HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Coming to Pitt for the Finals

Old
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
This is a great story. Can't wait to see this story on NHL.com. Throw in a shout-out to HFboards.com Pens forum!

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
GernerPSU

Send a message via AIM to GernerPSU
Quote:
Originally Posted by nckd View Post
I've sat in a bunch of different sections, and I don't find E as good as B, but it's suprising how good the view is from up there. (Probably because it's kind of scary steep.)

(The one time I sat 2 rows back in A, I didn't like the seats -- you're really close to the action, but you can't see things as well.)
I sat on the glass once, and it was definitely an amazing experience. You really get a sense for the players skill and speed. To see Sid do a spin-o-rama about 6 feet from you is something special. That said, I wouldn't want season tickets there because its very hard to follow the play on the other end and even some on your end.

GernerPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2008, 10:59 PM
DJ Spinoza

You realize that if we keep winning with you in attendance, you've got to stay and go to Detroit, right?

This must be a sweet experience, so enjoy!

DJ Spinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFF View Post
What can i say?! I was totally blown away by the whole spectacle.

It's all ever-so-slightly blurry for me as i had had quite a few 'shandys' before and during the game, but it was just amazing.

It's totally different to watching a game on TV, its much harder to understand and interpret players positioning etc which just makes me admire hockey players even more having seen an NHL game up close.

The atmosphere was even better than i had imagined, it really was nothing like anything i have ever experienced before, despite spending 7 years as a season ticket holder at Fulham in the EPL (granted, we didn't have much to shout about). This was just unreal, the place looked amazing with everyone dressed in white, waving towels, high fiving every hand in sight!

I'm pretty much addicted. I hope i can get a ticket in a similar area for Saturday, i cannot wait, i really can't!
A bit late in saying this but if you called the Pens up and let them know how far you came and that NHL.com is doing a story they just might hook you up with one. The Pens are amazing with public relations and this sounds like one of those stories that they would love to be behind.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:25 AM
GFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Climacus View Post
You realize that if we keep winning with you in attendance, you've got to stay and go to Detroit, right?

This must be a sweet experience, so enjoy!
Yeh, well im in town for game 5, so i'll go to Mellon for that, that's just as good right?

And i just won't tell you when i go home, so you can pretend im here all the way through to game 7.

GFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Yeh, well im in town for game 5, so i'll go to Mellon for that, that's just as good right?

And i just won't tell you when i go home, so you can pretend im here all the way through to game 7.
No, you HAVE to go to Detroit. You might want to invest in a bullet proof vest first, though.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Well, my Mellon Arena experience would have been a lot better with a Game 4 win but it was a great experience nevertheless. I don't know how often I'd be willing to pull it off though, considering roughly 20 hours of driving for 2.5 hours of excitement.

Anyways, the crowd at Mellon is outstanding. In Montreal, we are generally considered to be the standard by which all other crowds are measured, but the Mellon crowd is also fantastic. The music played at Mellon is great, and the buzz is electric. We wound up with great seats...upper level but first row behind the Penguins net for two periods, so the view was great. It's just too bad the game was so frustrating to endure. But kudos to everyone who loves hockey in Pittsburgh. When we entered the city, there were people camping out on a rooftop partying and displaying a fake Stanley Cup. That's what you wanna see when you enter a city.

Oh, and PNC Park is amazing. We just got a quick view but man is it an impressive looking stadium. Heinz Field too, but the baseball park is something special.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Lemieux_66 View Post
The only advice you need...

You can thank me later...
You were right. We tried this interestingly configured sandwich with coleslaw and fries INSIDE and it was outstanding...even at 2:30am after a loss, it was still amazingly good.

Nice call, and thanks!

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Leroux 66

the game and the experience was amazing and better than me and my cousin could have ever dreamed of, the only way it could have been better was with a win, and our seats in e18 were surprisingly good, the builiding was electric especially after hossa's goal and when chanting gary gary gary, the hossa goal was one of the most amazing feelings ive ever had.

Leroux 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I bumped this back to the top because we have a lot of fans asking about information to Pittsburgh.

Could we maybe get this stickied to the top to help out the good people who are willing to spend money to come to our great city?

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:35 PM
GFF

Sorry for the intentional bump! But my wife just surprised me to tell me we are going to Pittsburgh for the final 2 regular season games April 12/13th! It's been 6 years since I came for the finals, I am so excited to check out CEC! And to have my wife experience a home Pens game!!

GFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 05:42 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Sorry for the intentional bump! But my wife just surprised me to tell me we are going to Pittsburgh for the final 2 regular season games April 12/13th! It's been 6 years since I came for the finals, I am so excited to check out CEC! And to have my wife experience a home Pens game!!
Wow, GFF..........now there's a blast from the past.

Great news that you will be back in the Burgh. Good stuff.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:06 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
My God man.. welcomeback. I'll be at the last game. Section 102. Hit me up with a PM so I can buy you a beer.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:09 PM
tom_servo

Time capsule. The first of our five straight Finals appearances...

tom_servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 06:52 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

I can't believe I've been posting here for over 6 years. **** me.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Go Griz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
I can't believe I've been posting here for over 6 years. **** me.
Bugger off n00b.

Enjoy Pittsburgh GFF!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo View Post
Time capsule. The first of our five straight Finals appearances...
Quarterfinals.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 07:40 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Bugger off n00b.

Enjoy Pittsburgh GFF!
Good lord, I don't think I ever looked at your date before. That is legit.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote