HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League 2013-14 Part Cinq - Controller Unplugged Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Will never get tired of seeing Detroit lose. Call me a hater.
Here's to hoping they miss the playoffs altogether. For the East, however, I think they would have to bat under .200 for that to occur.

03-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Not odd at all. It means he is missing a plug-in for his web browser that those web sites are requiring.
It should simply not load part off the site then. Whenever I don't have a plug-in (or have one that's out of date) it simply doesn't load that image or video. Then again, I don't know what you guys do in Windows land.

Old
03-17-2014, 12:00 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

The last time the kings and Avs were in the playoffs they eliminated us... Roy was unbeatable... What's the chances were both in, a row is a part of their team.. Trauma.

Old
03-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

The Avalanche's speed will give the Kings trouble if they meet. And I certainly don't want to see every game 6-5, 6-4, or 6-3 because the Kings will lose the majority of those.

Old
03-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
The Avalanche's speed will give the Kings trouble if they meet. And I certainly don't want to see every game 6-5, 6-4, or 6-3 because the Kings will lose the majority of those.
Only way we meet them is in the west final. I would take that. Would way rather face them then St. Louis or Chicago.
The avs goaltending is unproven and their defensive depth sucks.

Old
03-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Only way we meet them is in the west final. I would take that. Would way rather face them then St. Louis or Chicago.
The avs goaltending is unproven and their defensive depth sucks.
Yup. The new playoff system was definitely promulgated to build rivalries (or course, St. Louis and Chicago are knee-deep in rivalry already). We will always have to go through ANA and SJS to get to the conference finals, unless there are upsets with wild cards along the way.

Old
03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yup. The new playoff system was definitely promulgated to build rivalries (or course, St. Louis and Chicago are knee-deep in rivalry already). We will always have to go through ANA and SJS to get to the conference finals, unless there are upsets with wild cards along the way.
I am hoping that San Jose takes tops in the Pacific. it will hope the rivalry with the ducks which is good for LA hockey, and also because I think LA has a better chance at the ducks in a seven game series than the Sharks.

Old
03-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

My goodness the Minnesota Wild uniforms are butt ugly. That logo is so gaudy and what is with the size of the nameplate? It's gigantic!

Old
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Dawdler

things got chippy at the end in St. Louis, fun to watch

Old
03-17-2014, 11:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The Canucks are still circling the bowl. Only the inability of the teams immediately ahead of them to put some distance between them has kept them from being completely flushed.

Old
03-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Been concentrating on the Kings so much haven't paid much attention to the rest of the league but if things continue to hold both the Canucks and Red Wings will miss the playoffs.

And that would be ****ing awesome.

Old
03-18-2014, 07:37 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
My goodness the Minnesota Wild uniforms are butt ugly. That logo is so gaudy and what is with the size of the nameplate? It's gigantic!

???

Yeah for some reason the Wild's white jerseys seemingly have namplates half the size of the numbers. It's sad because their green third jerseys could've been one of the best in the league if they added a bit more red to them and reduced the amount of tan.

Old
03-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Entertaining game between Philly and Chicago on NBCSN and this may have been the first time I've seen Simmonds get worked in a fight against Bickell.

Should be fun to see Penner return against his former team tonight as well. In fact, that game is about to start.

Old
03-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Not even 5 mins in and it's already a 1-1 game between the Caps and Ducks.

Old
03-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

I just had the mental image of Ovechkin breaking both of Regher's ankles...

Old
03-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

???

Yeah for some reason the Wild's white jerseys seemingly have namplates half the size of the numbers. It's sad because their green third jerseys could've been one of the best in the league if they added a bit more red to them and reduced the amount of tan.
Seriously, look at the size of the damn nameplate!

The guy in the North Face sweatshirt is like "**** this ****!"

Old
03-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Naturally, the Ducks start acting like entitled brats whenever they are losing and the game is reaching its dying moments.

Old
03-19-2014, 07:11 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Oh man, the ducks have Ottawas First. I forgot about that.. Damn that's lucky, Anaheim is gonna have some awesome picks for this draft.

Old
03-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Oh man, the ducks have Ottawas First. I forgot about that.. Damn that's lucky, Anaheim is gonna have some awesome picks for this draft.
I still think they use it in a package to get Kessler. either way they are going to be really good for a long time.

Old
03-19-2014, 11:55 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I still think they use it in a package to get Kessler. either way they are going to be really good for a long time.
Are the Ducks good now? I'm honestly still conflicted on whether they are a good hockey team or have been thriving and surviving the past 18 months on scheduling, lucky bounces, and decent goaltending...

They don't scare me at all come playoff time mostly due to the fact that I don't see how the Kings wouldn't be able to wear them down and manhandle them while dominating possession stats in a 7 game series. Way more scared of Chicago, San Jose, St. Louis or even Colorado than the Ducks at this point.

Old
03-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'm really starting to believe that our Kings are somewhat unique in that they have nobody to fear but themselves. Either they'll show up and beat everyone and everything, or they make it hard on themselves and we'll simply see how far they get.

I know that sounds kind of arrogant and derogatory to the efforts of our opponents, but we've all seen them "flip the switch" numerous times over the past couple years, its getting hard to ignore. This season has been so darn weird, eventual matchups mean less and less to me.

Old
03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Are the Ducks good now? I'm honestly still conflicted on whether they are a good hockey team or have been thriving and surviving the past 18 months on scheduling, lucky bounces, and decent goaltending...

They don't scare me at all come playoff time mostly due to the fact that I don't see how the Kings wouldn't be able to wear them down and manhandle them while dominating possession stats in a 7 game series. Way more scared of Chicago, San Jose, St. Louis or even Colorado than the Ducks at this point.
If St.Louis can shake off their playoff demons, they probably come out of the Central. They're 20-0-2 vs Central teams. Hell if they didn't meet us in Rds 2 and Rds 1 the last two years, they may have gotten to the Conference Finals. Now they won't have to deal with us until the Conference Finals should both teams make it.

Old
03-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Perro

Quote:

ok but they are set up to be good in the future. They have good prospects and high draft picks to use to bolster a good roster. I really like their forward depth.
I am not worried about them in the playoffs either as their D is not that solid.

Old
03-19-2014, 12:48 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I'm really starting to believe that our Kings are somewhat unique in that they have nobody to fear but themselves. Either they'll show up and beat everyone and everything, or they make it hard on themselves and we'll simply see how far they get.

I know that sounds kind of arrogant and derogatory to the efforts of our opponents, but we've all seen them "flip the switch" numerous times over the past couple years, its getting hard to ignore. This season has been so darn weird, eventual matchups mean less and less to me.
You look at last year, and the Kings got the conference final on the backs of basically Voynov, Carter, Richards, Williams in Game 7, and Quick. Especially Quick. Home ice helped out against SJ too. Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, none of them had a great playoff.

In 2012, the Kings won the Cup on the backs of Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and once again, Quick.

The difference between 12 and 13 was that in 12, almost everyone on the team had a moment. Richards had the hit(plus a goal and a an assist) in Game 1 against Vancouver that set a tone for the whole run. Richardson got the tying goal in Game 5. Lewis tracked down Hamhuis. Stoll with a series winner. Penner with a series winner. Fraser had the first goal of the Final. Kopitar had an OT winner, as did Carter. Doughty's goal in Game 2 against NJ. King had like 5 goals against the Coyotes. Hell, even Gagne coming back after all that time off gave the Kings an emotional boost in Game 3 against NJ.

If the Kings want to win the Cup again, they'll need Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick to lead them. They'll need 1 or 2 other guys that help support them. Then they'll need everyone else to fill in the moments. A great defensive play by Muzzin, a game winning goal by Clifford, the 13-14 version of Brown scoring 4 goals in a series, things like that.

Old
03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
If St.Louis can shake off their playoff demons, they probably come out of the Central. They're 20-0-2 vs Central teams. Hell if they didn't meet us in Rds 2 and Rds 1 the last two years, they may have gotten to the Conference Finals. Now they won't have to deal with us until the Conference Finals should both teams make it.
this wouldn't necessarily bother me, given our track record with the blues, and i think a lot of people around here would agree that we match up pretty well against the blues. i like how we come out to play against them. i just don't want to play chicago again. we just can't seem to beat them. i've said that pretty much since they won the cup in 2010, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
You look at last year, and the Kings got the conference final on the backs of basically Voynov, Carter, Richards, Williams in Game 7, and Quick. Especially Quick. Home ice helped out against SJ too. Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, none of them had a great playoff.

In 2012, the Kings won the Cup on the backs of Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and once again, Quick.

The difference between 12 and 13 was that in 12, almost everyone on the team had a moment. Richards had the hit(plus a goal and a an assist) in Game 1 against Vancouver that set a tone for the whole run. Richardson got the tying goal in Game 5. Lewis tracked down Hamhuis. Stoll with a series winner. Penner with a series winner. Fraser had the first goal of the Final. Kopitar had an OT winner, as did Carter. Doughty's goal in Game 2 against NJ. King had like 5 goals against the Coyotes. Hell, even Gagne coming back after all that time off gave the Kings an emotional boost in Game 3 against NJ.

If the Kings want to win the Cup again, they'll need Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick to lead them. They'll need 1 or 2 other guys that help support them. Then they'll need everyone else to fill in the moments. A great defensive play by Muzzin, a game winning goal by Clifford, the 13-14 version of Brown scoring 4 goals in a series, things like that.
this makes a lot of sense to me, and i don't think it's completely far-fetched to say that it could happen again this year. of course, the idea of it is that it's a little unpredictable, and i certainly don't expect the things that happen in these "moments" to occur normally, but there are a lot of wildcard-type players on the roster that could totally fit the bill. for example, pearson's goal against the coyotes the other night (of course, who knows if he'll be around come playoffs time, but still). or when king has gone on his tears this year. muzzin has had spots of bright play, as well.

Closed Thread