HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why was beaulieu sent down?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
  #26
Scriptor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I hear Beaulieu fights too.
Apparently, only if his father is around

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:38 AM
  #27
Scriptor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Because this team is terrible at managing young players. Bergevin might be great at hiring his friends for symbolic positions to show player development is the priority, but pep talks from Breezer aren't going to make up for having Therrien as the coach who punishes any young player who dares not try and be a grinder.
Your opinion stated as fact. So out in left field it's mind numbing. You obviously don't watch the games. Thanks for participating

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
  #28
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Apparently, only if his father is around
Bad taste. But great comeback.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
  #29
overlords
youmyboyblou!
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Your opinion stated as fact. So out in left field it's mind numbing. You obviously don't watch the games. Thanks for participating
Intellectually lazy reply #131. Bring an argument to the table, please.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:14 AM
  #30
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
It was discussed on TSN 690 last week on Melnick's show. The consensus, based on the folks on there, who have to be somewhat in the know, was that he sulked and/or made a negative comment when he was sent down to Hamilton. The plan had been to call him back up, but the Habs left him in Hamilton to teach him a lesson. I would hope they move past that soon.
If that is true and the reason Beaulieu has not been brought back up, then we have really inept management.

Punish the kid for a game or two. Then send him back to Montreal.

There was a reason that this team was playing well before the Olympics. He was a part of it.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  #31
overlords
youmyboyblou!
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If that is true and the reason Beaulieu has not been brought back up, then we have really inept management.

Punish the kid for a game or two. Then send him back to Montreal.

There was a reason that this team was playing well before the Olympics. He was a part of it.
Agreed. Punish the kid, but don't punish the team/fanbase. We're better with him up here.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  #32
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
Management sent beaulieu down for the Olympics and felt during the break that tinordi outplayed him, which he did. That's why tinordi was called up, beailieu is still in Hamilton because we have a glutton of serviceable defenceman, also at this point it would be risky to call him back up because we only have 3 call ups after the trade deadline.
The problem with our D now is that we only have two legitimate PMD.

There is a big issue with having a pairing of Weaver and Murray and giving Bouillon all of those minutes simply because he is paired with Subban.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:24 AM
  #33
Smokey Thompson
Registered User
 
Smokey Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The problem with our D now is that we only have two legitimate PMD.

There is a big issue with having a pairing of Weaver and Murray and giving Bouillon all of those minutes simply because he is paired with Subban.
The team is essentially short handed for 20-25 minutes a game when Bouillon plays with Subban; can't keep up offensively, can't get the puck out of his own zone without icing it, can't hit the net, can barely make a pass, and is all over the place in his coverage. To add to that, he's usually playing vs top lines and with one of our top 2 lines.

It's an absolute joke.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:30 AM
  #34
Foxhole Fred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
I disagree with the idea that tinordi is more ready than beaulieu. I think it's the other way around. Tinordi has the size we need and can play the pk but too often makes silly mistakes (mostly up ice) whereas beaulieu is much more polished, doesn't make as many mistakes he can't recover from, and adds more to the team.

Foxhole Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:35 AM
  #35
Megaforce
Registered User
 
Megaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Raymond NDG/Mtl
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Beaulieu had an excellent plus-minus, at +5, for what it's worth.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:36 AM
  #36
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Your opinion stated as fact. So out in left field it's mind numbing. You obviously don't watch the games. Thanks for participating
My opinion is my opinion. It's my opinion that Beaulieu is already better than Murray, Bouillon, Emelin, and Tinordi (who has himself been good), can be even better, and gives us possession ability only Markov and Subban can match. There is no justification I can find that Beaulieu is not in the NHL, so I think blaming the coach is logical.

Unless you can think of another reason, if so, please tell me. Or you can attack me personally without saying anything of value, that's cool too.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:37 AM
  #37
FazChenyuk
Registered User
 
FazChenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
I agree that he would be much better then Bouillon but organization values experience too. Beaulieu still a kid.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:42 AM
  #38
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes
 
OnlytheCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
He simply isn't ready yet and Tinordi looks much better than Beaulieu at this point. What is ridiculous is that anyone needs an explanation for this.

I watched him play live for the Habs before the Olympic break and he wasn't very impressive. His d-zone reads were slow and he was easily muscled off of the puck.

He is atleast a full year away from becoming a FT NHLer imo.
I guess you didn't watch how well he moved the puck when he was up....and how much better our 2nd PP unit is with him Quarterbacking it rather than Boullion. Does he have defensive woes? Yes he does, but he brings more offensive punch then any other dman other then Markov and Subban. When it comes to special teams we need him on the PP or we are done like dinner.

I would rather watch Beaulieu makes a defensive error but create scoring opportunities rather than watch Boullion/Murray make defensive errors and not create any offense at all.

OnlytheCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:43 AM
  #39
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 35,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Does anyone actually have credible explanation as to why beaulieu was sent down, and kept down?

I can understand sending him down during the Olympics, and his play at the nhl level certainly did not warrant a sending down.

Please don't feed me rumours... I'd rather focus on what we actually know, if anything.
All I've heard are rumours.

But it can't be for what we've seen from him on the ice because he's been great with us. Makes no sense that he's not up here unless they're teaching him a lesson about something.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:45 AM
  #40
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes
 
OnlytheCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Beaulieu, Pateryn, and Tokarski get to rot away in Hamilton unfortunately, life isn't fair.

OnlytheCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:46 AM
  #41
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 35,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Because this team is terrible at managing young players. Bergevin might be great at hiring his friends for symbolic positions to show player development is the priority, but pep talks from Breezer aren't going to make up for having Therrien as the coach who punishes any young player who dares not try and be a grinder.
As much as I agree with this, in this particular case I will give the team the benefit of the doubt. I've certainly bashed the team management (particularly Therrien) this year for things I've found inexplicable.

In this particular case there's so much that we don't know here. I have no idea why he's been demoted and can only rely on the 2nd hand stories I've read here. Assuming that the spirit of those rumours are true, then the team is trying to send some message to him (hopefully) in the spirit of teaching him something. Maybe, this time they'll actually get it right. And I say this more from the standpoint that I'd guess this is MB's decision and not MT's.

Then again, you could be completely right on this again.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:47 AM
  #42
Smokey Thompson
Registered User
 
Smokey Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
I guess you didn't watch how well he moved the puck when he was up....and how much better our 2nd PP unit is with him Quarterbacking it rather than Boullion. Does he have defensive woes? Yes he does, but he brings more offensive punch then any other dman other then Markov and Subban. When it comes to special teams we need him on the PP or we are done like dinner.

I would rather watch Beaulieu makes a defensive error but create scoring opportunities rather than watch Boullion/Murray make defensive errors and not create any offense at all.
His defensive woes are overrated. Sure, he can improve his coverage but he didn't make a ton of mistakes.

When he was on the ice, the Habs had the puck. This while playing on his offside for the first time in his career with an anchor like Murray.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
  #43
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
His defensive woes are overrated. Sure, he can improve his coverage but he didn't make a ton of mistakes.

When he was on the ice, the Habs had the puck. This while playing on his offside for the first time in his career with an anchor like Murray.
Beaulieu and Murray complemented each other.

Murray, despite being slow, plays well positionally on defense. That is why he is able to block so many shots.

Beaulieu, while still inexperienced on defense, is very mobile and was able to move the puck forward instead of relying on Murray to attempt that.

The best of both worlds and they played very well together.

Plus, as mentioned, Beaulieu can do well on the PP.

Beaulieu and Tinordi should be in Montreal. Playing on the same line? No. But at least both getting opportunities.

Last time I looked, Hamilton has little to no chance at making the playoffs. Why waste Beaulieu there????

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:03 PM
  #44
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 500
It has to be something in the dressing room, he is known for being a bit of a punk, that's the only thing I can figure he's better then Tinordi and boulion and a few others

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  #45
G0bias
Registered User
 
G0bias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Our transition game is horrendous right now.

I don't give a **** if he's a doosh. Beaulieu on his off-side and paired with Murray, moved the puck better than any other d-man not named Subban or Markov.

G0bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:22 PM
  #46
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
Beaulieu, Pateryn, and Tokarski get to rot away in Hamilton unfortunately, life isn't fair.
There is worst in life, like having no job at all when you are between 20 and 25 year old (with a College degree) , instead of earning 60k to 100 k a year..... To PLAY...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:24 PM
  #47
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
It has to be something in the dressing room, he is known for being a bit of a punk, that's the only thing I can figure he's better then Tinordi and boulion and a few others
*SIGH* - Foolishness. No, it DOESN'T have to be something in the dressing room. To come to that conclusion and justify it by saying what he's 'known' for (in your opinion) is flawed.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:27 PM
  #48
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogers View Post
Our transition game is horrendous right now.

I don't give a **** if he's a doosh. Beaulieu on his off-side and paired with Murray, moved the puck better than any other d-man not named Subban or Markov.
I think what Beaulieu brings is more of a need for this team at this point than what Tinordi brings. I'm also not a fan of having both of them in the lineup together at this point, nor of having both called up and rotating them in and out.

Furthermore, as has been stated already, Murray looked best when paired with Beaulieu, so we could get a boost there too.

I'm expecting that before the end of the season at some point we'll see Beaulieu back up and Tinordi back down. In the meantime I'm not going to gripe about it.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:35 PM
  #49
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
If that is true and the reason Beaulieu has not been brought back up, then we have really inept management.

Punish the kid for a game or two. Then send him back to Montreal.

There was a reason that this team was playing well before the Olympics. He was a part of it.
So he sulked and didn't put the effort in, you punish him for a 'game or two', he continues not to put the effort in and you say 'well, glad you learnt your lesson, come on back'.

If he was 'sulking' in the first place, that's a concern. Sending him and Tinordi down for the olympic break was a no brainer. Now, he continues to play unimpressively. So either he's not in any kind of form to play in the NHL, in which case better he stays in Hamilton to work that out, or he has a major attitude problem and rewarding him for that would be the exact opposite of what is required.

There's only one person responsible for Nathan Beaulieu not being in Montreal and that's Nathan Beaulieu - this is all on him.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:43 PM
  #50
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,314
vCash: 500
And then we trade Beaulieu to another team and we get to read about him for years on end........ala McDonaugh.

Beaulieu may or may not have an attitude. He competes on the ice.

Bourque, on the other hand, has a lazy attitude and is still on the team and actually potted a goal because he decided to compete for a change.

If you go the zero tolerance route, apply to all. If not, then that is a sign of ineptitude.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.