HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is it with Jagr?

Old
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I have to listen to offers.

If I get a decent return and I can get his salary off the books, it's a very attractive situation. The problem is Straka is signed for next season and I think if there is no Jagr, he loses a ton of his effectiveness. Personally I would let Straka walk and keep Shanny. I always thought it would be hard to keep both and get someone like Drury.

With the league the way it is (i.e. with a salary cap) teams fortunes can change quickly. If I can trade Jagr and get a return similar to what the Flyers got for Forsberg, I have to seriously consider it.

My biggest concern is I can't see this team being a whole let different next year than it is right now. And I don't know how much better guys like Jagr, Straka and Nylander are going to get (and even Shanny - although his value goes beyond what he does on the ice).

Trading Jagr just gives the team so much flexability to work with. I have to listen to offers.

I agree completely. This team is gonna be pretty much the same next year.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Trading Jagr = BIG mistake

02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The problem is that Jagr doesn't want to play anywhere else anyway. If the Rangers trade him, he'll probably retire which means that he has no value.

We just have to hope that it is his shoulder that has caused him to play so terribly this year and that in the off-season he can get back in shape and heal the shoulder fully and maybe next year he'll be back 100%. We shall see I guess. All I know is that 8 months to next September is a LONG LONG time and I'd rather be looking forward to mid-April right now.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I agree completely. This team is gonna be pretty much the same next year.

With their loyalty that exists towards the core of Jagr's Czech buddies there isn't much manueverability at all. All you can really do for next year is try to upgrade on D as much as possible, try to make the second line a legit threat for 82 games and hope Jagr bounces back a bit in the goals department..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:38 PM
mattyd99

This is ridiculous, absolutely digusting. Last year this thread got put up by me on my friend's name: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...gr+in+Shootout
I said it then, Jagr is not good in the shootout, and he has realized this and doesn't want to hurt the team. Yes, let's trade one of the best players in the NHL because he doesn't want to go in the shootout because he knows he is not good in them. It's funny Langenbrunner gets a lucky bounce and Prucha misses by 2 or 3 inches and now this whole debate starts. Jagr is going nowhere, sorry to burst anyone's bubble(don't know why I would be in the first place). Jagr has shown more emotion and leadership ability in the last 2 seasons then he has his whole career and it's sad so many people can't see it. The guy wants to win, hence why he played in the playoffs when he shouldn't have, why he takes himself out of the top 3 in shootouts and so many other things, and he gets this criticism. It's crazy to see "Jagr sucks" "Trade Jagr", the guy had major shoulder surgery in the offseason and will not be 100% until next year. Give the guy a break and stop being so hard on this team. Go back to the 7 year drought and think about things if you really think it's tough now.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Jagr flat out sucks!!!
Wish my team had someone that sucks as much as Jagr does...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Jagr took us into the playoffs on his own last yr and he was awful in shootout situations then too. You guys are crazy. The better question is why does it seem like the whole league is out to get him. Shanny isn't a guy who complains and even he sees it. Jagr gets hooked and held every single time he touches the puck. If he touches someone, hes in the box. The goalie interference call tonight was an absolute joke. He was hooked and tripped into Brodeur in a tie hockey game with 4 min left. I don't blame him for getting down and frustrated. If I were him, I'd give Bettman the middle finger, thank him for marketing the stars of the NHL and go to the Czech Republic.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
This is ridiculous, absolutely digusting. Last year this thread got put up by me on my friend's name: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...gr+in+Shootout
I said it then, Jagr is not good in the shootout, and he has realized this and doesn't want to hurt the team. Yes, let's trade one of the best players in the NHL because he doesn't want to go in the shootout because he knows he is not good in them. It's funny Langenbrunner gets a lucky bounce and Prucha misses by 2 or 3 inches and now this whole debate starts. Jagr is going nowhere, sorry to burst anyone's bubble(don't know why I would be in the first place). Jagr has shown more emotion and leadership ability in the last 2 seasons then he has his whole career and it's sad so many people can't see it. The guy wants to win, hence why he played in the playoffs when he shouldn't have, why he takes himself out of the top 3 in shootouts and so many other things, and he gets this criticism. It's crazy to see "Jagr sucks" "Trade Jagr", the guy had major shoulder surgery in the offseason and will not be 100% until next year. Give the guy a break and stop being so hard on this team. Go back to the 7 year drought and think about things if you really think it's tough now.
Yay, I may not totally agree with everything you said but it's a breath of fresh air actually hearing something good about him for a change. We make it out to sound like he's the sole responsibility for our problems (if you can even call them that). It's like people expect him to score every single night or suddenly he sucks. I too think he did the right thing in the shootout. He's just not a shootout guy and never was

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:10 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
What's the point of trading Jagr if you're going to then trade for Tkachuk? That's silliness.
Because east-west style of play changes to a north-south.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:34 AM
paintballruler*

without jagr the rangers would be terrible. i have mixed feeling about jagr. he some times goes out and plays amazing and then other nights he has bad shifts.

He was amazing last year and no one thought about trading him, he now has a shoulder problem...which could the end of him.

And everyone is saying give the "C" to shanahan......shanahan may be done with also. Word is, is that he hurt his shoulder and this is his 20 something concusion.

That is what the rumor is about shanny

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Because east-west style of play changes to a north-south.
No, you'll be trading for a pure rental player who has basically said outright that he will re-sign in St. Louis in the summer. He's this year's Doug Weight, if he gets dealt.

If Jagr gets dealt (about as likely as Crosby being traded at the deadline), then you don't turn around and make a deal for a rental like Tkachuk. That'd be crazy and downright irresponsible.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Wish my team had someone that sucks as much as Jagr does...
Atleast you guys have a shot at the playoffs.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:24 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
You guys seem to forget that Jagr was terrible in the shootouts last year, and I for one am glad that he's not shooting. He is like 1-12 or something terrible. If anything, he is showing a lot of leadership by knowing his limits. Who said a captain has the be superman at everything? We should've won the game anyway but it got snatched out from us yet again. You guys were killing Jagr on the boards last year when he shot and sucked, so I don't get why all of the sudden you all want him to go...talk about short memories...

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 03:55 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Let's trade him for Anson Carter.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:56 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post

I couldn't have said it better myself! The guy has been excellent on and off the ice since coming here, tried to say the right things, and been basically all he can be. He is definitely having some struggles this season, yet look at the numbers, its astonishing all the hate pointed toward him, but I guess when you're great, you're supposed to carry things all the time. And as for the comment someone made about him not hustling, its pretty much bs......most of his perceived "lack of hustle" comes from him being out on the ice so long and being exhausted by the time he's going off. I'm not saying he's untouchable, but if you're basing a trade on him being a problem, or because he doesn't want to participate in the shootout when he feels there are better players for it, and obviously Renney does too, then you're dead wrong!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:40 AM
bathgate

I've been on the trade Jagr bandwagon almost all year. Let's talk basics. The Rangers are not going to win the Cup. The idea is to build a legitimate team to compete for the Cup. I'm not interested in finishing eighth and being eliminated. I'd take a step back to move two steps forward. We actually have started building from the goal out. Henke is a franchise goalie. The defense has solid potential in Tyutin, Staal, Baranka, Sauer, Sanguinette, and possibly Girardi.There is some potential among the forwards with Dubi, Korps and Cally. I'd trade Jagr Shanny et al for some prospects and picks. Ufa's will join the team. Waiting until Tuesday does not and will not solve the team's issues. Putting a "competitive" team on the ice until the kids are ready is nonsense and insulting. Please rebuild the appropiate way. I'm tired of hearing N.Y. will not stand for it. I've paid for thirty five years and I'm willing to continue under the right circumstances!

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Fletch

If we're talking about Jagr....

being in a shootout, then count me in as one of those who thinks he should stop whining like a baby and get in the game. I'm usually for guys stepping aside and saying I hurt the team, but enough's enough. This team has lost its last few shootouts (i.e., 2-3 points; 2-3 points it has so desparately needed). It's time he cut his 'I'm not good enough anymore' crap and get out there and do what he's being paid to do. He gets paid twice as much as anyone else on this team. He's the captain. He carried this team on his back last season. The team battled to a tie against a good team...at home. Lundqvist played a very good game. They needed to have their best chance to win to send home the Garden Faithful happy, and give his team another point when the Isles got 2, Toronto got 1, TB got 2, ATL 1, Carolina 1, etc. This is why Jagr is here. The game doesn't end after 65 minutes anymore.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jagr=AROD

Two wonderfully gifted players who are arguably the best players in the respective sports but are more mentally fragile than an egg.Their confidence levels fluctuate more than the weather

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:09 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jagr is softer than Charmin

Remember that commercial "Don't squeeze the charmin"

Jagr has 8 goals in the last 32/33 games

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Jagr is either hurt or wants out of NY. He isn't shooting and his statements about not wanting to shoot in the shootout are him begging out or the arm just isn't able to snap off a good shoot. I don't like him but it may be him playing through injury

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Fletch

Rangerboy...

when was Jagr's last PP goal?

Old
02-23-2007, 08:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
December 19 vs. New York Islanders.

On a side note, he only has 4 PP goals all season as opposed to 24 last year.

Old
02-23-2007, 08:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Something like 26 games.

02-23-2007, 09:01 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's funny though. We all know Jagr is hurt, but put it this way. 21 - 52 - 73

He's on track for
28 - 70 - 98

In his career (16 seasons) he's had 5, 100 plus point seasons. 98 points isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, especially for someone who's been hurt all year. He's also averaged about 95 points a season thoughout his career. Therefore, he's hitting right on his average. We can't expect a season like last year every year and by the fact that his shoulder is still not 100% shows a lot.

Old
02-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Fletch

Thanks...

I heard it last night (thought they had said 26 games - which now would make it 27), but wasn't exactly sure what the real number was.