HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Kentti

vCash: 500
Highlights from yesterday's TT's last Liiga game: http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/sm-liig...okerit-1632014

Old
03-17-2014, 10:06 AM
hawksfan50

You gotta see the highlight video from Sunday's Notre Dame 4-2 win over Boston College to advance to the Hockey East semi-finals..Particularly the end to end rush goal by Stephen Johns. .wow! He has been a significant difference-maker for ND in their wins over BC.. In this game Hinostroza makes a turnover card by Hayes and BC scared...in the 2nd game of the 3 in their playoff round,Hayes I think was the one who Stripped Johns of the pick and that turnover led to oa BC goal and in game 1 of the series I believe it was Hinostroza who Stripped Hayes of the puck causing a turnover leading to a Notre Dame goal..So despite greal offensive production from all 3 of our prize prospects in this series they all had 1 key turnover that resulted in goals..which is why Q will not trust them and probably router their natural scoring instincts in favour of do not make mistake hockey...but great offense has to take risks...and you hope either teammates cover for such mistakes to bail them put when they happen..or their goaliea does..or that over time the great offensive players realize when to risk and when not to take chances. Still only 1 big mistake and all those goals and assists...well I can live with ratios.like that. Goto the hockeyeastonline.com website to view highlights.

Old
03-17-2014, 02:10 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
You gotta see the highlight video from Sunday's Notre Dame 4-2 win over Boston College to advance to the Hockey East semi-finals..Particularly the end to end rush goal by Stephen Johns. .wow! He has been a significant difference-maker for ND in their wins over BC.. In this game Hinostroza makes a turnover card by Hayes and BC scared...in the 2nd game of the 3 in their playoff round,Hayes I think was the one who Stripped Johns of the pick and that turnover led to oa BC goal and in game 1 of the series I believe it was Hinostroza who Stripped Hayes of the puck causing a turnover leading to a Notre Dame goal..So despite greal offensive production from all 3 of our prize prospects in this series they all had 1 key turnover that resulted in goals..which is why Q will not trust them and probably router their natural scoring instincts in favour of do not make mistake hockey...but great offense has to take risks...and you hope either teammates cover for such mistakes to bail them put when they happen..or their goaliea does..or that over time the great offensive players realize when to risk and when not to take chances. Still only 1 big mistake and all those goals and assists...well I can live with ratios.like that. Goto the hockeyeastonline.com website to view highlights.
Thanks for the heads-up. Pretty nice highlights. Didn't see Chris Calnan, but Hayes, Johns and Hinostroza all look pretty good. I was especially impressed with Hayes passing - pretty nice hands for a big guy.

Old
03-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Sevanston

That was really the kind of series that you want prospects to have. It was only three games but Johns, Hinostroza, and Hayes all took on strong roles, each coming out above a PPG. Calnan didn't get any points, but since he's a 4th liner so that'd be the wrong way to judge his contributions to the team.

This is the first time BC's been out of the Hockey East semis in something like 10 years. But with this win, both teams have now locked up a spot in the NCAA tournament, so there's a chance they could be meeting again in a few weeks.

And here's an article praising Johns' work with Notre Dame.

Old
03-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Hawkscap

Hawks signed Mashinter for 2 more years.

Old
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Blue Liner

The USNTDP U17 Camp Roster was named about a week ago. Illinois well represented.

You'll see some familiar last names on the list.

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/...rrer_id=666974

Old
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Kevin Hayes has been named as a top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker award.

Impressive, can't wait for his season to be done so we can get him signed to a contract!

Old
03-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Blue Liner

Per Twitter, the Hawks have signed St. Lawrence (NCAA) freshman forward Matt Carey to an entry level contract and he is on his way to Chicago tomorrow and will be at practice Saturday.

Old
03-20-2014, 05:30 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Doesn't Carey put us at 49 contracts? Means we can't sign on of Johns or Hayes till offseason, correct?

Old
03-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Doesn't Carey put us at 49 contracts? Means we can't sign on of Johns or Hayes till offseason, correct?
I think that was the plan anyway.

Old
03-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Taze em

I hope this doesn't mean that one of Hayes and Johns is going to sign elsewhere.

This Carey kid's stats look pretty good though.

Old
03-20-2014, 05:59 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Yeah. I'm pretty worried about losing Johns. Counting him, we have around 10 D all wanting to play in the bigs right?

Old
03-20-2014, 06:08 PM
TwistedWrister90

I'm pretty sure both Johns and Hayes will eventually be signed. There are a lot of contracts running out after this season.

For the D next year in Chicago, it's looking like:

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Rozsival/Rundblad
Rozsival/Rundblad

And in Rockford:

Dahlbeck Clendening
Fournier Johns
Svedberg Brisebois

Someone could always be traded/called up too. That's some pretty amazing depth at D.

Old
03-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Hawkaholic

There is never anything wrong with adding more talent. Carey isn't NHL ready from what I read, so TT, nor any other C prospect is being pushed back. Danault and McNeill will probably be wingers in the NHL.

Im not worried about Johns nor Hayes, I think they both really want to sign here.

Old
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't think it matters much, but Johns' twitter page was revamped after he came to Prospect camp last year. He never had anything in his Bio except "Wampum.. meat" and ever since Prospect camp, his bio reads: Wampum. Notre Dame Hockey. Chicago Blackhawks Prospect. Meat.

And Hayes has said a couple times that he intends to sign with Chicago at the end of the season.

The Hawks could sign both guys (depending on how long their seasons last) to NHL deals that start next season, and have them sign AHL deals in the interim. Not positive they can do that, but I'm pretty sure they could.

Old
03-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
I don't think it matters much, but Johns' twitter page was revamped after he came to Prospect camp last year. He never had anything in his Bio except "Wampum.. meat" and ever since Prospect camp, his bio reads: Wampum. Notre Dame Hockey. Chicago Blackhawks Prospect. Meat.

And Hayes has said a couple times that he intends to sign with Chicago at the end of the season.

The Hawks could sign both guys (depending on how long their seasons last) to NHL deals that start next season, and have them sign AHL deals in the interim. Not positive they can do that, but I'm pretty sure they could.
I think they have signed prospects before to AHL deals, and a NHL deal that started the following year.

I imagine they would sign Hayes for this year to see if he can play now, and give an AHL deal to Johns for this year, if possible.

Old
03-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not worried about losing Hayes. More about Johns

Old
03-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Hawkscap

Johns has to be worried about the depth and Q's defensive style.

Old
03-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
The USNTDP U17 Camp Roster was named about a week ago. Illinois well represented.

You'll see some familiar last names on the list.

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/...rrer_id=666974
Nice link, I missed this.

Mission still pushing them on and up! Another Mersch! First Little Mike, now the baby.

Old
03-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Carey's contract (and likewise Fournier's) technically doesn't go into effect until July 1.

Old
03-21-2014, 09:19 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Carey's contract (and likewise Fournier's) technically doesn't go into effect until July 1.
derp :/ thanks

Old
03-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post

Here is the rule

(a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3
goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit.

The way I look at it
Hartman doesn't count
TT and Carey do count

Old
03-21-2014, 10:49 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Nice link, I missed this.

Mission still pushing them on and up! Another Mersch! First Little Mike, now the baby.
he is just as solid as his older bro!

Old
03-21-2014, 10:53 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkscap View Post
Johns has to be worried about the depth and Q's defensive style.
not really. we have a lot of skilled puck movers, but very little in the way of bone crunching stay at home defenders. Johns has a place almost right away on this team if the Hawks decide it. I think he plays ahead of Dahlbeck and I seriously doubt Rosi is back next year.

Johns would be the ideal #7 to start the season, possibly #6 if he plays really well in camp. His size and skillset is exactly what Seabrook has been wishing for to help take some of that burden off of him.

Old
03-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
not really. we have a lot of skilled puck movers, but very little in the way of bone crunching stay at home defenders. Johns has a place almost right away on this team if the Hawks decide it. I think he plays ahead of Dahlbeck and I seriously doubt Rosi is back next year.

Johns would be the ideal #7 to start the season, possibly #6 if he plays really well in camp. His size and skillset is exactly what Seabrook has been wishing for to help take some of that burden off of him.
John could see the top 4 locked up for the next 5 years at least. Does he see a btter shot of cracking a top 4 somewhere else.

Remember he holds the cards on this.

Closed Thread