HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun., Mar. 16, 2014| Flyers 4 at Penguins 3

Old
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
I like a lot of the tidbits Pierre mentions, I don't get the hate. I don't see him as a Pens fanboy, but more of a fanboy of extremely talented players, which Crosby and Malkin are. He constantly lauds Philadelphia and their players.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I like a lot of the tidbits Pierre mentions, I don't get the hate. I don't see him as a Pens fanboy, but more of a fanboy of extremely talented players, which Crosby and Malkin are. He constantly lauds Philadelphia and their players.
Like I said, I think he's a fan of both.

03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
BernieParent

I see the increased glee over Penguins goals in yesterday's broadcast as the announcers simply wanting an exciting game. When the trailing team is getting back into it, it makes for better viewing. Would you rather be broadcasting the third period of the Saturday or Sunday game?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Pierre gushes over every player pretty equally I think. He went on and on about Simmonds.

Doc, I think, gets more excited for stuff regarding the home team. If someone has the goal calls from the home game and can compare them to the game yesterday maybe we'll see that. I'm not 100% sure though.

Olcyk can suck it.

Quote:
He's Chris Wheeler.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:32 PM
JABEE

Couturier is a special player. I think he has hit a turning point halfway into this season in terms of offensive production. He's getting actual line mates to play with. There is no doubt in my mind that Couturier is the second best player on this team. He's only going to get better. If there is one thing that has me excited about this team is the depth that we have at center.

Harts-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Vinny-Schenn-Raffl
Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall

I don't know what is going to happen to this lineup in terms of trades or if you would want to move Laughton up the lineup, but I think this team's young nucleus is very special. You just need to try to add a quality defenseman this off season.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Couturier is a special player. I think he has hit a turning point halfway into this season in terms of offensive production. He's getting actual line mates to play with. There is no doubt in my mind that Couturier is the second best player on this team. He's only going to get better. If there is one thing that has me excited about this team is the depth that we have at center.

Harts-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Vinny-Schenn-Raffl
Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall

I don't know what is going to happen to this lineup in terms of trades or if you would want to move Laughton up the lineup, but I think this team's young nucleus is very special. You just need to try to add a quality defenseman this off season.
I just did this for G in another thread, and I had to look up Couts too...

In the 48 games since his first goal he's been scoring at a 0.6 PPG pace, which is around 50 points over a full 82 game season. Just by eyeballing his game log on NHL.com, it looks pretty evenly spread out. I wouldn't be surprised if he could carry this over into next season, or even build on it.

He'd only be on pace for around 15 goals, though. That's an area I really feel like he could improve on. I remember a couple laser wrist shots from his rookie season, coming in down the wing, that reminded me of Jeff Carter. If he works on his skating and his release, and learns how to drive the net more, I could see him picking it up. With his size and his hands around the net, I'd like to see him get a shot down low on the second PP unit, where Simmonds plays on the first. I think he could be really effective there.

Edit: I also just noticed that his shooting percentage is down from 11.2% in his rookie year, to 7.8% this year. He's taking more shots, but he's also getting a lot more ice time. I don't know what that means exactly; just something to think about.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Pierre gushes over every player pretty equally I think. He went on and on about Simmonds.

Doc, I think, gets more excited for stuff regarding the home team. If someone has the goal calls from the home game and can compare them to the game yesterday maybe we'll see that. I'm not 100% sure though.

Olcyk can suck it.

He's Chris Wheeler.
He's Howie Meeker.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:28 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
I just did this for G in another thread, and I had to look up Couts too...

In the 48 games since his first goal he's been scoring at a 0.6 PPG pace, which is around 50 points over a full 82 game season. Just by eyeballing his game log on NHL.com, it looks pretty evenly spread out. I wouldn't be surprised if he could carry this over into next season, or even build on it.

He'd only be on pace for around 15 goals, though. That's an area I really feel like he could improve on. I remember a couple laser wrist shots from his rookie season, coming in down the wing, that reminded me of Jeff Carter. If he works on his skating and his release, and learns how to drive the net more, I could see him picking it up. With his size and his hands around the net, I'd like to see him get a shot down low on the second PP unit, where Simmonds plays on the first. I think he could be really effective there.

Edit: I also just noticed that his shooting percentage is down from 11.2% in his rookie year, to 7.8% this year. He's taking more shots, but he's also getting a lot more ice time. I don't know what that means exactly; just something to think about.
I think the reason they dont use Couturier on the PP is he gets so many minutes as it is, and Schenn typically gets used alot less, but I agree he could be a Power Forward type around the net. Im sure in the future he'll be more like that.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
I think the reason they dont use Couturier on the PP is he gets so many minutes as it is, and Schenn typically gets used alot less, but I agree he could be a Power Forward type around the net. Im sure in the future he'll be more like that.
Oh, I'm sure that's the reasoning. Same with Read. But just for selfish reasons I'd like to see him get a chance to improve his production, so I could say I was right.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Ryker

Couts so good

Maatta so good, too, though.

Quote:
Agreed. At first I thought he only gushes over Crosby, but no way. He seemed to get much more excited by our guys this time around.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote