HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Mar. 22, 2014| Blues 1 at Flyers 4

Old
03-22-2014, 08:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlylordsvsmorebp View Post
yes i checked out flyers site hoping it was the one,did you happen to here it?
I did hear it. It was quite professional. He was secure in his own capacities but also thanked and was grateful. He mentioned Jeff Reese by name. I posted earlier that though he didn't discuss Bernie Parent, they had a meeting a few weeks ago and that perhaps helped stabilize any tendencies. More than anything, he seems focused and the interview began with the reporter seemingly making something drop, he (the reporter) laughed and apologized, but it didn't seem to faze Mason in the slightest.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-23-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: grammar -- too many "mention(s)"
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 09:09 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I did hear it. It was quite professional. He was secure in his own capacities but also thanked and was grateful. Mentioned Jeff Reese by name. I mentioned earlier, too, though he didn't mention Bernie Parent, a meeting he had a few weeks ago and that perhaps helped stabilize any tendencies.
thanks,i remember you talking about him speaking with Parent and looked it up at the time,very,very cool.
basically there will be bumps in the road on the way to the cup but your gonna get there,so dont dwell on the odd soft goal or bad game.as it turns out big change in his game thereafter.non coincidentally.
actually nice he mentioned Reese.if there together and on the same page on this deal,well,thats a good thing.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Grossmann had a good game.

Today they seemed to win every puck battle in the corners and along the boards. It is impressive to see how often they go into the boards and win the race for the pucks.

It just seems like this team has cohesiveness that we never have had in the past.

Mason has been in my opinion far better then expected this season, good for him, hope he keeps it going. He has been a great surprise since coming to philly. Doesn't replace losing Bob but im glad we got him.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:01 AM
flyersphan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I did hear it. It was quite professional. He was secure in his own capacities but also thanked and was grateful. Mentioned Jeff Reese by name. I mentioned earlier, too, though he didn't mention Bernie Parent, a meeting he had a few weeks ago and that perhaps helped stabilize any tendencies. More than anything, he seems focused and the interview began with the reporter seemingly making something drop, he (the reporter) laughed and apologized, but it didn't seem to faze Mason in the slightest.
Masons interviews r 1000% different from Bryz's post game interviews. Mason much more professional and more of a team player

flyersphan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

I just searched the boards for posts that contained "first paycheck" and seeing all the results was pretty funny.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphan20 View Post
Masons interviews r 1000% different from Bryz's post game interviews. Mason much more professional and more of a team player
Well that's because Mason isn't bat**** crazy.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:07 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty but Good View Post
I just searched the boards for posts that contained "first paycheck" and seeing all the results was pretty funny.
I've been meaning to ask, where has the whole "first paycheck" thing come from, anyway?

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 05:17 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphan20 View Post
Big understatement .

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:21 AM
TheKingPin

Outstanding game. They are playing so great. So happy to see this happening. Ramping up like crazy

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Prongo
Beer

I still enjoy watching Hartnell's play on the third goal. It annoys the hell out of me when people say he shouldn't be on this team, and we know most are saying this because of the horrible start to the year. Well everyone had a terrible start to the year and the team has rebounded very well. Hartnell is a great character guy and is helping this team win in some big moments.

I am getting a special feeling about this team, hopefully they make the playoffs and anything can happen...

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:15 AM
OgbertTheNerd
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I've been meaning to ask, where has the whole "first paycheck" thing come from, anyway?

Seemingly played every commercial break on Comcast.

OgbertTheNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I still enjoy watching Hartnell's play on the third goal. It annoys the hell out of me when people say he shouldn't be on this team, and we know most are saying this because of the horrible start to the year. Well everyone had a terrible start to the year and the team has rebounded very well. Hartnell is a great character guy and is helping this team win in some big moments.

I am getting a special feeling about this team, hopefully they make the playoffs and anything can happen...
hartnell is the heart of this team, Claude is the soul, Couturier is the facial hair/ testicles.

Hartnell's play is always a reflection of the Team. He is the team Barometer. WHen Hartnell is rolling chances are so is the team, and when he is off his game chances are so is the team.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:

watched that goal about two dozen times-hartnell makes such a great play up against the boards-the blues were on their way out-no way hartnell should have been able to tie that player up, dig the puck out with his feet,gain control and make that pass.
i just love that play.huge goal,obviously,in that game.
i really believe hartnell has tightened up his game lately,just flat out playing better and more disciplined.when he bears down and hes playing like this he brings alot to this team.
as for him being a flyer i could not agree with you more-he is a great character guy and has played great and has made big plays and scored huge clutch goals for this team in critical moments forever.sometimes he pisses me off but i love the guy.hartnell=flyer.

Old
03-23-2014, 10:42 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
hartnell is the heart of this team, Claude is the soul, Couturier is the facial hair/ testicles.

Hartnell's play is always a reflection of the Team. He is the team Barometer. WHen Hartnell is rolling chances are so is the team, and when he is off his game chances are so is the team.
cant stop laughing-couldnt you just say balls?testicles is just so ****ing graphic.you are right though ''cowboy'' couturier does bring those to the team.

Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 03-23-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old
03-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:52 AM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:
hilarious-at least it didnt break up any lines...just roll the second.oops...i mean get the 2 man pk unit out there.

Last edited by onlylordsvsmorebp: 03-23-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old
03-23-2014, 11:52 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Somebody photoshop Pitbull in place of the box keeper.

"Get the party started"

Old
03-23-2014, 01:03 PM
The Couturier Effect

I remember saying to my dad, "Holy **** the entire 1st line is in the box."

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:45 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:

Absolutely agree with all of this................Simmonds has a bunch of PP goals that Hartnell helped him get without him ever touching the puck or getting an assist on. The D on the PK has to focus on Hartsy in that left slot area where he is deadly on that one timer, which lets Simmer get a little cushion down low near the post........I love our PP, and Harts is a key member on it regardless of what some of the people on here think .And Harts is a MUCH better passer than he gets credit for as well........I like Harts Blue collar approach to hockey , he Bleeds orange !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Somebody photoshop Pitbull in place of the box keeper.

"Get the party started"
Sup

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 01:56 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Sup

Brilliant!!