HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Delmore to Minnesota - is it an idea?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2004, 12:00 PM
  #1
Calgary_Moe
Registered User
 
Calgary_Moe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Delmore to Minnesota - is it an idea?

Could a defensively strong team like Minnesota benefit from the hard shot of Delmore on the PP without taking too much of a hit because of his defensive inadequacies?

Also - I mean, if you put him with someone like Mitchell, could Andy Delmore not blossom and learn defense on a regular shift in Minnesota? Lemaire is a genius on teaching the d- anyway.

It seems logical to me.

Moe

Calgary_Moe is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
  #2
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe
Could a defensively strong team like Minnesota benefit from the hard shot of Delmore on the PP without taking too much of a hit because of his defensive inadequacies?

Also - I mean, if you put him with someone like Mitchell, could Andy Delmore not blossom and learn defense on a regular shift in Minnesota? Lemaire is a genius on teaching the d- anyway.

It seems logical to me.

Moe
What's left on his contract? Also, it seems like he's been having a lot of groin injuries lately.. what's the deal there? Sure would be nice to have a real booming shot on the PP, but the way things have been going for us, I'm not sure we'd even make much use of it if we had it. The puck movement hasn't been as good as it needs to be to take advantage of a strong point man, IMO. As far as the defensive side goes, I bet Lemaire could work him in somehow. He'd probably team him up with Kuba to keep the pressure down at first (Kuba seems to get 'babysitting' duty fairly often.)

ceber is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 01:34 PM
  #3
Hecht
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
What's left on his contract? Also, it seems like he's been having a lot of groin injuries lately.. what's the deal there? Sure would be nice to have a real booming shot on the PP, but the way things have been going for us, I'm not sure we'd even make much use of it if we had it. The puck movement hasn't been as good as it needs to be to take advantage of a strong point man, IMO. As far as the defensive side goes, I bet Lemaire could work him in somehow. He'd probably team him up with Kuba to keep the pressure down at first (Kuba seems to get 'babysitting' duty fairly often.)
Delmore makes a million even. If anyone could possibly make him play defense it would be Lemaire. People don't call him Any Elmore for nothing (d's not included since he doesn't play any).

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood. I think we need another stay at home type d-man.

Hecht is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:15 PM
  #4
Calgary_Moe
Registered User
 
Calgary_Moe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
...

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood.


Half the season is over so there's only $500,000 left, right? Maybe it'd be worth a shot? He'd probably play his a$$ off to maintain his career - since he's been sent down by Buffalo this year.

Moe

Calgary_Moe is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:42 PM
  #5
BlackIce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
He is up on the Sabres now and has been for a few weeks

BlackIce is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
  #6
Hecht
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
I'm against it because if we do get him in order to retain his rights we'll need to give him a qualifying offer of 10%. 1.1 is a little much for him.

Hecht is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 06:06 PM
  #7
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
No, because he sucks? How about that. We already got enough guys that we are trying to piece together that we don't need a guy that can even stick on the Sabres!

 
Old
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
  #8
Goldy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Wasn't Delmore placed on waivers earlier this season? Nobody claimed him then (for free) - why might someone want to give up something for him now?

Goldy is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:15 PM
  #9
DW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MN
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
I'm going to have to agree with Goldy, teams have passed up on him for a reason.

DW is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:32 PM
  #10
Wild Bill
Registered User
 
Wild Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
Delmore makes a million even. If anyone could possibly make him play defense it would be Lemaire. People don't call him Any Elmore for nothing (d's not included since he doesn't play any).

I think $1,000,000 is probably too much for Reisbrough's blood. I think we need another stay at home type d-man.
Any Elmore...that's awesome...yeah this guy plays no d...I've heard he has played some wing and he sucks there too. The possibility of that big shot on the powerplay is very interesting though. Barring a nice run, I can't see them adding any payroll. Especially "Any".

Wild Bill is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.