HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Proposal Edm Fla

Old
02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Massiker9

vCash: 500
Proposal Edm Fla

To Edm Olli Jokinen,Mike Van Ryn

To Fla 1st round pick, Jarett Stoll + other picks or a minor league prospect

It helps Edmonton by getting someone who can score and is a legit number 1 centre in Jokinen and in Van Ryn they get help that they needed all season.

Florida gets Stoll that will be a good centre that doesnt cost them a lot of money in salary space. They would also get a 1st round pick and maybe a minor league prospect.

This deal would only be good if Florida was not in the playoff race

Massiker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
change Stoll to Horcoff and 1st to ANA's 1st and we have a deal

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
ibis284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massiker9 View Post
To Edm Olli Jokinen,Mike Van Ryn

To Fla 1st round pick, Jarett Stoll + other picks or a minor league prospect

It helps Edmonton by getting someone who can score and is a legit number 1 centre in Jokinen and in Van Ryn they get help that they needed all season.

Florida gets Stoll that will be a good centre that doesnt cost them a lot of money in salary space. They would also get a 1st round pick and maybe a minor league prospect.

This deal would only be good if Florida was not in the playoff race
please tell me you are a florida fan
if you are, jarret stoll is the real deal, hes not going anywhere

ibis284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Bucket

No way would I give up Jarret Stoll anyday. He's part of the "rebuilding" of this team or whatever you want to call it. He's a definite keeper.

Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Massiker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis284 View Post
please tell me you are a florida fan
if you are, jarret stoll is the real deal, hes not going anywhere
Im both edmonton and Florida fan but the deal is pretty fair u arnt gonna get jokinen for horcoff anaheims first and a minor league prospect u are gonna have to give up stoll if u want to make the playoffs because most of our players that can score are injured(moreau stoll) moreau more the less kills most of the penalties

Old
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Gamefreak
Bee.

The only way Florida does that deal is if they think Van Ryn is going to underperform heavily compared to his contract, in which case I don't see Lowe looking to acquire him.

Gamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Im both edmonton and Florida fan but the deal is pretty fair u arnt gonna get jokinen for horcoff anaheims first and a minor league prospect u are gonna have to give up stoll if u want to make the playoffs because most of our players that can score are injured(moreau stoll) moreau more the less kills most of the penalties
i dont think we'll be making the playoffs even if we get jokinen.. There are rumors that FLA is trying to move Jokinen so if the intent is there then I dont see how Horcoff + a prospect\1st isnt good enough to land him. there is no way oilers can take on 5M of Oli and 3.6M of horc and still make a pitch for Smyth.

Old
02-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
No way Florida even considers this, OJ is performing really well, he's on a newly signed contract, as is Van Ryn, and both are performing really well, OJ is close to or near to what you can ask in a Franchise Center IMO, offensively good, Defensively ok, Stoll is amazing dont get me wrong, but OJ vs. Stoll and OJ wins hands down. No Way Florida touch this with a 49.5 ft pole.

EDIT: I could be wrong here, am i thinking of the right guy?? MAybe i over value OJ and undervalue Stoll?? I dunno...

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:42 PM
rec28

Send a message via MSN to rec28
This is a fairly balanced deal, imo. However, Stoll's worth to the Oilers is far higher than his "market value" in terms of tradeable assets. As such, it would take a significant overpayment to acquire him. In the end, it wouldn't be worth it to the other team...

rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
s7ark

The value is there, no doubt. I am just not sure moving Stoll is a step in the right direction for the team. Even for Oli.

And, I am a huge Oli fan. Bigger then most on this board.

This is the kinda proposal I will likely waiver back and forth on though. Damn it would suck to lose Stoll....

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Massiker9

then we can get rid of pisani for a young cheap defencemen like brewer we could also add winchester to the deal

Old
02-21-2007, 10:49 PM
ibis284

dont forget stolls situation right now as well
that being said I dont think there is a chance Fla does this either

ibis284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
No way Florida even considers this, OJ is performing really well, he's on a newly signed contract, as is Van Ryn, and both are performing really well, OJ is close to or near to what you can ask in a Franchise Center IMO, offensively good, Defensively ok, Stoll is amazing dont get me wrong, but OJ vs. Stoll and OJ wins hands down. No Way Florida touch this with a 49.5 ft pole.
As per TSN he might not be in the plans for FLA.. they have 14 guys up in there "deadline rumor list" and hes one of them. (smyth is up on it too)

Old
02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
The Polak*

No way florida does this.

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Massiker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lander View Post
As per TSN he might not be in the plans for FLA.. they have 14 guys up in there "deadline rumor list" and hes one of them. (smyth is up on it too)
If Florida doesnt make the playoffs this would probably be an awesome blockbuster deadline deal

Old
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lander View Post
I just dont see it though, Him, J-Bo and Horton are the closest thign they have to a Franchise, trading him would be silly unless the return is huge, and in this case, it doesn't do too much for them, dont get me wrong Stoll is aweosme, but OJ is better hands down.

OJ > Stoll
Mike Van Ryn = 1st rounder + Minor leaguer, MAybe tad bit greater...

Old
02-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Massiker9

Olli Jokinen is a number one centre you are right there Florida might do this because there are the big name free agents in the offseason like Briere Drury and they could pick up that number one goalie they wanted in Gigure or Biron and in order to do those things they need to get rid of some cap space

Old
02-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
Olli Jokinen is a number one centre you are right there Florida might do this because there are the big name free agents in the offseason like Briere Drury and they could pick up that number one goalie they wanted in Gigure or Biron and in order to do those things they need to get rid of some cap space
They sit at $40 Mil, with both Bertuzzi, Roberts and Nieywendyk coming of the books which totals to about $10 Mil off the books of significant value.

Also Stumpel and his 1.65 salary, and Gelinas...

I doubt they worry about Cap space, only way they do this is too gain some top prospects to build around J-Bo..