HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque doesn't like Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2014, 11:46 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Send him to Hamilton... Problem solved...

Old
03-22-2014, 11:49 AM
_vivelequebec_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Exactly what I was going to post....
Haha same here. Trade him to Calgary, Edmonotone or Dallas.

Old
Habs100

Unless Bourque does something quickly, he's just keeping Bournival's spot warm.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Just trade him for a low pick to get rid of that contract
I'd say MB very likely tried to trade the guy during this season but no one would take him off his hands. With only 2 years left on his contract after this season and a cap hit higher than his actual salary some team near the cap floor may take him this summer.. The Habs would likely still have to retain some salary in the deal just to get rid of his contract though.

Old
03-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I've heard you should never believe anything that follows "I've heard" in a sentence.

Old
03-22-2014, 11:58 AM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Ohhhhh you work with his cousin, okay well right on now it's all legit! That being said, who gives a damn lol, Rene Bourque is a useless talent who does nothing for this organization, buy the baby out this off-season and move on.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

He has absolutely zero value unless you give up a pick or prospect or a package of players with him, so basically he isn't going to be traded. On top of that he has a Modified No Trade Clause which makes him able to list teams he will accept a trade to before each season. 6"2, 220 gets you 12 pts and 26 PIMS in 53GP, only two things will happen, either ship him to the Hammer or buy him out, and my guess will be a buy out.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:19 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I've heard you should never believe anything that follows "I've heard" in a sentence.
Very nice.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:21 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If I was an athlete, I'm not sure I would like Mtl either. At least not today's Mtl.
If I was an athlete, I'd put in some effort, unlike that lazy ****er.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:25 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
He has absolutely zero value unless you give up a pick or prospect or a package of players with him, so basically he isn't going to be traded. On top of that he has a Modified No Trade Clause which makes him able to list teams he will accept a trade to before each season. 6"2, 220 gets you 12 pts and 26 PIMS in 53GP, only two things will happen, either ship him to the Hammer or buy him out, and my guess will be a buy out.
If he really wants out bad enough I don't see his modified no trade clause being much of an issue. I can see a team near the cap floor taking him for very cheap if the Habs retain some salary in the deal. I'd rather try that route first than having his buyout cap hit on the books for 4 years.

Rene Bourque buyout from CapGeek.com

2014-15: $1,666,667
2015-16: $1,666,667
2016-17: $833,333
2017-18: $833,333

Old
03-22-2014, 12:26 PM
HABS win CUPS*

it's better to have him even just for depth than buying him out like a warm pylon that eats and breathes

Old
03-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFanatic View Post
I've heard that Bourque doesn't like Montreal, the city, the attention. He desperately wants a trade out preferably out west. I've heard he would prefer Edmonton, Calgary, even Chicago. I wonder who we could get from these teams if he can get his value up and actually play and earn a spot in the line up?
I'd love to see a deal worked out with Edmonton for Yakupov. What are the thoughts and ideas on this topic out there?
I'm sorry, but without some sort of link this is complete hearsay, conjecture, and rumor mongering.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:34 PM
DJ Breadman

He doesn't come off as the type of guy who enjoys playing hockey

Old
03-22-2014, 12:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Bourque is a tough sell for a lot of teams. The main issue is when a struggling vet is traded they have certain qualities like strong faceoffs or defensive prowess. While Bourque can play defensively his game is fairly inconsistent and so is his effort. No young team will want to infuse Bourque like leadership.

FWIW, "I've heard" or not, anyone can say it so you might still be lying. Only reason this thread is alright is because well it's believable and no one likes Bourque's on ice game anyway.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Price My Man Crush

He doesn't like hockey. Period.

Old
03-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
No one would care about your feelings because then you would be paid millions to play the most beautiful sport on earth.

If I was a GM I wouldn't want any of these drama queens on my team, they should just shut up and play. 100% of NHL players have it very good and are in no situation to complain about the city they live in.
Well that's quite the unrealistic view buddy.
Money isn't everything. I know plenty of people here seem to think that if you make millions you have no reason to be sad, depressed, upset, annoyed, but that isn't the reality.

Have you ever lived in a city that you simply do not like? It's not fun at all. I'm not saying it makes it okay for him not to perform. But the general statements that all hockey players should always perform at the best of their abilities, and the only explanation to them not showing up is ''heartless'' and ''lazy'' are so incredibly stupid and out of touch.

It happens in every field of work where employees drop in performance and eventually quit for various reasons (none of which have to do with being heartless or lazy), go elsewhere and perform better, or change domains entirely.
Maybe Bourque never liked Mtl (it's not like it's a magical city that everybody is just dying to move too despite what many Mtlers believe), maybe he hates his boss, maybe he's struggling with his family, maybe he's traumatized from getting concussed, maybe hockey isn't as fun to him anymore here. But hey, he's not performing so let's just call him lazy, pretend like he has no excuses because he's a millionaire. What a dumb logic.

Old
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Maybe if players like Bourque, Gomez or Luongo didn't sign stupidly long contracts they wouldn't be in the spot they are in. They go for the big payday and the term only to realize they are going to be miserable if they can't keep their end of the bargain.

It's too bad only Luongo seems to have the cajones to take any responsibility for the situation they are in.

He's been done for a long time, I hope we sent him to Hamilton for next season and then buy him out the next year. Hey bus driver, are we there yet? Lol.

Old
03-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Andrei79

Quote:
Well that's quite the unrealistic view buddy.
Money isn't everything. I know plenty of people here seem to think that if you make millions you have no reason to be sad, depressed, upset, annoyed, but that isn't the reality.

Have you ever lived in a city that you simply do not like? It's not fun at all. I'm not saying it makes it okay for him not to perform. But the general statements that all hockey players should always perform at the best of their abilities, and the only explanation to them not showing up is ''heartless'' and ''lazy'' are so incredibly stupid and out of touch.

It happens in every field of work where employees drop in performance and eventually quit for various reasons (none of which have to do with being heartless or lazy), go elsewhere and perform better, or change domains entirely.
Maybe Bourque never liked Mtl (it's not like it's a magical city that everybody is just dying to move too despite what many Mtlers believe), maybe he hates his boss, maybe he's struggling with his family, maybe he's traumatized from getting concussed, maybe hockey isn't as fun to him anymore here. But hey, he's not performing so let's just call him lazy, pretend like he has no excuses because he's a millionaire. What a dumb logic.

So many excuses. It's the city/the coach/the concussions/the family. If you're not dedicated to what you're doing then retire and get the **** out of the league. This applies to the common worker too. Your actions are the only thing entirely under your control. Get your **** together or gtfo.

Old
03-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Cyclones Rock

As bad as Bourque has been in Montreal, it still might be possible to move him by basically giving him away and retaining salary. A poorer team like Florida or Nashville with offensive struggles might bite.

His cash salary for the remaining two years is $2.5 million per while his cap hit is $3.33 m per year.

A Buyout would cost the Habs $3.3 million in cash and $5 million in cap hits spread over the next 4 seasons.

A trade for essentially nothing (a seventh round pick or an unwanted minor leaguer) with the Habs retaining 50% of his salary would cost the team $1.25 million per year in cash and $1.67 million in cap space for the next two years. The main advantage is that the retention would allow Bourque to be off the books in 2 years versus the buyout 4 years.

In any case, it's hard to fathom that the Habs will move forward with Bourque on their roster for next season. There doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to even attempt to do so.

Old
03-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
So many excuses. It's the city/the coach/the concussions/the family. If you're not dedicated to what you're doing then retire and get the **** out of the league. This applies to the common worker too. Your actions are the only thing entirely under your control. Get your **** together or gtfo.
Well, they might be excuses, but that doesn't mean they aren't real. Also, he didn't choose to come here.
And no, it's not because you're unhappy doing your job for one company that you need to retire and get out of that business.

Old
03-22-2014, 02:34 PM
FazChenyuk

Still is a good asset on the third or fourth line, kid can skate and shoot still. Better then icing a nobody or Parros.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:05 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
If I was an athlete, I'm not sure I would like Mtl either. At least not today's Mtl.
Why wouldn't you want to play for passionate fans in, quoting Vanek, "the Mecca of Hockey". If you can't get up for games in Mtl, maybe you're in the wrong line of work.

I can understanding him not liking the spotlight or any negative attention, but, there is one sure way to avoid negative attention. Produce, and if you're not producing, at least make it look like you care. It doesn't matter where you play. Fans love guys who try hard, even if they don't produce.

One of the worst trades ever.... done the worst way possible, and probably for the worst of reasons. I wonder whose teammates' wife Camalleri screwed ... that's the only fathomable reason I can think of to trade for a guy that historically underachieves and is hard to motivate (and yes I'm sure trade happen for this reason more than we know, ask Corey Schneider, and yes I have a source ).

I'd be happy to get a bag of pucks for him ... actually at this point I'd throw in the bag of puck with him.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:33 PM
RC51

I have the answer. if Bourque wants out of MTL so bad and no other teams wants him right now, then why does he not go to the habs, tear up his contract and make it possible for a trade then. Let him get a new contract out west like he wants.

Old
03-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Habskrieg

Well, he dug up his own grave. That is, whether or not he likes Montreal.

I liked the guy at first. Thought he produce less points then Cammalleri, but would provide size and grit we needed. Can't say I've been "ok" with his game. Though it annoys me that some players got free passes. What ever...

Bourque should get traded. It sucks that he hasn't shown much to give us or himself a bargaining chip. At least his salary isn't very high and another team may see it fit as well as a good, acceptable risk to re-ignite his game.

I don't think we'll get much out of him. Either a pick, or another challenged player. Maybe packaged...

Old
03-22-2014, 04:07 PM
habitue*

Bourque to Edmonton for a 7th rounder. Or they gonna have to trade for another bad contract in return like David Booth or Horcoff....

Thank you.

Closed Thread