HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2014, 10:37 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
They won't be as putrid as they are now if everything with the draft falls into place but yeah they probably will be a lottery team but it depends how this offseason goes with the draft and FA's...
Unless the Sixers target the biggest FA's they probably will not have a shot at winning anything substantial next year. Draft Wiggins and sign a couple role players and you have yourself a .500 team. TBH, I would not mind sucking for another year. I am in no rush end the rebuild early.

Old
03-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Was at the bar today. They've got about 6 or 7 TVs on to various games. They had NCAA action and Blues/Hawks on most of them. No one complained about no Sixers on TV. I'm glad no one ordered wings because they run a special where you get discounted wings whenever a Philly team is playing, and I'm pretty sure no bartender knew the Sixers were playing the Bulls tonight.

Season can't end quick enough.

Old
03-19-2014, 10:57 PM
The Dream
Maximum Overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Season can't end quick enough.
The longer the season goes on, the better chance the Bucks will win a couple games. Cause I do not see us winning any other game. I want dat #1

Old
03-21-2014, 08:29 PM
FLYguy3911

Knicks almost gifted the Sixers a win. Woodson yanked his starters with 4 minutes to go and kept them out until the lead was cut to 2. Carter-Williams had a chance to tie at the horn but rimmed out. Sixers attempted 41 3 pointers. Of course they only hit 10.

Old
03-21-2014, 08:44 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
That was a fun fourth quarter. I'm not going to lie, I wanted that MCW 3 to go in to give the Sixers a chance to win it in OT. I really don't want the losing streak record.

Old
03-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
That was a fun fourth quarter. I'm not going to lie, I wanted that MCW 3 to go in to give the Sixers a chance to win it in OT. I really don't want the losing streak record.
I want it. I don't want another win all year.

Old
03-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

FWIW, Henry Sims looks like he can be a solid bench piece to this rebuild.

Old
03-22-2014, 10:42 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

I would bring back Sims next year along with Thompson for sure. They are nice finds along with Wroten.

Then Thad and JRich will be back. Add MCW, Noel, and a few 2014 picks.

Going to be a lot more enjoyable next season.

Old
03-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
The sixers need Parker to come out. That Duke elimination was the worst thing that could happen. Wiggins/Parker is a must to make this tank worth it. Right now its looking like this year could've been a giant waste.

Old
03-23-2014, 10:28 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Wont lie.. Watching Parker not care about playing defense annoyed the **** out of me.

Old
03-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wont lie.. Watching Parker not care about playing defense annoyed the **** out of me.
Noel is going to make up for a lot of bad perimeter Defense.

Old
03-23-2014, 11:22 AM
FLYguy3911

I'd rather have Exum than Parker, but the more top end talent that comes out, the better chance the Sixers have of getting their guy.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
The sixers need Parker to come out. That Duke elimination was the worst thing that could happen. Wiggins/Parker is a must to make this tank worth it. Right now its looking like this year could've been a giant waste.
I personally think Parker will come into the draft. Wiggins definitely will be. Embiid is the bigger question for everyone I'd say.

Wiggins had a poor offensive game against Stanford though to end his season. Was only 1/6 with 4 pts.

Old
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I personally think Parker will come into the draft. Wiggins definitely will be. Embiid is the bigger question for everyone I'd say.

Wiggins had a poor offensive game against Stanford though to end his season. Was only 1/6 with 4 pts.
wow, ex sixer johnny dawkins has the cardinal playing well. Kansas really needed Embiid.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post

People who like the Sixers don't want Embiid. Most want Parker or Wiggins.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
People who like the Sixers don't want Embiid. Most want Parker or Wiggins.
I think the point is that Embiid being in the draft makes it more likely one of the other guys slips down a spot, should the Sixers end up not benefiting from the lottery.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:53 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think the point is that Embiid being in the draft makes it more likely one of the other guys slips down a spot, should the Sixers end up not benefiting from the lottery.
Exactly. It's looking like worst case scenario, the Sixers pick 5th. If one of those top 3 don't come out, that's one less quality player at our pick.

Old
03-23-2014, 07:03 PM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Brett Brown was an assistant for a long time with San Antonio and they did pretty well with a two-headed monster of David Robinson & Tim Duncan. He also came out recently and said Sixers should go best player available and if it's Embiid they'll make it work. Could be smokescreen, but my personal top-5 is.

#1)Wiggins, #2)Embiid, #3)Parker, #4)Exum, #5)Vonleh.

I consider there to be a drop between 4 and 5 even though I really like Vonleh(I'd love him to drop and get with the New Olreans pick, but they keep winning and he's not sliding to 10 or 11).

If I looked at more of Exum and saw him against a better level of competition he could go higher. I love his size and athleticism and he just looks like he has an 'it' factor to him.

The way I view things is if the Sixers finish 2nd worst (which looks pretty likely even if they lose out cuz the Bucks are horrible and keep losing too) The Sixers will have a 87.7% chance of picking in the top-4. There's a 12.3% chance of picking 5th which would only happen if teams with better records than the two worst teams all win the top-3 picks. That would push the Bucks to 4th and the Sixers to 5th.

Whether they have the worst record or 2nd worst record the chances of winning the #1 pick really aren't that good. 25% chance to win if worst, 19.9% if 2nd worst. So reverse that and it's a 75% likelihood of not picking 1st or 80% likelihood of not picking first.

Somehow this has translated into people not understanding probabilities to say you might as well have the 3rd/4th/5th worst record because teams who finish 1st don't win the lotto that much. Of course they don't win it that much. You are 75% likely NOT to pick 1st if you finish worst. The NBA draft is small sample size. Rolling a square 20 times and seeing how many times it lands on one specific side you'll probably have a portion represented more than 5 times.

Now roll that same square 1 million times and you'll get odds closer to 25%.

Old
03-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Hiesenberg

Is NO is still around 11. Seems like a very good chance that the Sixers get that pick this year as well.

12 games left right?

Old
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
Brett Brown was an assistant for a long time with San Antonio and they did pretty well with a two-headed monster of David Robinson & Tim Duncan. He also came out recently and said Sixers should go best player available and if it's Embiid they'll make it work. Could be smokescreen, but my personal top-5 is.
Having two athletic 7 footers could be a nightmare for other teams to deal with, if they both pan out. Put Noel in the high post, Joel in the low post, MCW up top, and two shooters on the wings. I'm not worried about Embiid's back like a lot of people are. Since he first started playing the sport 2-3 years ago he has been playing a lot of ball in that time period and his 7 foot frame is not used to the forces associated with basketball. His bone density is not up to par yet. A 7 feet 240 lb man jumping up and down constantly on hard wood puts considerable stress on the lower spine. Andre Drummond had the same injury and is doing fine.

Quote:
#1)Wiggins, #2)Embiid, #3)Parker, #4)Exum, #5)Vonleh.
Good list, almost the same as mine. I really like Vonleh too and he said that he will declare. If he's not there at the Pelicans pick he will at least bump someone down. Just a side note but Saric will not declare this year.

Old
03-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Hiesenberg

When is the deadline to declare? People will be waiting patiently for Parker's decision

Old
03-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
When is the deadline to declare? People will be waiting patiently for Parker's decision
Looks like 60 days before the draft is the deadline.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-24-2014, 08:58 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
11.59pm april 27

Old
03-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Hiesenberg

So the Sixers will know well in advance if Parker is coming out before they even know there position. NBA Lottery is 5/20. So if Parker stays in, it'll be even more vital to get the #1 spot.

Old
03-24-2014, 02:49 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
It is pretty incredible that the Sixers lost the last 24 in a row and are still two games ahead of the Bucks. Weren't they in 29th place when this streak started? How is this possible? Haha.

Also, what are the chances of landing a two-piece like Embid/Smart or Parker/Randle? Or are we looking at a stud + a "meh" prospect?

Closed Thread