HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stoll/Pisani Update

Old
02-20-2007, 12:11 AM
GSC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbet View Post
On Team 1260 they just said Pisani is on the bike but Bob said Stoll looks bad and might be done for the season. I wouldn't blame the Oil one bit for shelving him if this road trip continues like this.

Damn Stoll you should have had a visor on.
what would that have done?

if you get hit hard enough, you will be concussed. it's as simple as that.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Hyped

I don't know where my other post went in this thread on Stoll's status but I've got another update. It looks like Stoll's season is more than likely over. He still has not seen any improvement in his symptoms.

My source: myself (take it or leave it). Some of the older posters can vouch for me. If not, then feel free to delete and I won't worry about giving updates before it hits the news anymore...

Hyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:10 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
I don't know where my other post went in this thread on Stoll's status but I've got another update. It looks like Stoll's season is more than likely over. He still has not seen any improvement in his symptoms.

My source: myself (take it or leave it). Some of the older posters can vouch for me. If not, then feel free to delete and I won't worry about giving updates before it hits the news anymore...
Thanks for the update.

But, that really sucks.. hopefully he's ready for next season.

creative giant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Lowetide

Quote:

Your word is good enough around here, Hyped. There isn't a deleted post in this thread though, so maybe gremlins (that sort of thing has happened).

Anyway, bad news for Stoll and us but better to make sure it isn't career threatening ala Deadmarsh.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:

Wow... So he is still groggy and experiencing headaches and stuff? Is there even anything that they can do for him? I am really bummed I was watching tonight and thinking to myself how glad I will be to see Stollie back on the ice.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Digger12

Quote:

I feel terrible for the kid. 24 years old, going through that?

He must be feeling the fear right now.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Cerebral

Bleh, absolutely terrible news. Hopefully Stoll can come back next year ready to go...

02-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

I'm starting to get really worried this will turn out like Deadmarsh.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
PunjabiOil*

It was reported in the papers he was getting better.

With concussions, you should never risk it. Shame on the Oilers for bringing him back that quickly. Hopefully him being out for the season is more precautionary than anything else.

Let's hope he's ready by training camp next year.

PunjabiOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
It was reported in the papers he was getting better.

With concussions, you should never risk it. Shame on the Oilers for bringing him back that quickly. Hopefully him being out for the season is more precautionary than anything else.

Let's hope he's ready by training camp next year.
Stop blaming the organziation. We know you hate Lowe. Stoll didn't play the following day vs the Flames. He didn't play for a week as it was the all-star break. Nice try of blaming an organzation you hate.

02-23-2007, 02:51 AM
PunjabiOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth2Hemsky View Post
Stop blaming the organziation. We know you hate Lowe. Stoll didn't play the following day vs the Flames. He didn't play for a week as it was the all-star break. Nice try of blaming an organzation you hate.

Every time man, every time

PunjabiOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Rin

I got a concussion last april, it wasn't too bad though. I was able to sleep it off and was ok less than a week later. But then 7months later i lightly hit my head (in a car accident) and was feeling the symptoms again for a few days. Hopefully Stoll gets better.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:44 AM
cfrancis

vCash: 855
Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
Come on Stollie, we needs ya!

cfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote