HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rosen-Micheletti

Old
02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Rosen-Micheletti

Can't stand this duo. Each of them is a good person, but they do not make sense together. Joe is not a good substitute for JD, if not a complete failure. I had to switch to Doc-Chico last night. They are entertaining and even objective (Rech sad that Tyutin's penalty was a refs mistake, for example) with good hockey sense. I think Sam has to leave and do the football only, which he is unsurpassed at.

Last edited by 94now: 02-23-2007 at 12:08 PM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
sam might be losing it a little, but i still love him. i dont have a problem with them together. it takes more than a season to compare to sam and jd

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
In The Flesh

I can't believe you switched to Doc and Chicho, at least put it on mute and turn on the radio, thats better than Doc and Chicho.

Sam is great, and I like Joe, he says it like it is, I don't think they're bad at all.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Can't we give more than part of a season to judge them? Joe is hardly in a desireable position. Replacing the best in the game is never easy.

02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
SML

I don't like Michelletti, But there's nothing wrong with Sam. I just think we were spoiled by having JD around for so long because he was damn good. I would sooner turn the tv off than go to Emrick when I didn't have to. When Sam packs it in, I would bet Howie Rose comes over from the Isles.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Garv23

I like them. Sam's a little soft sometimes but he's one of the best. Micheletti gets fired up and it makes me laugh. I'm waiting to hear him snap during a broadcast.

Doc and Chico? Are you nuts? The two of them together sound like a couple of Wizard of Oz midgets. All Chico does the whole game is drool over Marty. I do like Doc though. He knows the game. But that voice...

Garv23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I don't like Michelletti, But there's nothing wrong with Sam. I just think we were spoiled by having JD around for so long because he was damn good. I would sooner turn the tv off than go to Emrick when I didn't have to. When Sam packs it in, I would bet Howie Rose comes over from the Isles.
Maybe the Rangers could then go for another climb on Mt Vancouver

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
coolbean04

i honestly think they're not that bad. It could be A LOT worse.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:52 AM
shoeshine5

I actually like Michelletti. Him waving back to me before the Ottawa blowout game was probably the highlight of the game for me.

The one thing I am sick of is the constant reminder of how teams are playing against Jagr. We know they are going to be all over him all night, we know that Renney is going to try to juggle lines to get around this. If they ice the puck, we can expect Jagr to be out there. Enough already.

Does anyone think that the broadcast is a little more positive this year, than in previous years? Of course it is going to be slanted towards the Rangers, but they rarely have anything bad to say about anything the Rangers do, or Renney, etc.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
They are both good at their jobs but Sam is NY Rangers Hockey and Joe isn't. Replacing JD is never easy but Joe isn't cutting it. I really want Dave Maloney on TV

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I had to switch to Doc-Chiko last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
...but Joe isn't cutting it.
I think that's probably a little harsh. I can understand if people think Joe is a little stiff or they don't like his style, but it would be hard to argue that he's doing a bad job.

I always liked Joe and thought he and Howie Rose were one of the better NHL tandems. Of course, I also like Emrick, so what do I know?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

I think that's probably a little harsh. I can understand if people think Joe is a little stiff or they don't like his style, but it would be hard to argue that he's doing a bad job.

I always liked Joe and thought he and Howie Rose were one of the better NHL tandems. Of course, I also like Emrick, so what do I know?
i actually like rose myself, and emrick but i truly can not stand his voice sometime and it's unfortunate for him.. also when he over dramatizes it gets annoying

i agree with the person above that said we've been spoiled, joe is probably in the top % of color guys around the league.. i don't love this duo but i am more than comfortable with them

the only time i have ever chose radio over tv broadcasting for any sporting event is when the mets had gary cohen doing play by play on wfan and healy doing games on fsny.. i will admit though i am a big fan of maloney in the boothe but i would never torture myself with this group unless i felt i was being tortured by the tv which can easily happen if msg decides to put crispino and trautwig in there one day

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Fletch

I have rarely heard...

Chico be objective before, especially regarding a penalty against the Devils. And when he is objective, he's like, well, OK, almost disappointed.

Joe isn't JD, for sure, and I've been a critic, but his honestly of late has been nice to hear. It doesn't seem as though Joe and Sam are buddy/buddy. They very well may be, but the chemistry hasn't developed over the season and as Joe comes into his own, it seems as though it gets even further. The problem is Joe just doesn't seem like a fun guy - JD did, but I don't see any other options out there, unless Richter wants to take a crack.

I'm fine anyways - it's listenable for sure.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Gamma82

I have no problem with them, obviously I'd rather have JD in the booth. You have to give them time to compare them with Sam and JD, who worked together for how many years?

It could be a lot worse.

Gamma82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

Joe doesn't do a bad job. He does his preparation and his comments are often useful, but he is a follower, not the leader the color guy should be. The lack of hockey knowledge is more at MSG after JD departure. Rosen and Trautwig and dominating figures now. Those are football people.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Sam and Joe don't have the same chemstry that's sure. I remember you'd always hear Sam and JD laughing about stuff during the games. Sam and Joe it isn't as often. Plus Sam and JD even sounds better than Sam and Joe.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Stoney La Rock

I think Joe's doing a good job. He's not going to develop perfect chemistry with Sam overnight. A lot of you are probably too young to recall, but Sam and JD weren't exactly perfect together right from the get-go.

And I wouldn't want Dave Maloney to have the job (and considering that he was my favorite player during the late 70's, early 80's, that's saying something). He's better on radio (although I haven't been too thrilled with that, either). The few times he filled in with Sam last year, all he did was put on a cheesy smile and stare right at the camera. It kind of reminded me of that Bobby Granger commercial. Micheletti's much more at ease. Given some time, him and Sam will definitely get more comfortable with each other. I hope Sam doesn't retire anytime soon. Losing him and JD in the span of a year or two would be too much of a shock, and it wouldn't seem like Ranger hockey anymore. That would be the end of an era.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Davisian

I like that Joe doesn't try to be JD and have his own "Oh baby" schtick.

He just calls what he see's and lets the game do the talking.

I'm so tired of "color" guys who think they have to entertain us or clown it up to be popular.

But I also love the Maloney/Albert connection. Getting blacked out so much this year has forced me to listen to them more, and I think Albert is going to be that voice of the Rangers for a new generation.

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
A bit OT here but will the Rangers do anything next week to honor J.D. when the Blues are in town?

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:42 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I actually really like Doc Emrick. He's one of my favorite broadcasters out there. I know we're biased cause we're Rangers fans, but when he's not doing a Devils game, give him a listen. I think that voice is a great hockey voice...

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Emrick knows his **** and calls the game well. I just can't stand his voice, that's all.
Chico on the other hand makes me want to stick a fork through my eye. Even Devils fans that I know can't stand the guy.

Old
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
i honestly think they're not that bad. It could be A LOT worse.
imagine if we had mike crispino full time, that would be brutal

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
While Sam is my favourite, Doc Emrick is amongst the best play-by-play guys in the league. I don't like that he can never keep his mouth shut (I think most play-by-play guys feel that their job is to talk ALL the time, though, so that's not specific to him). I do like that he is good at using a broad vocabulary to describe the game in greater detail than most.

Chico Resch, on the other hand, drives me up the wall. I swear, his wife must be purple with jealousy for his love of Marty Brodeur. We can all see how good Brodeur is without having to have Resch orgasm every time he makes a save.

As for Joe, I think he seemed very nervous at the beginning of the season, but I'm growing to like him more and more. He's very neutral, which I like (almost too much sometimes! ). I would prefer to have a 'Rangers' guy and Maloney was my first choice to join Sam, both because of his Rangers connections and because of his character, but Joe has proven himself to be very knowledgeable and really focused on the game. I think he's doing a good job.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

"Oh Marty with a huge save! Look at that he just moved his glove in the way of the puck right there. Just fantastic!"

Old
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Guttersnipe
Leave Zubrus Alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Chico be objective before, especially regarding a penalty against the Devils. And when he is objective, he's like, well, OK, almost disappointed.
Having heard some unbelievable homers on Center Ice, I believe Chico is one of the most objective color guys around when it comes to penalties. Doc and Chico not only thought the Jagr penalty was weak, they were happy when the Devils didn't score on that power play because they didn't agree with the call. You don't have to like either of them, but you have to admit that's pretty objective.

Chico can be just as ebullient about the opposing team, he was slobbering all over the Penguins all game long.

Guttersnipe is offline   Reply With Quote