZ62Z

Last edited by notloilersfan: 03-26-2014 at 08:50 PM.
notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
What about seniors, people with conditions, disabilities or whatever else? What about the increase in the amount of transit on the roads, the hassle of it all, particularly during the winter season? I think of all places in the world where delivering the mail still benefits the general population it would be Canada. Not everything has to be for profit.
Not saying make a profit on it. I'm suggesting that the people using it should start paying for it. No different than the transit system, we all subsidize it, but the people that use it have to pay a fee. We live in an era that you don't actually need mail, so why continue to waste money on it?

Want to setup special provisions for seniors or disabilities then so be it, but as time goes on more and more people will be getting their mail electronically.

That and a lot of companies have already started phasing out mail by charging for physical copies, so I don't really see the issue with the government doing the same.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Not saying make a profit on it. I'm suggesting that the people using it should start paying for it. No different than the transit system, we all subsidize it, but the people that use it have to pay a fee. We live in an era that you don't actually need mail, so why continue to waste money on it?

Want to setup special provisions for seniors or disabilities then so be it, but as time goes on more and more people will be getting their mail electronically.

That and a lot of companies have already started phasing out mail by charging for physical copies, so I don't really see the issue with the government doing the same.
Everybody still uses mail at some point. Whether its from federal or provincial government, whether its from overseas...people still have a use for delivered mail and honestly your suggestion is really shortsighed.

You don't use it? Thats great that you can get away without it. But, go ahead and set up a business and tell me you no longer have a need for delivered mail. Any sort of government application gets mail delivered to you.

The lineup at post offices is already long enough with people sending packages. Imagine if people had to go there to get their mail?

SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 12:52 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Everybody still uses mail at some point. Whether its from federal or provincial government, whether its from overseas...people still have a use for delivered mail and honestly your suggestion is really shortsighed.

You don't use it? Thats great that you can get away without it. But, go ahead and set up a business and tell me you no longer have a need for delivered mail. Any sort of government application gets mail delivered to you.

The lineup at post offices is already long enough with people sending packages. Imagine if people had to go there to get their mail?
I worked at a business the majority of documents are done through courier and email. anything that does go through regular mail is small companies that eventually will have to change with the times.

Can't see why the government couldn't start emailing forms like everyone else.

Mail service is slowly dying, be prepared for the change. If you don't think it's going to happen you are only kidding yourself.

Old
03-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Jesus, I always knew people on TV were the most self-important people on earth but the whole goodbye to Carrie Doll was the most nauseating thing I've seen in a while. You're a news anchor, people watch it for the news, you're not the princess stepping down from your throne. Say goodbye and get lost.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Dave

She does a lot of charity work, so good for her, but ultimately I agree. I can't stand her.

Old
03-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Can happily say I've never watched or had to sit through a Carrie Doll newscast. Much prefer Global or CBC or News channels.

Most news I get from print or online though. Gone are the days when I find out things watching the news.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Philly85
Moody'

I always watch Global instead of CTV for evening news. Both Global National and local.

Old
03-29-2014, 05:04 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Jesus, I always knew people on TV were the most self-important people on earth but the whole goodbye to Carrie Doll was the most nauseating thing I've seen in a while. You're a news anchor, people watch it for the news, you're not the princess stepping down from your throne. Say goodbye and get lost.
Didn't watch it, but I remember Bill Matheson's retirement on the old ITV. I miss the old guy.

The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
MoneyGuy

Where is Carrie Doll going?

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Where is Carrie Doll going?
Home, looking after kids and making TV dinners.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote