HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2014, 07:10 PM
  #876
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,648
vCash: 500
Watching Folin play right now. I like what I see. Skates smoothly, good first pass and good defensively. Sometimes gets out of position though.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 07:15 PM
  #877
KrazyKat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
If i guy like Folin signs, then how are all of D prospects ever going to have room on this team? Ghost is younger then Folin and arguably around the same skill level. So if one or maybe two of prospects make the team next year. How long before all of them make it?

example (saying if Folin signs) and Kimmo Retires. Grossmann gets traded.

Streit Coburn
Mcd Schenn
Gus Folin
Morin? Hägg? Alt? Ghost?

And even so thats a very young D core.

KrazyKat is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 07:19 PM
  #878
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat View Post
If i guy like Folin signs, then how are all of D prospects ever going to have room on this team? Ghost is younger then Folin and arguably around the same skill level. So if one or maybe two of prospects make the team next year. How long before all of them make it?

example (saying if Folin signs) and Kimmo Retires. Grossmann gets traded.

Streit Coburn
Mcd Schenn
Gus Folin
Morin? Hägg? Alt? Ghost?

And even so thats a very young D core.
That's assuming all of them pan out which would be a good problem to have but it's highly unlikely it goes that way so it's better to have prospect depth at the defensive position to improve your chances of at least a few of them turning out to be something.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-22-2014 at 07:27 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 07:24 PM
  #879
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,237
vCash: 500
Folin also likes to be physical as well, but not overly so.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 07:27 PM
  #880
Cousins27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Watching Folin play right now. I like what I see. Skates smoothly, good first pass and good defensively. Sometimes gets out of position though.
Im watching him 2. Hes smooth. Great first pass. Hes also 23 years old tho. Love to see the flyers sign him. Having defensive depth in your system is a good problem to have.

Cousins27 is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 07:28 PM
  #881
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,901
vCash: 500
Folin is a very good defensive prospect.
The Jets have a very good goalie prospect in Connor Hellebuyck

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 08:09 PM
  #882
The Dream
User Registered
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Union 3 - Colgate 0 after 2 periods.

Gostisbehere has an assist and drew a penalty, which Union proceeded to score on.

He looks really good. He is skating is incredible and he is a fantastic passer; he has made several perfect stretch passes that led to scoring chances.

The Dream is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 08:35 PM
  #883
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
He's been the first star in both games.
Bustin' out!

Larry44 is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
  #884
The Dream
User Registered
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Where can you see highlights of Rimouski's games? Their website? Somewhere else?

The Dream is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
  #885
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,388
vCash: 500
London won 6-3 over Windsor tonight, Stolarz stopped 33 of 36 (.937SV% in 2 games).

London leads the series 2-0.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-22-2014, 09:39 PM
  #886
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Would love to add Folin, resign MacDonald, and trade grossmann.

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Folin
MacDonald-Schenn
Gus

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
03-22-2014, 11:43 PM
  #887
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,388
vCash: 500
Portland won 3-0 over Vancouver last night, Leier scored his 1st goal & picked up an assist (4 points in 2 games).

Portland leads the series 2-0.

-----------------------

Kelowna won 3-1 over Tri-City last night, Goulbourne picked up an assist (1 point in 1 game).

Kelowna leads the series 1-0.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 01:18 AM
  #888
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,821
vCash: 500
Philly prospects are good luck apparently, not a single one of them have lost a playoff game yet haha.
]

Striiker is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 03:27 AM
  #889
Doors
Registered User
 
Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Philly prospects are good luck apparently, not a single one of them have lost a playoff game yet haha.
]
Robert Hägg

Doors is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
  #890
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Where can you see highlights of Rimouski's games? Their website? Somewhere else?
here is a link for highlights from Rimouski's first game. Morin's slapshot is special. Goalie doesn't even react ( a theme all year) And his windup is incredibly efficient. Whoever thought he does not posses offensive upside has no clue what they are talking about.

http://www.oceanic.qc.ca/video/index...b233a3fa1f1151

Jtown is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 08:29 AM
  #891
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
here is a link for highlights from Rimouski's first game. Morin's slapshot is special. Goalie doesn't even react ( a theme all year) And his windup is incredibly efficient. Whoever thought he does not posses offensive upside has no clue what they are talking about.

http://www.oceanic.qc.ca/video/index...b233a3fa1f1151
The power behind it is amazing. He gets a full wind up though which is why people worry. When on the PP that will be deadly and he will have time to make that shot. I am sure though he will adjust when at even strength and he doesn't have that time to wind up. It's not a major concern at all really, that shot is really nice though.

How long have you been a Oilers fan?


Last edited by Prongo: 03-23-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 08:55 AM
  #892
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Morin, Ghost and Hägg all have absolute bombs from the point...

Appleyard is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 08:58 AM
  #893
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Morin, Ghost and Hägg all have absolute bombs from the point...
Morin's shot has 1st unit PP unit written all over it. Ghost and Hagg I could see in the future on the second PP unit if everything goes well. I think Morin, either next year, or the year after when he gets some serious time will see the 1st PP unit when he plays for an extended look. There is no way you keep a shot like that off that unit. He is accurate too, which is the biggest need.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:03 AM
  #894
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Morin's shot has 1st unit PP unit written all over it. Ghost and Hagg I could see in the future on the second PP unit if everything goes well. I think Morin, either next year, or the year after when he gets some serious time will see the 1st PP unit when he plays for an extended look. There is no way you keep a shot like that off that unit. He is accurate too, which is the biggest need.
If Gostisbehere isn't on the 1st unit at some point in his career, something went wrong. That's his bread and butter.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:07 AM
  #895
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 153
how about both of them on the 1st unit

Simonnds
Giroux-Hartnel-Ghost
Morin

Flyerss is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:08 AM
  #896
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The power behind it is amazing. He gets a full wind up though which is why people worry. When on the PP that will be deadly and he will have time to make that shot. I am sure though he will adjust when at even strength and he doesn't have that time to wind up. It's not a major concern at all really, that shot is really nice though.

How long have you been a Oilers fan?
Since Doug Weight. He had some close ties to some of my family when he was younger. Its almost impossible to watch them these days however

Jtown is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:33 AM
  #897
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
how about both of them on the 1st unit

Simonnds
Giroux-Hartnel-Ghost
Morin
No Voracek?

It's hypothetical, but by the time Morin is ready for #1 duties, some of those guys won't be here.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:39 AM
  #898
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,725
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Folin is a very good defensive prospect.
The Jets have a very good goalie prospect in Connor Hellebuyck
Hellebuyck might be the most underrated prospect in hockey. Lowell does play a stifling defensive system, but it wouldn't be possible without him.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:43 AM
  #899
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
No Voracek?

It's hypothetical, but by the time Morin is ready for #1 duties, some of those guys won't be here.
in the 2nd unit, unless you want to pull the goalie or sacrifice net presence

Flyerss is offline  
Old
03-23-2014, 09:55 AM
  #900
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
I see Stolie the Goalie is back at dominating in his playoffs like last year. Hopefully he can run the table this year. Last year the kid ran out of gas.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.