HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When do we become "Sellers"?

Old
02-22-2007, 12:52 PM
kdslocum

vCash: 500
When do we become "Sellers"?

I believe we have reached the ppoint that we need to become "Sellers" and start stock piling draft choices and young players.

kdslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I think if the Rangers lose tonight and Saturday while the teams above them keep winning tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Then they might start making deals for picks/prospects on Monday. Only players I see being dealt are Ward, Rachunek, Malik, and Weekes.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
DutchShamrock

They don't become buyers or sellers until the trade deadline. Sather is wisely waiting until the last minute to make an educated decision on whether it is better to buy or sell according to our playoff chances and prices for rentals.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
kdslocum

I believe the number of games we need to win is around 15 and that is not going to happen with this. Add to your list Pock, he is going to walk at the end of the season anyway.

kdslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Selling is overrated, especially when you're not even a terrible bottom feeder like Philly is this year.

Who ya gonna sell? Have fun trying to pawn off Nylander, Ward, and Weekes as your only chips.

Old
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdslocum View Post
I believe we have reached the ppoint that we need to become "Sellers" and start stock piling draft choices and young players.
NEVER

We are going to make the playoffs, end of story...stop WHINING...anytime we lose a game a bunch of you become ROYAL WHINERS

lets get rid of Renney
lets start selling
lets trade Jagr

whats next?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I think if the Rangers lose tonight and Saturday while the teams above them keep winning tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Then they might start making deals for picks/prospects on Monday. Only players I see being dealt are Ward, Rachunek, Malik, and Weekes.
I doubt Ward gets dealt. Rachunek I can see being moved and Weekes. On Malik no chance. No team is gonna take a 2.5 mil slow dman.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

As long as the organization thinks it can make it into the PO's I dont see them "selling" anyone untill summer.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
NEVER

We are going to make the playoffs, end of story...stop WHINING...anytime we lose a game a bunch of you become ROYAL WHINERS

lets get rid of Renney
lets start selling
lets trade Jagr

whats next?
Get off your high horse.Everytime someone makes a comment you disagree with,you feel the need to chime in with the wiseass remarks in bold print

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Get off your high horse.Everytime someone makes a comment you disagree with,you feel the need to chime in with the wiseass remarks in bold print
Excuse me if I'm just tired of people being pessimistic.

The team is playing hard, the team is playing well, they are fighting for a playoff spot and what do we ,the Rangers fans, do? We decide to be negative and talk about selling our players before they are even eliminated from the playoffs.

If you want to do that, go ahead, but then don't call yourself a real fan.

This is not the Rangers team from the late 90's. This is a good team that plays hard...they deserve better than all this BS. It's like if your co-workers starting making bets on how soon you will be fired when you are only on your 2nd week on the job...its silly.

Old
02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

The team is playing hard, the team is playing well, they are fighting for a playoff spot and what do we ,the Rangers fans, do? We decide to be negative and talk about selling our players before they are even eliminated from the playoffs.

This is not the Rangers team from the late 90's. This is a good team that plays hard...they deserve better than all this BS.
I think the fact that we all take the time to post on this board shows that we are all not real fans. So let's not go there.

The thing with opinions is not everyone's going to agree with yours. Doesn't make them wrong. Doesn't make them right. Or any less of a fan.

02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think the fact that we all take the time to post on this board shows that we are all not real fans. So let's not go there.

The thing with opinions is not everyone's going to agree with yours. Doesn't make them wrong. Doesn't make them right. Or any less of a fan.
If you remember, I am not the one who created a thread called "Lets Fire Renney(only post if you agree)

I'm all for open discussion. I never stopped anyone from speaking their mind. I, however, also feel that I have the right to speak my mind and disagree.

I'm simply expressing my disagreement (to the topic of trying to figure out a date to become SELLERS)...don't see anything wrong with that. You guys want to talk about this SELLING stuff, go ahead.

Old
02-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No-one on the boards should slam another poster, but this time I think 2forsbergaura1 has a point. The Rangers are in the hunt for the playoffs, they're playing the best hockey they have all season, and yet every week we get another thread from a new poster about how it's time to throw in the towel and conduct a firesale.

Now no-one wants to return to the bad old Neil Smith/early Sather days, but honestly, sometimes I think there are people out there who would rather see the Rangers fail with a bunch of enthusiastic 3rd-line kids than actually make the postseason fight.

007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
If you remember, I am not the one who created a thread called "Lets Fire Renney(only post if you agree)

I'm all for open discussion. I never stopped anyone from speaking their mind. I, however, also feel that I have the right to speak my mind and disagree.

I'm simply expressing my disagreement (to the topic of trying to figure out a date to become SELLERS)...don't see anything wrong with that. You guys want to talk about this SELLING stuff, go ahead.
The people who want to sell are not whining. They are offering an opinion.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
No-one on the boards should slam another poster, but this time I think 2forsbergaura1 has a point. The Rangers are in the hunt for the playoffs, they're playing the best hockey they have all season, and yet every week we get another thread from a new poster about how it's time to throw in the towel and conduct a firesale.

Now no-one wants to return to the bad old Neil Smith/early Sather days, but honestly, sometimes I think there are people out there who would rather see the Rangers fail with a bunch of enthusiastic 3rd-line kids than actually make the postseason fight.

Thanks 007!

You actually got what I was saying.

Anytime the Rangers lose a game...we get 5 threads about "Fire Renney", "Trade Jagr", etc.

This is the time we should be supporting the Rangers more than ever before, when we are fighting for a playoff spot and have a huge HOME game at MSG.

I just dont want to see people today at the Garden booing...cheer the team, encourage them to score that 1st goal.

Old
02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The people who want to sell are not whining. They are offering an opinion.

Ok, and in my opinion ,which I'm also entitled to, they are whining.

To me, if we are eliminated from the playoffs, go ahead and talk about SELLING all day.

Right now, we are VERY MUCH in the thick of the playoff race.

Here's the point:
Would you ever see the DEVILS fans talk about SELLING their players when the DEVILS are 4 points out of a playoff spot? NO
Would you see REDWINGS fans do that if their team is 4 points out? NO

That is because their fans have faith...and that is something Rangers fans lack. Forget years of the past. This is a different team and it needs your support!

Old
02-22-2007, 01:55 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Thanks 007!

You actually got what I was saying.

Anytime the Rangers lose a game...we get 5 threads about "Fire Renney", "Trade Jagr", etc.

This is the time we should be supporting the Rangers more than ever before, when we are fighting for a playoff spot and have a huge HOME game at MSG.

I just dont want to see people today at the Garden booing...cheer the team, encourage them to score that 1st goal.
I'll be rocking out in section 328!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Don't think we will become sellers either..Not a chance when we still have a shot at the POs and that we will, if we split the next two games..Even if we lose the next two games, I dont see anyway we could deal sombody like Nylander, Shanny, Straka...That would make us sellers..Dealing guys like Malik, Ward,Rachunek, would just make us smart..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
If we lose tonight I would TRY to peddle Jagr \,Weekes, Straka, Ward and Cullen. Personally none of them are needed and can't be replaced thru trades or in the off season. i love Jagr but he hasn't worked in NY. Please don't come at me with the one season we made the playoffs he threw a dumb check and blew his own arm out. Ward, Cullen have value

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
RafterRat

Man it sounds like you guys are feeling the same thing many Isles fans feel for many years. Just root for the team guys and keep your allegiance and loyalties to what you have. Pro sports is a cyclical deal, teams have highs and lows, just ride the lows out and it pays off. Hell I am still waiting for the Isles to at least get half way to a high point!! LOL

RafterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I'll be rocking out in section 328!
AWESOME!

I'll be in the mezzanine cheapies cheering them for a win. We need to turn our HOME games into HOME advantage...we havent yet. The Garden has been dead, we need to really pick it up as fans!

LETS GO RANGERS!

Old
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafterRat View Post
Man it sounds like you guys are feeling the same thing many Isles fans feel for many years. Just root for the team guys and keep your allegiance and loyalties to what you have. Pro sports is a cyclical deal, teams have highs and lows, just ride the lows out and it pays off. Hell I am still waiting for the Isles to at least get half way to a high point!! LOL
RAFTERRAT thats a great point!

The Isles vs. Pitt game on Monday...if the Isles fans werent so into that game, I'm not sure the Isles would have won!

Hockey is cyclical guys...and right now it's the Rangers turn to shine! We need to show that we believe in our team, it does help, especially during HOME games.

Old
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
If we lose tonight I would TRY to peddle Jagr \,Weekes, Straka, Ward and Cullen. Personally none of them are needed and can't be replaced thru trades or in the off season. i love Jagr but he hasn't worked in NY. Please don't come at me with the one season we made the playoffs he threw a dumb check and blew his own arm out. Ward, Cullen have value
The dude wins the Lester B. Pearson trophy in his first full season as a Ranger, but he "hasn't worked in NY" and can be replaced through trades?

Please enlighten us, because I'd love to hear how you plan on replacing a 100-pt scorer.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I think the operative term til the end of the universe as far as how NYR goes about business is: retooling.

Regardless of whether we as fans influence management to thinking they can't rebuild, this is the way its gonna be. It just is. For some odd reason, the powers that be will never allow the organization to become like an expansion team and ride the youngguns for years until those years of spirited, but sucky hockey bring a Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin.

So go out there and root for the Rangers. Don't ask for them to trade Jagr when they're clearly still in the playoff hunt. And hope for more "retooling" trades like the Avery one. We sure could round out the roster further by bringing up a former Storm forward from Hartford and upgrading a few weaknesses on D.

LETS GO RANGERS

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

This is not the Rangers team from the late 90's. This is a good team that plays hard...they deserve better than all this BS. It's like if your co-workers starting making bets on how soon you will be fired when you are only on your 2nd week on the job...its silly.
What BS?These guys are professional athletes making ridiculous amounts of money.Life isn't that bad for them.If players can't take a little abuse from the fans or the media,then they are in the wrong business.You sound like Glen Sather who said a few years ago that the fans shouldn't boo the players.Sather has been stealing money for the last seven years($5 million big ones every year) and he doesn't receive the proper amount of abuse which he richly deserves.The players will come and go.Even Sather will eventually be put out to pasture

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote