HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2014, 05:00 PM
  #676
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
Greenway's not a top ten player.

McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal, Konecny, Kylington (don't like), Zacha, Roy, Connor, and White are easily ahead of him. Not even considering Werenski, Sprong, Marner, Strome, Merkley, Andersson, Crouse have all shown more.
I said considered. All those guys can be considered top 10, 15, 20 prospects. We'll wait till next year where they will be more prominent to the draft. I know Greenway won't be that highly regarded, but we'll wait and see. At this point there's no telling where they'd all end up except Eichel and McDavid being 1st & 2nd.

All those prospects that you presented there, though, should be thought of now by all of us draft/prospect junkies. This draft is going to be huge and we should start write ups on them early, just to get a head start on the 2015 class.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
  #677
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...shman_matt.php


Matt Carey signs with Blackhawks

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
  #678
Antithesis
Member Ryan Hollweg?
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
Don't know when they'll be a SLU player on the Rangers, won't be this year.

Matt finished his freshman year already 22... he needed to go now to have the best shot of making the big bucks. Good decision on his part.

Antithesis is offline  
Old
03-20-2014, 07:55 PM
  #679
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Matt Carey says his choice came down to Blackhawks and New York Rangers.
https://twitter.com/radleyatthespec/...65393604911104

Carey is joining the Hawks tomorrow. First practice on Saturday.

The Rangers sit at 50 SPCs. They couldn't do that with Carey.

The Rangers and Hawks were after Haggerty and Carey. They split.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 08:03 AM
  #680
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's closer to about 190lbs now. He has the frame to continue to fill out. Great skill with the puck, plays with an edge, and is competent in all three zones. He's also to the go-to face-off man on the team.

Edit: ISS has him at 6' 3/4" and 190lbs.
I really like what I'm hearing Larkin...seems to be the type of player Gorton/Clark like to target, a la Miller and Skjei. Size and skil at the center is in short quantity in this organization.

jas is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 08:39 AM
  #681
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Don't know when they'll be a SLU player on the Rangers, won't be this year.

Matt finished his freshman year already 22... he needed to go now to have the best shot of making the big bucks. Good decision on his part.
Mike Hurlbut. Despite never really sticking in the NHL. I use to see him when he played on the Rangers farm team in Binghamton. Average size--very smooth skater and smooth with the puck. Not overly physical but not exactly a cream puff either. He must have played 20 or so games for us one year. Not sure why he never stuck somewhere. He seemed a good player. Of the current Rangers the closest comparison would be Stralman. NHL was a bit tougher back then. A forward got around your goalie and it was fair game with the slashes, crosschecks and rabbit punches to the back of the head.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 09:08 AM
  #682
Antithesis
Member Ryan Hollweg?
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Mike Hurlbut. Despite never really sticking in the NHL. I use to see him when he played on the Rangers farm team in Binghamton. Average size--very smooth skater and smooth with the puck. Not overly physical but not exactly a cream puff either. He must have played 20 or so games for us one year. Not sure why he never stuck somewhere. He seemed a good player. Of the current Rangers the closest comparison would be Stralman. NHL was a bit tougher back then. A forward got around your goalie and it was fair game with the slashes, crosschecks and rabbit punches to the back of the head.
He's been coaching for a long time. The NHL is a tough league to get into, always has been. I had totally forgotten about that.

On the subject of Greenway, he'll one one of the guys I'll be trying to keep an eye on next year. He grew early, not a lot of kids I'v seen as filled out at his age. Could be an intriguing prospect.

Antithesis is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 09:37 AM
  #683
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 20,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I really like what I'm hearing Larkin...seems to be the type of player Gorton/Clark like to target, a la Miller and Skjei. Size and skil at the center is in short quantity in this organization.
The thing that really gives it away is that he's one of the best skaters in the draft.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 11:01 AM
  #684
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 50
I wonder what the chances of getting Sonny Milano or Jared McCann are. Milano probably, McCann likely not.

__________________
"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is online now  
Old
03-21-2014, 11:29 AM
  #685
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The thing that really gives it away is that he's one of the best skaters in the draft.
I'm getting a sense of déjà vu...big, skilled center with very good skating ability that fits the Rangers's draft profile. Wanna take bets as to where he goes in the top ten?

jas is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
  #686
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,227
vCash: 500
Nice under the radar signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I agree that Tuch would be as well, but I think he'll be off the board by the time we pick.
Yeah, he's going closer to #10 than #20.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I wonder what the chances of getting Sonny Milano or Jared McCann are. Milano probably, McCann likely not.
Agreed.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 02:22 PM
  #687
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I wonder what the chances of getting Sonny Milano or Jared McCann are. Milano probably, McCann likely not.
Probably true.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 02:24 PM
  #688
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, he's going closer to #10 than #20.
If you see him rising that far, who do you see falling? Barbashev?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 02:34 PM
  #689
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
If you see him rising that far, who do you see falling? Barbashev?
Could be anyone. That's how I feel about this draft, players are from all over the map, I tend to think touted big skilled forwards would fit on any teams wish list.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
  #690
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Could be anyone. That's how I feel about this draft, players are from all over the map, I tend to think touted big skilled forwards would fit on any teams wish list.
Agreed.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 03:08 PM
  #691
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 50
Would this board melt down if we drafted Milano? Small but really damn skilled.

I'd pick him if we had two firsts.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
  #692
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Would this board melt down if we drafted Milano? Small but really damn skilled.

I'd pick him if we had two firsts.
Naa I'm fine with that. I would be completely fine with anyone really, except for McKeown, Schwartz, DeAngelo, or Point.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-21-2014, 11:41 PM
  #693
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 500
Milano would be an ok pick, but he's not your prototypical American Rangers pick. Milano is a fast, shifty playmaker that could stand to improve his away from the puck and defensive games. He's one of the rare cases of American players whom I would rather see in Canadian juniors developing over the NCAA. He's BC bound as of now if I'm not mistaken.

If Tuch is really rising as much as it seems, it means someone really good is going to drop right into our wheelhouse. I'm ok with that.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 08:30 AM
  #694
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 50
I really hope we end up with at least 2 firsts somehow.

Raspewtin is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 01:25 PM
  #695
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 25,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Milano would be an ok pick, but he's not your prototypical American Rangers pick. Milano is a fast, shifty playmaker that could stand to improve his away from the puck and defensive games. He's one of the rare cases of American players whom I would rather see in Canadian juniors developing over the NCAA. He's BC bound as of now if I'm not mistaken.

If Tuch is really rising as much as it seems, it means someone really good is going to drop right into our wheelhouse. I'm ok with that.
Good stuff on Milano, I like the idea of him going to CHL, but he's going to a good program in BC after switching from Notre Dame. Tuch is also heading to BC.

Still depends on where we land on the draft chart, but there will be a good player no matter where we draft, just depends on who they pick as their poison. There are very talented players with some serious growing to do, whats our teams plan at the draft, ready soon or wait on a chance at top end upside?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 10:08 PM
  #696
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I really hope we end up with at least 2 firsts somehow.
A man could wish right?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 12:47 AM
  #697
Hunter Gathers
Raise hell and . . .
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: . . . eat cornbread.
Country: United States
Posts: 98,329
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good stuff on Milano, I like the idea of him going to CHL, but he's going to a good program in BC after switching from Notre Dame. Tuch is also heading to BC.

Still depends on where we land on the draft chart, but there will be a good player no matter where we draft, just depends on who they pick as their poison. There are very talented players with some serious growing to do, whats our teams plan at the draft, ready soon or wait on a chance at top end upside?
Midgets thrive at BC so he'll do amazing there.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
  #698
nsvoyageurs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
QMJHL pressing for Jack Eichel:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...olin-1.2583114

nsvoyageurs is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 01:35 PM
  #699
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
i dont see how it could be in eichels best interest to move to junior hockey for his draft year. hes dominating the USHL. the next step for him should be playing against men.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
  #700
Antithesis
Member Ryan Hollweg?
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,618
vCash: 500
Eichel in the QMJHL for a year wouldn't even test his abilities.

Antithesis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.