HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy emerges as a winner again in Montreal- A Note on Subban.

Old
03-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
If you leave because of that then you are not a real fan. Its supposed to be about the crest on the front of the jersey not the back, I could care less who leaves the team, I cheer for the Habs..period, the players come and go, who cares.
I became a Montreal fan as a kid because of Patrick Roy, not because of "the crest," so like the poster you're responding to I do not see anything wrong with choosing not to cheer for a team because of piss poor management.

It's an entertainment entity, not your family. There are no sanctions for making a choice to get your entertainment elsewheres and people shouldn't be judged for such silliness.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
juve

vCash: 500
Quote:
If you leave because of that then you are not a real fan. Its supposed to be about the crest on the front of the jersey not the back, I could care less who leaves the team, I cheer for the Habs..period, the players come and go, who cares.
I'd do the same thing too. I'd burn my habs jersey if they trade Subban and name Gorges as captain. My mom is a Bruins fan and always had a jersey waiting for me. How can someone continue to cheer for a team with piss-poor management.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
I supported this team through many many bad years and even worse trades. There comes a time when enough his enough and you lose the love you had for a team. I remained a fan after the Chelios trade and after the Roy trade but I refuse to go through the same thing again if they **** up on the Subban contract. It doesn't make me any less a fan it just means I refuse to take it anymore.

Saintpatrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I became a Montreal fan as a kid because of Patrick Roy, not because of "the crest," so like the poster you're responding to I do not see anything wrong with choosing not to cheer for a team because of piss poor management.

It's an entertainment entity, not your family. There are no sanctions for making a choice to get your entertainment elsewheres and people shouldn't be judged for such silliness.
Well said again.

Old
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Hard to disagree. I'll say....if PK is dealt or leaves over this management I'll really be pushed to the brink.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
I supported this team through many many bad years and even worse trades. There comes a time when enough his enough and you lose the love you had for a team. I remained a fan after the Chelios trade and after the Roy trade but I refuse to go through the same thing again if they **** up on the Subban contract. It doesn't make me any less a fan it just means I refuse to take it anymore.
Plus, it's always the same problem of being too small. We've been small team for more than a decade. Then Management says "We need to Get Biggger!" Signs and trades for Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta, Weaver, Desharnais, Boullion, Briere, etc... You need a good balance, you can't have a team filled with Timbits players and expect to win. It's always the same crap over and over again. Enough is enough!

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
smcgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I'd do the same thing too. I'd burn my habs jersey if they trade Subban and name Gorges as captain. My mom is a Bruins fan and always had a jersey waiting for me. How can someone continue to cheer for a team with piss-poor management.
Ask a Leafs fan.

smcgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
SB164

"Price has always been protected and lionized within the organization. Subban, not so much."

This is a good point. Also, if Carey Price had won the Vezina Trophy last year, you bet your ass the Canadiens would have had press conference about it.

Other than adding a "P.K. Subban" plaque among former trophy winners (standard procedure), have the Habs done anything or ever publicly congratulated Subban on his Norris?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
"Price has always been protected and lionized within the organization. Subban, not so much."

This is a good point. Also, if Carey Price had won the Vezina Trophy last year, you bet your ass the Canadiens would have had press conference about it.

Other than adding a "P.K. Subban" plaque among former trophy winners (standard procedure), have the Habs done anything or ever publicly congratulated Subban on his Norris?
tbf I don't think the team should be celebrating anything but Stanley Cups. There is too much history to get excited about silly accomplishments like winning a playoff round or a personal trophy.

That being said, it has to be consistent so Subban needs his props if they're going to pass it around to others. Overall though, I think they've done a pretty decent job at reducing the polarization in the media besides the odd slip. They just have to make sure Subban gets his contract (most concerned with term) and that Price gets some support in the form of defensive help.

Old
03-22-2014, 12:30 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Go Montreal Subbans Go!!!!!!!

Should be a great game tomorrow night with the Subbans playing the Leafs as the playoff races tighten.

If the Subbans dont make the playoffs, chalk up another failed year in a series of years the the Subbans have not won a Cup.

If the Subbans dont win a Cup soon, I might have to pull for the Montreal Price's.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Go Montreal Subbans Go!!!!!!!

Should be a great game tomorrow night with the Subbans playing the Leafs as the playoff races tighten.

If the Subbans dont make the playoffs, chalk up another failed year in a series of years the the Subbans have not won a Cup.

If the Subbans dont win a Cup soon, I might have to pull for the Montreal Price's.
That wasn't the point people were making. Life long fans like myself are sick of this organizations management making piss poor decisions. Subban's contract renewal should have been a no brainer and should have been done a long time ago. It seems like this organization is going out of its way to **** with this kid and it isn't right.

Old
03-22-2014, 02:13 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpatrick View Post
That wasn't the point people were making. Life long fans like myself are sick of this organizations management making piss poor decisions. Subban's contract renewal should have been a no brainer and should have been done a long time ago. It seems like this organization is going out of its way to **** with this kid and it isn't right.
It's not the same people who ****ed up with Roy, Chelios, Leclair and Desjardins. Relax.
They don't want to lose him any more than you do.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 04:17 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Lets just remind everyone that Subban doesn't want to go anywhere else and can't go anywhere else until hes 27 meaning two seasons from now. If he refuses to play until the 1st of December he won't be allowed to play the rest of the season. Meaning he will still remain a restricted free agent until he becomes 27 yrs old. Theres just no way that in the short term PK's situation with the habs can be put in question.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Lets just remind everyone that Subban doesn't want to go anywhere else and can't go anywhere else until hes 27 meaning two seasons from now. If he refuses to play until the 1st of December he won't be allowed to play the rest of the season. Meaning he will still remain a restricted free agent until he becomes 27 yrs old. Theres just no way that in the short term PK's situation with the habs can be put in question.
Except you know a trade (like Roy, Chelios etc) or an offer-sheet. Mind you an offer sheet can just be matched and Subban likely wouldn't sign one to begin with but the possibility of it being screwed up is still there.

Old
03-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Tyson

Wow the draft dodger wrote a good article...that's a first

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
All PK has to do is sign a short term contract and leave when he is a UFA which will force the GM to trade him. I can easily see scenario happening.

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:24 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
All PK has to do is sign a short term contract and leave when he is a UFA which will force the GM to trade him. I can easily see scenario happening.
easily ?

you talk like it would be easy to leave 40, 50 or 60 Millions on the table...

you must be crazy rich to think that way

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
easily ?

If he feels like he's being mistreated by the organization he might take a shorter term so he can become a UFA. Maybe we're being too sensitive or read too much into what Therrien says about him or doesn't say but I get the feeling Subban and Therrien don't get along. History shows us that if it came down to the coach vs a star player this organization unwisely chooses the coach every time.

Old
03-22-2014, 06:08 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
easily ?

How exactly does he force the GM to give him a short term contract? Does he use magic? Voodoo? Jedi mind tricks?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 06:31 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
I care about the players, they represent the logo
Would you cheer for a team of monkeys?
Sorry but if said logo chose Therrien over Subban I would stop cheering for the Canadiens

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote