HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Mar. 22, 2014| Blues 1 at Flyers 4

Old
03-22-2014, 02:58 PM
The Couturier Effect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
is it ok if i admit i do this dance IRL ?

It's one of the many dances I do when the Flyers win.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Now we gotta root for both the Devils and Habs tonight to make this day even more hilarious.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
If anyone wants to tune in, post-game radio: http://www.975thefanatic.com/listen-live/

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
OgbertTheNerd
what

What's the record for most minor penalties in a game by one player? I think Giroux was trying to break it.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

and oh yes i told you we would sparka sin rov!!!!!!!!

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:01 PM
FlyersFan61290

I can't believe this is the same team that lost to the Devils right before the Pens.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:02 PM
whskybarJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
It's not over yet. Don't get too happy boys. Have some very tough games left. Just think if they didn't let the devils game and leafs game slip away.
  • 11 games left
  • flyers playing solid hockey
  • "measuring" stick game
  • no snow on the ground
  • afternoon game

you can be as happy as you want.

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueDream

Good game. I like teams that also play a physical game similar to us, solid hockey to watch. Best of luck to Philly the rest of the way, you seem to be hitting your stride at the perfect time.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I can't believe this is the same team that lost to the Devils right before the Pens.
Devils are a good team, and they own us. I would rather play any other team than the devils.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Giroux's two points were even more incredible when you consider his 8 minutes in penalties today. Brilliant defensive effort today after they got the lead.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Winston Wolf

Terrible game from the refs.

I can't really pick out any player that had a bad game. I must say, although he has had some bad sequences of decision making and puck handling recently, Luke Schenn looks like a considerably better skater after the Olympic break. He is actually able to skate with opposing forwards from neutral ice to the defensive zone.

It would be nice if Berube could work Read and Giroux together at even strength a little more. Voracek is a nice player, but Read is the scorer Giroux needs.

Edit: I feel like Blues fans should be happy with the outcome of this game, just for the fact that Oshie isn't out for 6 weeks. His hand must be made of steel! That was pretty much the definition of a point blank shot.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
What's the record for most minor penalties in a game by one player? I think Giroux was trying to break it.
He's trying to break Gretzky's record of holding the most records

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Any update on Downie? Flu-like symptoms"

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Good game. I like teams that also play a physical game similar to us, solid hockey to watch. Best of luck to Philly the rest of the way, you seem to be hitting your stride at the perfect time.
Thanks. The oddity of the schedule has the teams playing again in about 10 days.

Old
WACCAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
If anyone wants to tune in, post-game radio: http://www.975thefanatic.com/listen-live/
Just tuned in. Really interesting to hear Mason talk about how he wasn't enjoying hockey at all the last few years until he got traded. I guess it's not that surprising though...

WACCAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:04 PM
FlyRoutine

Awesome game by all lines, glad to see Vinny play some good hockey again.

FlyRoutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:04 PM
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
What a win! Bring on the pints baby!

Unheralded star today: Andrew MacDonald. The guy does everything right. Re-signing him is imperative (to say the least)
Yeah he was good other than the play that led to the SHG, good pick up by Holmgren

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:05 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACCAttack View Post
Just tuned in. Really interesting to hear Mason talk about how he wasn't enjoying hockey at all the last few years until he got traded. I guess it's not that surprising though...
He seems very controlled in his speech, diplomatic yet secure. It's a measure of maturity. He seems to have responded to Jeff Reese but he had a meeting with Bernie Parent a few weeks back. Perhaps, that was another resource of calmness.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
The most penalties by anyone is ten, I think, but that included major penalties and a game ejection.

03-22-2014, 03:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Devils are a good team, and they own us. I would rather play any other team than the devils.
Devils are a good team when they play the Flyers. You can't tell me though that watching the Flyers against the Devils and then the Pens four days later is a night and day difference. It's not all the Devils playing the Flyers well.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACCAttack View Post
He basically creditied reese and the flyers with saving his career. Glad he is a flyer.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The most penalties by anyone is ten, I think, but that included major penalties and a game ejection.
I am not sure the record. I remember when Holmgren had four minors in a game against Pittsburgh and was named the game's top star.

Just in time for the Kings' GDT:

March 11, 1979 -- The Flyers posted a 6-3 home win in a game that featured NHL records (since broken) including most PIMs (380) and penalties (54). Wayne Stephenson made 34 saves and Bill Barber (1-2-3) led the offense. Ken Linseman, whose goal made it 3-1 with 10 seconds to play in the second period, said afterwards "We can scare a lot of teams when we fight." The donnybrook began when the Kings' Randy Holt retaliated to Blake Dunlop's comment of "Screw off!" After the game, Holt said "No way someone like him is going to tell me that." The Flyers had 194 PIMs (188/4/2 by period) and the Kings had 186 (184/2/0 by period). The Flyers had 29 penalties (26/2/1 by period) and the Kings had 25 (24/1/0 by period). Records set included most PIMs in a game by both teams (380), most PIMs in one period by both teams (372), most PIMs in a game by one team (194 by Philly), most PIMs in one period for one team (188 by Philly), most penalties in a game by both teams (54), and most penalties by both teams in a period (50). The 54 penalties broke down as follows: 10 minors (seven to Philly), 16 majors (eight apiece), 12 10-minute misconducts (six apiece) and 16 game misconducts (eight apiece including double misconducts to Frank Bathe, Paul Holmgren and Mel Bridgman of the Flyers and a double to Steve Jensen and triple misconduct to Holt of the Kings.) Holt was suspended two games and set NHL records for most penalties issued to a player in a game with nine and most PIMs by a player in one game with 67 (a minor, 3 majors, two 10-minute misconducts, 3 game misconducts), 57 of which came when the first period expired. Tossed from the game were Bathe (team record 55 minutes), Holmgren (37 PIMs), Bridgman (35 PIMs), Behn Wilson (34 PIMs) and Bob Kelly (25 PIMs) of the Flyers and Holt (67 PIMs), Jensen (35 PIMs), Bert Wilson (32 PIMs), Mark Heaslip (25 PIMs) and Dave Taylor (25 PIMs). Among the injured Kings: Holt had a five-stitch cut to his hand, Bert Wilson ten stitches to his finger and Steve Jensen six stitches to his lip. Holmgren had eight stitches to his cheek and four stitches to his hand. Marcel Dionne, who scored consecutive goals including his 50th of the season, threatened to quit the NHL because of what he perceived as excessive violence and said "I'll sue if someone cracks me over my head."

Old
03-22-2014, 03:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

Schenn tied G for team lead in GWG with 5.

Old
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Terrible game from the refs.

I can't really pick out any player that had a bad game. I must say, although he has had some bad sequences of decision making and puck handling recently, Luke Schenn looks like a considerably better skater after the Olympic break. He is actually able to skate with opposing forwards from neutral ice to the defensive zone.

It would be nice if Berube could work Read and Giroux together at even strength a little more. Voracek is a nice player, but Read is the scorer Giroux needs.

Edit: I feel like Blues fans should be happy with the outcome of this game, just for the fact that Oshie isn't out for 6 weeks. His hand must be made of steel! That was pretty much the definition of a point blank shot.
Yeah the refs were awful.

Totally agree on Oshie. Can't believe his hand isn't broken from blocking that shot from like 3 feet away. God, we would have been so ****ed if that happened.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Devils are a good team when they play the Flyers. You can't tell me though that watching the Flyers against the Devils and then the Pens four days later is a night and day difference. It's not all the Devils playing the Flyers well.
I think we are a team that feeds off offense and emotion, and the devils just take those 2 things off the table and make you play a boring game and the moment you try to do something out of the ordinary they capitalize on your mistake.