HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 09:59 AM
habsfan4life

vCash: 500
What do you think?

I just aquired Rastislav Klesla and a first round draft pick that will be no lower than 20th in this years draft for Dan Boyle in my keeper league.

What do you guys think?

Is there any recent news with Klesla that could be of intrest?

Old
02-05-2004, 10:17 AM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan4life
I just aquired Rastislav Klesla and a first round draft pick that will be no lower than 20th in this years draft for Dan Boyle in my keeper league.

What do you guys think?

With the recent trade of Sydor they are giving Klesla some good ice time on the PP, at least that is the plan from Gallant. I'd definitely do that trade in a Keeper. IMO in 3 or 4 years Klesla will be one of the top 15 defensemen in the league. His +/- will hurt for a while, but it will be worth it.

Old
02-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan4life

What do you guys think?

Thats a very good steel for you.

Smart to take it.

Old
02-05-2004, 09:11 PM
jackets63

It will take a few years still for Rusty to come around fully. But Im more and more confident that he will be a top defenseman in the league some day soon. Far better than Boyle eventually. As long as youre in it for the long haul and willing to wait.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:39 AM
habsfan4life

Thanks for the responses people. Here's a little more information... Boyle is currently rated a 79 overall in the league. I traded for the rights to Boyle for 500K about two years ago and he went from a 70 to a 79 in that time.

So basically what I've done is turned 500K + whatever money my team has paid Boyle since (roughly 2-3 million) for Klesla and a first rounder... money well spent!

I really hope Klesla is as good as they say he will be and I have the patience to wait it out... Lehtonen is still a ways away from being ready to replace Denis as my goaltender.

Just a little side note, it's kind of a drag that the Blue Jackets have had such a poor year... they are quickly becoming my favourite American hockey franchise. I actually had a feeling that the Jackets would be challenging for a playoff spot this year and I even told a few people that they would! haha! I was a bit off... maybe next year.

Closed Thread