HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is it with Jagr?

Old
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
JamesG1221

vCash: 500
What is it with Jagr?

Ya know, I just don't want to here the excuses anymore for why . Can't he get it through his thick Czech skull that this team has a better chance in a shootout with his and his bum shoulder then they do without him? Man up already! this is your team man ACT like it. and Renney needs to show some authority with him. Stop asking your players to do things and tell them to do it for a change. While I'm whining- why hasn't Straka shot in the damn shootout all year? he put a couple in last year..more then the likes of Cullen and Prucha have this year for sure..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I know. I wish I could remove the " C " from him in the offseason and give it to someone else.

He has no motivational skills whatsoever.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Balej20*

I hope he is dealt at the deadline while he still has a little bit of value left in him. Maybe we can get Aki Berg or something for him.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:21 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I hope he is dealt at the deadline while he still has a little bit of value left in him. Maybe we can get Aki Berg or something for him.
Aki Berg is still playing? I forgot about him.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Aki Berg is still playing? I forgot about him.
lol no he isn't, but maybe Toronto will trade us his rights.

Old
02-22-2007, 09:28 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

If Jagr didn't come so cheap I wouldn't be too upset if we traded him before the deadline. All things considered, it's prolly best we keep him.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
NYROrtsFan

Jagr is just doing what he thinks is best for the team... I think the anger is misplaced here.

Its not like Jagr's numbers suggest that he should be in there during shootouts either. If he's not going to score, then dont go out there. This "his team" nonsense is nothing more than that..

Obviously there could be better guys for captain, but who on the Rangers? THey wernt going to make a first year Ranger Shanahan the captain.

That said, Jagr is an AWESOME player and we could get an absolute ton for him so i'd consider trading him from that standpoint.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Jagr flat out sucks!!! he has taken a ton of stupid penalties this season. He doesn't shoot the puck (maybe arm is still bad) he floats and loafs to the bench on changes. He is the reason the team is so Euro Soft. He isn't a leader at all on the ice this year. Yea i am in a bad mood and i think i just hate Jagr and it is coming out

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Jagr flat out sucks!!! he has taken a ton of stupid penalties this season. He doesn't shoot the puck (maybe arm is still bad) he floats and loafs to the bench on changes. He is the reason the team is so Euro Soft. He isn't a leader at all on the ice this year. Yea i am in a bad mood and i think i just hate Jagr and it is coming out
Jagr is a lead by example type of guy, and this is not something new for us. Last year with no expectations he had the best offensive year ever for a Ranger. This year, with expectations, he hasn't produced, and he's also been coming off a significant injury that affects his offensive skills. His inability to perform this year at the level of last year has caused a ripple effect. Jagr has ALWAYS been a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

I'm not at all surprised by what is happening here...

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
JamesG1221

This "his team" nonsense is nothing more than that..

Oh is it? Then why did they make him captain? Because every player and coach from last year went on and on about how he is their go to guy and he is the backbone of this team. If he isn't willing to accept the responsibility of wearing the "C" in NY then get out of the way. go somewhere they already have a franchise player and be just one of the guys. Don't stick around here where everyone looks to you to get the job done and in reply all you do is look down at the ground and ignore it.

Like Dagoon said, maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood but I'm really sick of him.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
fob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
THey wernt going to make a first year Ranger Shanahan the captain.
Was Jagr given the 'C' in his first year? I can't remember.

If not, if they're going to give any first year Ranger the 'C' it might as well be Shanahan.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Pizza

The reality is the guy has been battling one ailment or another all year long. Shoulder, hip flexor, etc. It's been mentioned but not played up. Still, you want your big guy to get you some goals in two big games like this. I don't know. If he's gold bricking it(which I do not think is the case), then he'll be traded.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fob View Post
Was Jagr given the 'C' in his first year? I can't remember.

If not, if they're going to give any first year Ranger the 'C' it might as well be Shanahan.
The Rangers went with 3 "A"s last season: Jagr, Kasparaitis and Rucchin.

02-22-2007, 10:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The reality is the guy has been battling one ailment or another all year long. Shoulder, hip flexor, etc. It's been mentioned but not played up. Still, you want your big guy to get you some goals in two big games like this. I don't know. If he's gold bricking it(which I do not think is the case), then he'll be traded.
Michelleti was on the FAN today and claims that he's fairly healthy. He said that a lot of it is mental and lot of it has to with the fact that Jagr is playing at 9 pounds lighter than he did last season because he could not lift weights of the summer.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Michelleti was on the FAN today and claims that he's fairly healthy. He said that a lot of it is mental and lot of it has to with the fact that Jagr is playing at 9 pounds lighter than he did last season because he could not lift weights of the summer.
So SBOB, if you were GM of the New York Rangers, with the trade deadline fast approaching...would you trade #68 or stand pat?

Old
02-22-2007, 10:21 PM
The Frozen Moment

Penguins fan here, you guys sound like our fans 5 years ago. Jagr is no leader and he never will be. Our team was awesome when he was just a scoring winger who didnt lead the team. When he became the captain the team was soft. Sure we had our pretty goals, but Jagr is an offensive player...thats it, not a leader. We even had a Czech coach along with mostly all Czech players to keep him from whining. You see how that turned out. He still wanted traded so we shipped him to Washington. Only regret here in Pittsburgh is what we got for him. Jagr is worth alot, but you need someone else to wear the C.

The Frozen Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Trade Jagr/Malik and Prucha/immonen (JD CRAVES FOR THOSE ****S) to St Louis- get me tkachuck and Stempniak and a jackman/draftpick.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Quote:
So SBOB, if you were GM of the New York Rangers, with the trade deadline fast approaching...would you trade #68 or stand pat?
Personally I'd investigate it, and see what a team like Anaheim would offer. One would think if you put the flares out that you're taking offers on Jagr, teams in the west looking to offset Nashville's acquisition of Forsberg would be willing to pony up a pretty good price for him. Only issue is you'd have to take back salary to complete the deal, but that's feasible if you get yourself a handful of prospects and picks out of it too.

Old
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Trade Jagr/Malik and Prucha/immonen (JD CRAVES FOR THOSE ****S) to St Louis- get me tkachuck and Stempniak and a jackman/draftpick.

What's the point of trading Jagr if you're going to then trade for Tkachuk? That's silliness.

Old
02-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
Personally I'd investigate it, and see what a team like Anaheim would offer. One would think if you put the flares out that you're taking offers on Jagr, teams in the west looking to offset Nashville's acquisition of Forsberg would be willing to pony up a pretty good price for him. Only issue is you'd have to take back salary to complete the deal, but that's feasible if you get yourself a handful of prospects and picks out of it too.
Anaheim would be a great team to shop him to. They have a ton of prospect depth, and maybe we could even get what should be ours...Ryan Getzlaf.

Old
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Pizza

The bottom line is that if we had had Shanny even one season earlier, he would have been wearing the "C" this year. The Rangers needed a captain this year and Jagr had the tenure, but I think it weighs on him....heavily.

They need to consider giving it to Shanny IF he is here next year.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
without him half of our goals wouldn't have happened, therefore, I would bet we'd be sitting next to the flyers in the standing.

THe guy has 52 something assists, come on dude, and he's got like 20 goals.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The bottom line is that if we had had Shanny even one season earlier, he would have been wearing the "C" this year. The Rangers needed a captain this year and Jagr had the tenure, but I think it weighs on him....heavily.

They need to consider giving it to Shanny IF he is here next year.

Jagr is the capt. gotta support the C, he should've shot in the shootout thou.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I have to listen to offers.

If I get a decent return and I can get his salary off the books, it's a very attractive situation. The problem is Straka is signed for next season and I think if there is no Jagr, he loses a ton of his effectiveness. Personally I would let Straka walk and keep Shanny. I always thought it would be hard to keep both and get someone like Drury.

With the league the way it is (i.e. with a salary cap) teams fortunes can change quickly. If I can trade Jagr and get a return similar to what the Flyers got for Forsberg, I have to seriously consider it.

My biggest concern is I can't see this team being a whole let different next year than it is right now. And I don't know how much better guys like Jagr, Straka and Nylander are going to get (and even Shanny - although his value goes beyond what he does on the ice).

Trading Jagr just gives the team so much flexability to work with. I have to listen to offers. I just don't know if you can win a Cup with Jagr. And he's not getting any younger.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-22-2007 at 10:50 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
ThirdEye

Can't we at least wait until the end of the year to talk about dealing him? I don't think these scapegoat threads are really productive, especially considering that Jagr was indirectly responsible for one of the goals tonight and almost won it in OT. Not saying that trading him won't be a good idea, but at least while he's here support the guy. There's only so much he can do right now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote