HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #69|Thu., Mar. 20, 2014| Stars at Flyers| 7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS View Post

Isn't that how it always is?
After the ones I liked went I waited a few hours and got them down from 35 to 24 for the tickets. Saved 22 bucks. I'll take it

Old
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

My first live hockey game ever was in Dallas watching Stars vs Flyers, back in 2000.

I'd like the Flyers to win, they need the points, but I'm not too fussed about this one. I've always had a soft spot for the Stars.

Old
03-20-2014, 01:40 PM
ybnvs

I've been lurking the Flyers' HF sub-forum since the start of the season, and finally decided to create an account today before heading down to Philadelphia.

Will be attending my fifth game of the season today. Let's go Flyers! I'm really hoping to go 2-3 for games attended this year, so here's to us getting two more points tonight!

My record this season:

Jan 11th vs Lightning - Loss
Jan 16th vs Predators - Loss
March 11th vs Devils - Loss
March 18th vs BlackHawks - Win
March 20th vs Stars - Hopefully a win

Boy, that win on Tuesday felt really good!

Time to hit the road! Thanks for having me, and let's go Flyers!

Old
03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
He didn't fare well the last time the Flyers played in Dallas. Guess, it's time for some revenge.
Not at all but he seems to be on a role. Stop that line and we win the game.

Old
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

I swear, if old man Thomas stands on his head yet again ...

Old
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnvs View Post
I've been lurking the Flyers' HF sub-forum since the start of the season, and finally decided to create an account today before heading down to Philadelphia.

Will be attending my fifth game of the season today. Let's go Flyers! I'm really hoping to go 2-3 for games attended this year, so here's to us getting two more points tonight!

My record this season:

Welcome. Tonight should be a good one.

Old
03-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I swear, if old man Thomas stands on his head yet again ...
I wouldn't count on it. While he's no Emery, Timmy T's lateral movement ain't much better with regards to cross ice one timers. I'm not one for predictions but it's not hard to imagine both Jake and Vinny should each pop one in tonight from their respective offices on the PP.

Old
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
I wouldn't count on it. While he's no Emery, Timmy T's lateral movement ain't much better with regards to cross ice one timers. I'm not one for predictions but it's not hard to imagine both Jake and Vinny should each pop one in tonight from their respective offices on the PP.
speaking of emery is he as painful for you to watch as he is for me?i personally like him and admire how well he battles and uses his experience to makes saves and eek out victories but just watching him against chicago trying to get across...

Old
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Timmy T is not the same player he was in Boston. He's a respectable goalie putting up average numbers this year but he's certainly on the decline.

Old
03-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

The thing about Emery is aside from his obvious sloth like speed, he's still such a battler and it's clear, he has the respect of his teammates.

As much as we all log on here and crucify him after those ridiculously awful goals, go back and, or from now on, look at the leadership's faces (Giroux, Kimmo, Hartnell, Coby) after one of those goals. Not one of them is deflated, no obvious tells in their body language that was otherwise so apparent with Bryz, and Leighton before him. In that regards, he's very similar to Boosh; respected and well liked veteran who is prone to a softy here and there but who battles throughout.

Do I think he has another year of hockey left in him? absolutely not but for all the fluff pieces being currently written about G's and the Flyers' turnaround being forever linked, the rallying cry for the season was the Washington game and specifically Emery's fight with Holtby.

As fans, we get caught up in the X's and O's and the stats and ultimately forget or can't understand altogether the value of team chemistry, leadership, sacrifice, all the intangible that make up championship teams.

Old
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
The thing about Emery is aside from his obvious sloth like speed, he's still such a battler and it's clear, he has the respect of his teammates.

As much as we all log on here and crucify him after those ridiculously awful goals, go back and, or from now on, look at the leadership's faces (Giroux, Kimmo, Hartnell, Coby) after one of those goals. Not one of them is deflated, no obvious tells in their body language that was otherwise so apparent with Bryz, and Leighton before him. In that regards, he's very similar to Boosh; respected and well liked veteran who is prone to a softy here and there but who battles throughout.

Do I think he has another year of hockey left in him? absolutely not but for all the fluff pieces being currently written about G's and the Flyers' turnaround being forever linked, the rallying cry for the season was the Washington game and specifically Emery's fight with Holtby.

As fans, we get caught up in the X's and O's and the stats and ultimately forget or can't understand altogether the value of team chemistry, leadership, sacrifice, all the intangible that make up championship teams.
well said.

Razor is a back up. He does his job admirably. If he was better, he would be a starter somewhere.

Old
03-20-2014, 03:36 PM
AaronTrieu

This is the "let down" game i am worried about.

Not much rivalry between the two teams. The flyers are coming off an emotional high and G and his teammates are getting a lot of questions about Giroux's play. This will be a HUGE test for the Flyers and Giroux's leadership. I think if they can get a win here they will settle down into the stretch.

Old
03-20-2014, 03:38 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:

agreed.in blackhawks game giroux clearly was there for emery during and after that game.made a point to give emery a little bigger pat on the back after win.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Garbage Goal

I think well win this one. Thomas hasn't looked anything special this season especially so far in Dallas. Nichushkin has also cooled down a ton which is normal being a rookie. One point in five games and at 30 in 65 on the seasons. Dallas has also lost two in a row and might be losing their playoff spot to Phoenix. Dallas is also just an extremely weak team after Seguin and Benn, especially with Nichushkin on rookie cool down and Lehtonen hurt.

Honestly don't think we even need to play great to beat them, just release the kraken offensively and don't get burned more then once or twice by Benn-Seguin.

Basically don't let Benn-Seguin own us.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I think well win this one. Thomas hasn't looked anything special this season especially so far in Dallas. Nichushkin has also cooled down a ton which is normal being a rookie. One point in five games and at 30 in 65 on the seasons. Dallas has also lost two in a row and might be losing their playoff spot to Phoenix. Dallas is also just an extremely weak team after Seguin and Benn, especially with Nichushkin on rookie cool down and Lehtonen hurt.

Honestly don't think we even need to play great to beat them, just release the kraken offensively and don't get burned more then once or twice by Benn-Seguin.

Basically don't let Benn-Seguin own us.
Is coots on shutdown vs this line?

Old
03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Zombotron
For Relaxing Times

Thrash 'em, Philadelphia.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Sedin
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
Thrash 'em, Philadelphia.
I like the optimism, but at this point it doesn't really matter.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:39 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Don't bother reading the GDT on Stars board. A very odd bunch over there.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:47 PM
MR28
McDavid pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
Well now I have tooooooo.

Edit: weird.

Last edited by MR28: 03-20-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old
03-20-2014, 04:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Tim Thomas looks like he's about to hop of the ice & go play a street hockey game with that dusty **** equipment.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
MR28
McDavid pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Tim Thomas looks like he's about to hop of the ice & go play a street hockey game with that dusty **** equipment.
He looks ****ing stupid lol.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnvs View Post

My record this season:

Welcome to the Flyers board, where the city of darkness meets the city of light.

Old
03-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
i would have nightmares about that if i was one of the Flyers forwards especially if we lose.

Old
03-20-2014, 05:03 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
I propose that, instead of the usual celebratory shot in the first post of every win, MSE post a photo of ice cream. And an unhappy child with a dropped cone if the Flyers lose.

Old
03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I propose that, instead of the usual celebratory shot in the first post of every win, MSE post a photo of ice cream. And an unhappy child with a dropped cone if the Flyers lose.
I don't drink alcohol and you're a soulless monster if you dislike ice cream. So I support this.

Don't be a soulless monster MSE.

Closed Thread