HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Mar. 22, 2014| Blues 1 at Flyers 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2014, 04:30 PM
  #101
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Huge win today. Crowd was rocking after a big PK in the 3rd.

Got to say, Schwartz looks good in person. Very dangerous.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:34 PM
  #102
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,706
vCash: 500
Oh and the refs were awful again today.

That one hooking call on Giroux at the end of the 2nd was terrible.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:36 PM
  #103
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
just watching replay of voraceks goal -good play by hartnell along the boards to dig puck out and get the turnover-slick pass by giroux -nice finish by voracek.clutch goal by a great line.love it.

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:37 PM
  #104
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
just watching replay of voraceks goal -good play by hartnell along the boards to dig puck out and get the turnover-slick pass by giroux -nice finish by voracek.clutch goal by a great line.love it.
I think he was initially trying to get it to Jake but the puck hit a stick and went to Giroux instead. Still a great play by Hartnell.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:42 PM
  #105
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,687
vCash: 165
36 minutes of minors...

that is ridiculous.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:02 PM
  #106
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
I think he was initially trying to get it to Jake but the puck hit a stick and went to Giroux instead. Still a great play by Hartnell.
i think so too.a little puck luck never hurts.
i am sitting watching the game over again(when we win i always do)and giroux made some amazing plays today- passes,slick defensive plays that i didnt even really notice during game.
little things like on certain plays when he received a pass i didnt notice he had to take the puck out of the air. when he made a pass it had to be saucered two feet to get it over two blues sticks.
just does it so casually,anyway,its beautiful.awesome talent.

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:05 PM
  #107
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,559
vCash: 500
I liked how Raffl went down for a block in the remaining seconds of the game on the PP despite the game basically being over. He took one hard & was visibly hurt then went back for more. I can see why people would be concerned with that type of play at that moment but it showed what type of player he is to me.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:12 PM
  #108
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I <3 Pietrangelo
This game may have been an outlier but I wasn't overly impressed with him. He seems very sound in his positioning, but nothing else stood out to me (except the multiple times he missed the net).

Maybe the advanced stats say otherwise, but just with the eye test I kind of expected more. (This is coming from someone who has barely watched any Blues games as well but constantly reads about this dudes hype).

Flyers played fantastic 2nd and 3rd periods. Mason was spectacular, we're gonna need him to be big in the playoffs.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:12 PM
  #109
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,687
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I liked how Raffl went down for a block in the remaining seconds of the game on the PP despite the game basically being over. He took one hard & was visibly hurt then went back for more. I can see why people would be concerned with that type of play at that moment but it showed what type of player he is to me.
Yeh... he is heart and soul... which is one of the reasons I think this team is doing so well, pretty much every player wants it every shift and will do anything to help the team win. No real prima donnas on the squad.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
  #110
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I liked how Raffl went down for a block in the remaining seconds of the game on the PP despite the game basically being over. He took on hard & was visibly hurt then went back for more. I can see why people would be concerned with that type of play at that moment but it showed what type of player he is to me.
that kind of play is huge...how do you not love a player that will go back for more in that situation.

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
  #111
Funf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I liked how Raffl went down for a block in the remaining seconds of the game on the PP despite the game basically being over. He took one hard & was visibly hurt then went back for more. I can see why people would be concerned with that type of play at that moment but it showed what type of player he is to me.
Totally.

This whole team is committed to playing defense right now, and it's great. Even a guy like Lecavalier is out there, blocking shots, back checking hard, doing the little things that make a difference.

Funf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:26 PM
  #112
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
i think so too.a little puck luck never hurts.
i am sitting watching the game over again(when we win i always do)and giroux made some amazing plays today- passes,slick defensive plays that i didnt even really notice during game.
little things like on certain plays when he received a pass i didnt notice he had to take the puck out of the air. when he made a pass it had to be saucered two feet to get it over two blues sticks.
just does it so casually,anyway,its beautiful.awesome talent.
What amazes me about him is how strong he is on the puck for someone his size. You don't see him get out-muscled very often.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:30 PM
  #113
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Vinny has been playing very well lately. Not a whole lot to show for it in terms of points but he's really improved his play.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:48 PM
  #114
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
What amazes me about him is how strong he is on the puck for someone his size. You don't see him get out-muscled very often.
hes just so intense and strong willed.giroux with the puck is like a pitbull with a poodle.he wants it bad and once he gets it hes gonna keep it.

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 05:56 PM
  #115
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
that kind of play is huge...how do you not love a player that will go back for more in that situation.
Raffl, like another Austrian, doesn't... ever... stop.


JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 06:04 PM
  #116
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Oh and the refs were awful again today.

That one hooking call on Giroux at the end of the 2nd was terrible.
Yes, the refs were horrendous

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 06:20 PM
  #117
Keaver
Registered User
 
Keaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
just watching replay of voraceks goal -good play by hartnell along the boards to dig puck out and get the turnover-slick pass by giroux -nice finish by voracek.clutch goal by a great line.love it.
That line looks like the Leino, Briere, Hartnell line except way more skilled.

Keaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 07:07 PM
  #118
CerpinTaxt
Registered User
 
CerpinTaxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Voracek now has a personal best 52 pts. on the season

CerpinTaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 07:32 PM
  #119
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh... he is heart and soul... which is one of the reasons I think this team is doing so well, pretty much every player wants it every shift and will do anything to help the team win. No real prima donnas on the squad.
Amazing how much better the goaltending gets when the team plays like that for 60 mins

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:13 PM
  #120
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
This game may have been an outlier but I wasn't overly impressed with him. He seems very sound in his positioning, but nothing else stood out to me (except the multiple times he missed the net).

Maybe the advanced stats say otherwise, but just with the eye test I kind of expected more. (This is coming from someone who has barely watched any Blues games as well but constantly reads about this dudes hype).

Flyers played fantastic 2nd and 3rd periods. Mason was spectacular, we're gonna need him to be big in the playoffs.
I agree with all of this. I myself don't watch a lot of the Blues either but he did look pretty ordinary. Couturier stripped him of the puck pretty easy too on one of their PP's

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:24 PM
  #121
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
He basically creditied reese and the flyers with saving his career. Glad he is a flyer.
that interview on comcast?

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:27 PM
  #122
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
Vinny has been playing very well lately. Not a whole lot to show for it in terms of points but he's really improved his play.
Olympic break was much needed. Otherwise we would just continue to be lamenting his play.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
  #123
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,624
vCash: 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
that interview on comcast?
It was a radio interview. There is a post-game interview on the Flyers' site but not the one discussed here earlier.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:46 PM
  #124
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500


''mason is so hot right now,mason''

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:50 PM
  #125
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash
 
onlylordsvsmorebp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It was a radio interview. There is a post-game interview on the Flyers' site but not the one discussed here earlier.
yes i checked out flyers site hoping it was the one,did you happen to hear it?

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.