HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Columbus. Thanks for showing up.

Old
03-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Habsman10*

vCash: 500
Also am I the only fan that notices when Bouillion, Weaver and Murray, Briere make good plays for the team no one bats an eyelash, yet they're the first people we blame. Not saying I would defend all their plays but they're good in the roles they're getting most of the time. (Especially Briere)

Habsman10* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Nice story but Wilde should've kept it to himself... and he left out the part where Price threw up after hearing "If only the rest of the world supported each other like players and teammates in a locker room stand by each other..."

Holy crap man.
BrianWildeWithFlowersInHisHairSingingKumbayaMyLord .gif

What a ****in' tool

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Vanek scored, I'm happy.

Asides, this was the emotional down after the high we got, the Jackets are fighting for their lives so the incentive was better for them than for us.

The game wasn't altogether bad for the Habs, it ended horribly, poor Tinordi, I would have went in a corner to die if that happened to me and he faced the media in the room AFTER Carey tried to save him from it. Amazing character.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
BrianWildeWithFlowersInHisHairSingingKumbayaMyLord .gif

What a ****in' tool
Honestly, watching his interview. You can clearly see Price wasn't feeling good and was looking to throw up. It probably nothing to do with the comment and since Price decided to deal with the media before even taking his breather. I admire that.

Why does Wilde need to mention Price threw up? Seriously, what Price did for his teammate was sincere. People need to stop nitpicking. It was a bad game, we should move on.

Tinordi looked clearly upset...poor guy.

Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
Once again I did NOT say they were equal...I said they both led to the goal.
And I'm saying it's a ridiculous comment. But whatever man, you wanna blame Eller, go for it!

Quote:
If you seriously believe Eller is turning over the puck the same amount as Plekanec and DD lately you are not watching the games. He's been one of our worst offensive players for months. It's a fact.
Yeah, forget stats, let's use your clearly biased opinion and treat is a fact.

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels View Post
Honestly, watching his interview. You can clearly see Price wasn't feeling good and was looking to throw up. It probably nothing to do with the comment and since Price decided to deal with the media before even taking his breather. I admire that.

Why does Wilde need to mention Price threw up? Seriously, what Price did for his teammate was sincere. People need to stop nitpicking. It was a bad game, we should move on.

It's "normal" to have nausea after a game when you diet, sort of. You're just spent and don't really have extra . And your blood sugar's in the dumps because you used it all for energy.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels View Post

Broken telephone here.

Wilde doesn't say anything about Price throwing up... That was my comment. Just felt that Wilde was ultra cheesy there and it would be enough to make Price sick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
It's "normal" to have nausea after a game when you diet, sort of. You're just spent and don't really have extra . And your blood sugar's in the dumps because you used it all for energy.
Its also "normal" to get sick when journalists inject themselves into a story with flowery crap like Wilde did here.

And the whole story is something that probably should've just been left unreported to begin with... but whatever. If his only sin is being cheesy, that's not a big deal.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:17 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian General View Post
3 mins is like 4-5 shifts. There's nothing wrong with their presence on the ice.
was wondering if somebody was gonna say anything

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

What's the excuse for this loss?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Strokes

I was watching March Madness what happened with Wilde and Price/Tanordi stories?

Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Broken telephone here.

Wilde doesn't say anything about Price throwing up... That was my comment. Just felt that Wilde was ultra cheesy there and it would be enough to make Price sick...

Its also "normal" to get sick when journalists inject themselves into a story with flowery crap like Wilde did here.

And the whole story is something that probably should've just been left unreported to begin with... but whatever. If his only sin is being cheesy, that's not a big deal.
But apparently Price IS about to throw up, LG. I don't know how you did it

Bloumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
pine*

Quote:
Once again I did NOT say they were equal...I said they both led to the goal.
Therrien also led to the goal, when he decided to play Tinordi at the exact time he did. Had he decided to play say Subban, there is no doubt the particular play doesn't happen.

Bergevin also led to the goal, since he is the one who hired Therrien in the first place.

In the same vein of though, same for Geoff Molson.
Also, blame George Gillett deciding to sell the team to Molson which ultimately led to tonight's GWG.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Terrible Hockey Fan

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Well, phooey.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Columbus is a pretty good team and in today's NHL, the gap isn't too big against teams like that. Difference is often being more opportunistic....hence the winning goal. Bad play by Tinordi, but while he was pretty good tonight, bad positioning by Price as well. But in the end.....just a result that went the other way...game was pretty interesting to watch.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 12:34 AM
LesHabsRock

We really needed this game. The playoff battle just became a whole lot more difficult. A point in this game would've been a great outcome. 11 games to go. Now is not the time to relinquish that 3rd to 4th seed in the East that they've held onto all season. Must beat the Leafs Saturday and all will be right with the universe again. For Now!

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 01:25 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
What's the excuse for this loss?
Columbus is pretty good. That's the truth.

Now am I the only one that noticed that Gionta seemed to have less jump than he usualy has? Like he was grumpy playing on the third line?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:01 AM
hockeyman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Lars Eller cost the habs another game with his disgraceful hockey,this clown tries to stick handle past 3 or 4 guys every single time he has the puck,he won't pass,he won't shoot,he won't dump the puck in the corner,if he dresses for saturday's game vs the leafs,Therrien you should be fired.
This.

You are a **********.i.n.g example why this board is becoming a joke. Your the disgrace, not Eller. What's your address and i'll send you a jersey of any team you want, you don't deserve to wear this team colours. Yes Eller is regressing this year, it's becoming quite evident. I really believe Eller's issues come down to the mental aspect of the game. Last year Eller spoke about the benefits of talking with a sports psychologist and his game is night and day from last year. I believe he's playing to much in his head. You people hear just think hockey players are just hockey players, we're all humans no matter our profession and ride the ebbs and flow of life. Everyone on this board is aware of Eller's play this year, but be patient because we weren't *****ing about him last year. Patience, the word that this board has completely lost.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:06 AM
slovakia18
English? I can't.

Don't Panic here comes Vanek, big shot
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dont-...48544035265643

i hope he scores against the leafs.

slovakia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Gally11

I'm not going to be negative about this one..

Great game by Eller he played with speed and aggression I loved it, would have been nice to see him pot one in on penalty shot but Bobrovsky read it perfectly and Eller was at the end of his shift when he took it, was gassed. If he can start to get moving like that we should be set for playoffs. One thing that boggles me is how good he is on PK but seems to get lost every now and then five on five in d zone

Price getting into a groove again is great for us, hopefully he comes up big against the Leafs, he's due for a really good game against them.. But we know there's no defense in those games.

I liked Galchenyuk tonight too I found him more implicated and that shot he got off in last few minutes, bouncing puck he looked good. I think he needs to stay up with Pleks and just let him start to get more icetime because that's the only way I see him contributing consistantly from now on, he needs his legs moving.. Not to mention Pleks provides a solid defensive backup.

I find Tinordi is getting better every game minus that blunder at the end of the game, might have cost us a point but was a point we didn't deserve anyway. I doubt you ever see him make that mistake ever again, we need to live and learn with the future.

I know a lot of people have liked Bouillon since he's been called up and he's been pretty good once we cross our own blue line towards the other teams offensive zone, but he just can't keep up on a top 4 pairing with Subban it starts to show as the games progress. Don't mind him in a bottom pairing but I really liked the Murray - Beaulieu pairing before Olympics, I feel like we should go back to what worked, mind blowing sometimes. I hate how every prospect gets treated like a child, take a seat in the corner for five minutes and learn your lesson. It's a strange mentality we have here in our MTL management.

Also that chemistry building between Patches and Vanek - notice.. again... Patches pass came from the right side of the ice to setup Vanek on left.. Just switch their positions on faceoff already. Patches is amazing off the rush on the right.

I'm excited about Saturday I have a good feeling about that game.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:09 AM
habtastic

Just read the first few pages, but considering how awesome our PK was, including Eller (would have liked to see him score on the penalty shot though), the title of this thread makes no sense.

I thought we played a good enough game against a good team. Price made some terrific saves. The GA, he had 2-3 players sitting on top of him. The GWG, the puck was on it's edge when Johansen fired it. Hard to read. Fine, given it's Price, I would have thought he'd have stopped it, but he kept us in this game.

Very hard to do much when you spend the entire game in the box. And these were just accidental calls. I can't fault anyone except Vanek on his. That said, his goal...what plays by Subban and Pacioretty.

Chucky looked much better and I was impressed with weaver. I was even impressed with Tinordi up until that horrible mistake, which was IMO 100% his fault. It wasn't a turnover by Eller to the other team. Puck came back, then he (Tinordi) made a pass to the...middle of the ice...on the way back to his net. You don't do that in Pee Wee! But, it's ok, he's developing. Otherwise he was solid.

Markov had a great game I thought, particularly blocking shots and lanes. For a guy his age with those knees -- props.

DD had another strong game. I thought he won his battles and got the puck to good areas. Briere and Gallagher at least got the puck to the net (and the latter scored, obviously). Overall I had no problem with our team. CBJ were just very good + they converted on an opportunity late in the game.

As for Eller - I can't believe people blame him for "always" skating the puck up the ice and trying to deke, considering I wish he'd do that more. He may get caught, but there are so many times when he almost makes it. One extra inch and he'd be free. He's not a puck hog. If it were Chucky, people would be praising the effort. Eller is best when he has that kind of confidence. Plus, on that play, he had support behind him, which just happened to be completely safe and then make a pathetic play.

We should go with the same lineup saturday, although if Prust were healthy, he would slot it. That said, White had a strong game, so I don't mind at all if he stays in if Prust can't go. Less penalties and we win that game. Play like that against the Leafs (minus the penalties) and we'll win.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:16 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs didn't deserve to win this game.. If it wasn't for the penalty kill and Price this game would've been a blowout. Columbus was the far better team IMO.
Absolutely...Columbus was ready to play, the Habs weren't...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Ihatekessel

You can't have it both ways ..............

Tinordi will make mistakes, he is still young and needs to catch up to the speed of the game and make quicker decisions with the puck. Personally I think he has shown improvement and I can accept that he will make mistakes from time to time.

I thought he played pretty good up until that last play.

Too many on these boards jump on every little mistake a player makes. We need to understand that Tinordi is still learning and I still prefer him learning on the job rather than having Murray in the line up.

Ihatekessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:55 AM
otto bond

Wow that Johanson kid sure had fun out there. Dancing with the puck all night long.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
How's the Typical Montréal going? 8 PP's vs 3 for Columbus.......Will the main board notice?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Uber Coca

Eller and Tinordi cost us the game.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote